Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains shitshow - next STRIKE - October 8th (Spurs)??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I have sent messages and got replies to both Thameslink and Southern Rail and they do not know what service (if any) will operate on the 8th October (they both say check nearer the date - yeah I know not much use!) but a service of some sort is not entirely ruled out. What could count against us is previous strikes the services wound down early and that might be too early to get back home from the match. If only travelling by train was easier!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Naylor tweeting that there will be 'Extra park and ride sites and lots more buses'

(no details yet though)

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Currently 607 seats available to buy now the ticket exchange is open. Would expect more than that, but maybe some haven't realised the exchange is open?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I have sent messages and got replies to both Thameslink and Southern Rail and they do not know what service (if any) will operate on the 8th October (they both say check nearer the date - yeah I know not much use!) but a service of some sort is not entirely ruled out. What could count against us is previous strikes the services wound down early and that might be too early to get back home from the match. If only travelling by train was easier!

Southern Website confirms the timetable will be known and available on their website on 04/10/22

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
isn't the NEXT STRIKE - Oct 1st? It is - I'm being royally screwed

Could the thread title mislead?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Well simply multiply the number coaches per train x 9 to the trains that do run, and you are back to full capacity.

What is all the fuss about? :ffsparr:

Note . . . l am being sarcastic, obviously.

On a 72 carriage train the back of it will be in Brighton and the front would start at Falmer, just get everyone to walk through the carriages, job done.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

London Victoria to Brighton 1tph (SN)
London Bridge to Brighton 1tph (TL)
Hove to Brighton 1tph (SN)

All these services will run between 7am and 7pm, with all trains having to be terminated by 7pm, so last departures likely about 5:30-6pm

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
More info on Tuesday apparently.

Screenshot_20220929-154319~2.png

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Currently 607 seats available to buy now the ticket exchange is open. Would expect more than that, but maybe some haven't realised the exchange is open?

Lots of people just won't bother putting them on the exchange. There will be a fair few thousand not going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here