Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains shitshow - next STRIKE - October 8th (Spurs)??

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Interesting…

Thanks, didn’t know that.

I’ve said that really confidently but it’s a while since I saw the plans and am now doubting myself. Pretty sure that’s right but remember thinking they’ll have to cut down a load of mature trees for that which is quite hard to get permission for.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Re P&R in Burgess Hill or Haywards Heath. Surely the idea is to get as many cars as close to the ground as possible thus needing less buses.
Park 500 cars 3 miles away and you'll get away with 5 buses.
Park 200 cars 10 miles away (400 people) and each bus takes 45 minutes to complete a round trip. 5 buses.
Ideally we need a huge field 5 miles away and stewards giving buses priority at junctions.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree, Mr. Bennet is a shrewd operator, why would he turn down all this dosh he could have been earning from the Albion on match days for a cosiderable time now, unless he thought there was an excellent chance of getting his application past the planning process?

Perhaps equally shrewd TB/PB were only prepared to pay a low rent that Mr.Bennet's adviser said was derisory?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I agree, Mr. Bennet is a shrewd operator, why would he turn down all this dosh he could have been earning from the Albion on match days for a cosiderable time now, unless he thought there was an excellent chance of getting his application past the planning process?

Yes but surely he could rent it out for a nominal fee on a 6 month lease with clauses for access to measure up for building works. It's been empty for years and even £5000 a year would be better than having a tarmaced field with nothing on it returning zero profit.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Perhaps equally shrewd TB/PB were only prepared to pay a low rent that Mr.Bennet's adviser said was derisory?

Well if Mr. Bennet gets his way, then l think whatever rent the club are willing to pay, will be pale in comparison to what he is likely to receive for his site with planning permission on it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes but surely he could rent it out for a nominal fee on a 6 month lease with clauses for access to measure up for building works. It's been empty for years and even £5000 a year would be better than having a tarmaced field with nothing on it returning zero profit.

Well l guess the man has his reasons, maybe we should be asking him that question!

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
The rail journey planners have been updated for Saturday. No trains apart from London to Brighton and vive versa stopping on route but the last train leaves Brighton around 5pm ish so it effectively means every fan wil be affected by the train travel. Strange how the club knew before Southern rail would say anything about no services to Falmer. Good on the club getting that info though just dunno why railways felt need to withold that info until today. I wonder how Spurs fans plan to attend. We know theyll be plenty in Sussex so will you end up sat next to a spud on the mashed potatoe run aka shuttle bus? We better win.

boik

So, looks like I will have to use P&R for the first time. Any tips. What time would anyone suggest getting to Waterhall to get a space, or should I just head to the Racecourse to guarantee getting in. And whereabouts outside the ground do I need to get the bus back, is it outside the east, or outside the South? I have looked on the club site, but have obviously missed it.

Cheers.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Probably as much about available sites and buses as it is about geography. I guess the idea of Pyecombe is to take pressure off Mill Road.

Surprised they couldn't get West Hove Sainsbury's this time tbh.

Only been able to use West Hove Sainsbury's when it's been shut haven't we? Can't see them offering that up on a busy Saturday shopping day.

theboybilly

So, looks like I will have to use P&R for the first time. Any tips. What time would anyone suggest getting to Waterhall to get a space, or should I just head to the Racecourse to guarantee getting in. And whereabouts outside the ground do I need to get the bus back, is it outside the east, or outside the South? I have looked on the club site, but have obviously missed it.

Cheers.

Safe yourself a load of worry and hassle by just heading straight to the racecourse. Hang back if you can at the end, have a cuppa or visit the club shop then walk up to (hopefully) a much-shortened queue.

Edit: the buses leave from the coach park opposite Bennetts Field. Use the steps there, not the ones opposite the Away turnstiles

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The rail journey planners have been updated for Saturday. No trains apart from London to Brighton and vive versa stopping on route but the last train leaves Brighton around 5pm ish so it effectively means every fan wil be affected by the train travel. Strange how the club knew before Southern rail would say anything about no services to Falmer. Good on the club getting that info though just dunno why railways felt need to withold that info until today. I wonder how Spurs fans plan to attend. We know theyll be plenty in Sussex so will you end up sat next to a spud on the mashed potatoe run aka shuttle bus? We better win.

Maybe they were finalising the mainline (London to Brighton) timetable but were able to say with certainty that there would be absolutely no Brighton to Falmer service?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Cheers.

Don't know when to get to Waterhall as I get there when it opens to make sure I can get a seat in Dick's Bar. It drops you in roughly the same place as you come back, in the turning and access area by the coach park behind the South Stand. When you return, stewards will direct you to the queue with signs.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I dare say Tottenham have commandeered every available coach in North London, to get their fans down here for the game.

Expect the coach park to be busy . . . very busy indeed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe they were finalising the mainline (London to Brighton) timetable but were able to say with certainty that there would be absolutely no Brighton to Falmer service?

I dare say they have put pretty much every available driver and guard onto the prestige London to Brighton services, rather than allocate them to East or West Coastway trains.

Football or no football, it's the main line up to the capital that will take priority.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I dare say they have put pretty much every available driver and guard onto the prestige London to Brighton services, rather than allocate them to East or West Coastway trains.

Football or no football, it's the main line up to the capital that will take priority.

Exactly

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Nothing to do with drivers and guards , signallers are out so they have managers working the panels and can’t handle the normal day to day running of trains so only doing it 7am to 7pm and only cover the main panels (main line)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here