Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train advice for tonight - NO TRAINS BETWEEN THREE BRIDGES & HAYWARDS HEATH TONIGHT

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have been waiting at Wivelsfield for 40mins now and have seen one train come through. Initially they had estimated times up for the trains but now they've stopped doing even that. Unhelpful bastards.

No trains to Brighton for at least another half an hour, theoretically one Ore & one Eastbourne train are due but they've been saying the Ore train was arriving since 1539 & nothing's happened.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There's a train from Haywards Heath to Lewes at 18:18 tonight, then not another until 19:34 - just called National Rail Enquiries.

Presumably, there will be one from HH to Brighton at some point in between though. Shirley!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One just stopped for all of ten seconds, leaving people on the platform wondering where it was going as there was nothing on the board. Then it sped off.

Then the announcement came out that it was the 1604 for Brighton. They helpfully announced this after it had already left, barely giving anyone a chance to board. Utter, utter GIBBONS, the whole organisation.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is what Southern have on their website:

First Capital Connect is running trains every 20 minutes between Brighton and Haywards Heath.

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London
Reading this makes me realise that there is a absolutely no chances of me making it anywhere near the brighton, even if i leave the City now.

Best to cut my losses and watch it on Sky, if anyone wants to try and collect a paper ticket replacement for my season ticket from the ticket office in the next hour or so PM me. Its yours for nothing.

Yeah, it will be - different route. Can also get to Uckfield via Victoria. Then the 28 or 29 bus (?) will take you to Falmer. Not sure when those buses run tho.
Buses leave Uckfield Bus Station (a short walk from the railway station) for Falmer at 5.06 5.40 6.07 6.33 & 6.52. Journey time is about 45 minutes.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just got on an Eastbourne service. Supposedly fast to Lewes but it appears we are stopping at all the Noddy stations in between.

At least I'm on one...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Buses leave Uckfield Bus Station (a short walk from the railway station) for Falmer at 5.06 5.40 6.07 6.33 & 6.52. Journey time is about 45 minutes.

The best I'm looking at is 6.40 at Wivelsfield Station, so the bus from Uckfield is just not going to be quick enough by teh time I'd get there.

I'm heading for Wivelsfield and taking my chances.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Just got on an Eastbourne service. Supposedly fast to Lewes but it appears we are stopping at all the Noddy stations in between.

At least I'm on one...

I should hope it is stopping everywhere. Just imagine if it was YOU at one of those "Noddy Stations" and you saw a Lewes bound train fly past you without stopping.

:angry:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Ernest:
Would you know if the London Bridge train that leaves at 17:23 and arrives into Lewes at 18:20 is that train still running to plan/time?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can those of you / us travelling, post updates on here from the stations, as you travel?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Cheers for the answers.
I actually made the 17:00 from LDN Bridge. By all accounts this train is an additional train put on by Soutern Trains. It left about three minutes late, apparently its non-stop to Hastings or Hastings, then stops at Eastbourne, Lewes and Brighton.
Good luck to the rest of you travelling tonight.

Leedsyorkshire

Sep 23, 2011
Hi guys,

Leeds fan here, been keeping an eye on your updates today cheers

I'm currently on the 16:17 from Victoria expected to take 2.5hrs into Brighton after 18 stops with the option of getting off at three bridges and bus to Hayward but only expected to save 10mins so staying on.

We've just passed three bridges and could see sizeable queues outside waiting to get on coaches, not sure which direction they'll have been going on.

Anybody with any help getting back into London after the match would be greatly appreciated, our hotel is near London bridge station.

Good luck getting there. Our team better put in a perforce after this going on!!

Cheers

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hi guys,

Leeds fan here, been keeping an eye on your updates today cheers

I'm currently on the 16:17 from Victoria expected to take 2.5hrs into Brighton after 18 stops with the option of getting off at three bridges and bus to Hayward but only expected to save 10mins so staying on.

We've just passed three bridges and could see sizeable queues outside waiting to get on coaches, not sure which direction they'll have been going on.

Anybody with any help getting back into London after the match would be greatly appreciated, our hotel is near London bridge station.

Good luck getting there. Our team better put in a perforce after this going on!!

Cheers

Last train from Brighton is 2307. It will mean palaver at Haywards Heath / Three Bridges, but your onwards journey from Three Bridges will take you to London Bridge.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Waited at Wivelsfield less than 10 mins having missed a train by seconds! Excellent. On my way to Lewes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here