Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train advice for tonight - NO TRAINS BETWEEN THREE BRIDGES & HAYWARDS HEATH TONIGHT

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
How is it a "ferk up"? Who has made, what mistake here?

Problems on the trains, roads etc happen from time to time. As far as I know, no-one from teh club has demolished Balcombe Tunnel.

Obviously not the club's fault, but I hold railway companies fully responsible when the infrastructure fails for whatever reason. Rail fares are high enough for them to invest money to stop problems like this from happening.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Obviously not the club's fault, but I hold railway companies fully responsible when the infrastructure fails for whatever reason. Rail fares are high enough for them to invest money to stop problems like this from happening.

Infrastructure is the domain of Network Rail so the train companies are as frustrated as everyone else as this is costing them big time

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
Unless I have misunderstood this getting home from Brighton on the west coast service is going to be fun - traind from Brighton at 22.03 and 22.33 that's it. Normally you can catch a train to Hove to connect with the train from Victoria which I am guessing won't run ( or maybe from Haywards Heath?). So the 22.33 is going to be rammed and suspect some will miss out.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Mill Road was full at 6.15 on Wednesday, so presume those extra buses are for the other sites. Seriously would not bother with Mill Road if looking like getting there after 6.15!!

No it wasn't. I parked in Mill Road (albeit the overflow bit) at 6.40.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
From the Southern site:

Brighton Mainline services are running between London and Three Bridges where replacement buses are running between Three Bridges and Haywards Heath. At Haywards Heath a reduced train service is operating between Haywards Heath and Brighton and between Haywards Heath and Eastbourne/Hastings

This will extend journey times by at least 2 hours, depending on the queuing times for buses. Therefore, passengers travelling between London and Brighton (in both directions) are advised to travel via Barnham, or on the direct services between London and Brighton. This will extend journey times by up to 2 hours.

So at least 2 hours or up to 2 hours?! Meaning if you are north of HH you basically have to think about leaving, erm, now.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Has anyone told the Leeds fans, I wonder?!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ah sorry. Was judging it by the fact the cars were right to the top by 6.15.

Yeah, I thought that at the Spurs game, when I parked about 6 cars from the top, but after you go under the bridge at the bottom of the road, there is a turning on the right, which leads to a little road that runs parallel to Mill Road, and they direct you through to there, and you walk back to Mill Road to get a bus.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I am assuming that the london bridge to uckfield line is still open?
Yeah, it will be - different route. Can also get to Uckfield via Victoria. Then the 28 or 29 bus (?) will take you to Falmer. Not sure when those buses run tho.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is the latest update at 15.30, on http://www.southernrailway.com/

15.30 Friday 23 September

Train services are suspended between Haywards Heath and Three Bridges as Balcombe tunnel is closed for the rest of today due to emergency repairs.

As a result, there is a reduced service operating as we are unable to run trains between Haywards Heath and Three Bridges in both directions.

Brighton Mainline services are running between London and Three Bridges where replacement buses are running between Three Bridges and Haywards Heath. At Haywards Heath a reduced train service is operating between Haywards Heath and Brighton and between Haywards Heath and Eastbourne/Hastings

This will extend journey times by at least 2 hours, depending on the queuing times for buses. Therefore, passengers travelling between London and Brighton (in both directions) are advised to travel via Barnham, or on the direct services between London and Brighton. This will extend journey times by up to 2 hours.

If you are travelling between London and Eastbourne/Ore you are advised to travel on Southeastern services between London and Hastings and change there for stations to Eastbourne. Your journey time will be extended by 60 minutes.

Gatwick Express services are calling additionally at East Croydon and Clapham Junction in both directions.

Coastway East services are running as timetabled.

Coastway West services are running as timetable with the exception of:

Brighton to Southampton services are operating hourly (departing Brighton at 33 minutes past the hour).

Brighton to Portsmouth Harbour services have been amended and are operating between Brighton and Fratton, calling at all stations.

On Mainline West services, Littlehampton to Victoria services have been amended and are operating between Brighton and London Victoria, calling at all stations between Brighton and Littlehampton, and then calling at Horsham, Three Bridges, Gatwick Airport, East Croydon, Clapham Junction and London Victoria.

South West Trains, First Capital Connect and Southeastern trains are accepting Southern tickets on all reasonable routes. (Not including Southeastern high-speed services.)

Please allow additional time for you journey today.

We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.

Revised times for trains from London Victoria and London Bridge are on our news page.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here