Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains shitshow - next STRIKE - October 8th (Spurs)??

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Ironically I bought a ticket for this one before the strike was announced and planned to travel down from Norfolk on the day. Sadly will now not bother so another ticket to put on the exchange.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm hedging my bets to see whether I can make it or not before popping it on the exchange

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm hedging my bets to see whether I can make it or not before popping it on the exchange

Its been widely reported now that the club are about to shortly announce a hefty amount of free shuttle buses from Lewes to Falmer (and back) and more park and rides capacity .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ironically I bought a ticket for this one before the strike was announced and planned to travel down from Norfolk on the day. Sadly will now not bother so another ticket to put on the exchange.

Are you driving ? If so then my guess is that you'll find it pretty straightforward (park in lewes and get a shuttle bus or at a park and ride). Of course if you're coming via train then a whole different story.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Its been widely reported now that the club are about to shortly announce a hefty amount of free shuttle buses from Lewes to Falmer (and back) and more park and rides capacity .

Let's hope so although parking in Lewes can be a pain (for more than 2 hours)

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Are you driving ? If so then my guess is that you'll find it pretty straightforward (park in lewes and get a shuttle bus or at a park and ride). Of course if you're coming via train then a whole different story.

I think you hit nail on head for there will be fans travelling by train that going to the equestrian centre as an example isnt an option. Im predicting lots of fans arriving by train early as the service will most likely run albeit even worse than normal but be stuck getting back. Regarding shuttle bus to Lewes what parking options are there? Very limited I believe you only need look at the fireworks to realise how the town doesn't have parking for large numbers.

Last edited:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021

That's my thoughts precisely and bear in mind the need to get to the ground in good time and delays leaving you really need all day parking (obviously it wont be ALL day but for the purposes of parking) - obviously nothing stopping fans parking on the outskirts of the town free all day unrestricted parking.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Car Park C - Car Park 7 (Sussex Uni Multistory Car Park BN1 9RB) available now limited spaces for Spurs

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think you hit nail on head for there will be fans travelling by train that going to the equestrian centre as an example isnt an option. Im predicting lots of fans arriving by train early as the service will most likely run albeit even worse than normal but be stuck getting back. Regarding shuttle bus to Lewes what parking options are there? Very limited I believe you only need look at the fireworks to realise how the town doesn't have parking for large numbers.

??? have you ever parked there for a matchday. I have for the last 11 years ha ha . There's multiple car parks, offroad parking, and a car park next to the station. How do you think Lewes copes with matchdays ? The only change will be people going to Falmer by shuttle bus instead of train. The club have run this kind of operation multiple times when trains have been on strike, at christmas, etc etc. Have you ever used it ? I'm sure it will be a bit bumpy but it will go a long way imo.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Well you have to pay ! But i find parking in Lewes to be relatively ok - if you leave it it a bit late on a matchday to be fair then you could be in for a bit of a walk.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
5/10 most trains on southern will run as normal

Which strike day are you talking about ? Possibly the 2 match days?
I’ve not checked exactly who is on strike when tbf
But the midweek on the 5 th if the same as the previous strike days
the 1 in 9 I saw quoted earlier on this thread is more likely

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
??? have you ever parked there for a matchday. I have for the last 11 years ha ha . There's multiple car parks, offroad parking, and a car park next to the station. How do you think Lewes copes with matchdays ? The only change will be people going to Falmer by shuttle bus instead of train. The club have run this kind of operation multiple times when trains have been on strike, at christmas, etc etc. Have you ever used it ? I'm sure it will be a bit bumpy but it will go a long way imo.

Thanks, presume Lewes Park N ride is walk up? Do you need tickets or turn up? where does bus leave from?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Which strike day are you talking about ? Possibly the 2 match days?
I’ve not checked exactly who is on strike when tbf
But the midweek on the 5 th if the same as the previous strike days
the 1 in 9 I saw quoted earlier on this thread is more likely

Sorry the 5/10 is referring to the 5th. It’s only ASLEF then and southern and TL drivers aren’t striking. There’s a full southern service except for the Tonbridge to Redhill service, which is crewed by Southeastern drivers, I think it’ll drop to once every 2-3 hours.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
a sensible compromise so Sky get to show the match and fans get to get to the game and essentially have a chance getting back home afterwards would be an earlier ko say 12.30pm i dont know why this couldnt happen? maybe too late now.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
a sensible compromise so Sky get to show the match and fans get to get to the game and essentially have a chance getting back home afterwards would be an earlier ko say 12.30pm i dont know why this couldnt happen? maybe too late now.

Sky don't compromise. Unfortunately they come before the fans 😕

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Unfortunately no car. I was going to use the train and the coach option via London takes almost all day. I'll just have to miss it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here