Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train advice for tonight - NO TRAINS BETWEEN THREE BRIDGES & HAYWARDS HEATH TONIGHT

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
As I said on another thread I'm driving down from Horsham and can take 3 at a push ... planning on leaving at around 5.45 .. will drop back to Three Bridges if line still closed. PM me if interested

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
As I said on another thread I'm driving down from Horsham and can take 3 at a push ... planning on leaving at around 5.45 .. will drop back to Three Bridges if line still closed. PM me if interested

Same here. Can pick up from Crawley/Three bridges

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
If travelling from Victoria I'd advise the last service to catch which will get you to the game in time would be the 1602 to Barnham arrive 1727 and change there for a Brighton service. Anything later than that and you will be pushing it

Note - this gives only 6 minutes at Barnham for the 17:33 to Brighton. Any delays, and then after that there is another half an hour wait until the next connection.

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London
Thanks. Might just head down even earlier and risk the buses between 3B & HH

I'm considering this with 70 buses running a shuttle it might be ok?,

Besides how much would a cab between TB & HH be? I'm guessing there would be plenty of people in the same boat so hopping in a cab with a few others seems like a possible fall back providing we could find one? Im guessing every cabbie in the north sussex area will be disptaching here double quick for guaranteed fares, so hopefully by 5pm enough of them will have been mobilised

Or am i being naive to think this might be a viable alternative to a trip via barnham or Eastbourne?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm considering this with 70 buses running a shuttle it might be ok?,

Besides how much would a cab between TB & HH be? I'm guessing there would be plenty of people in the same boat so hopping in a cab with a few others seems like a possible fall back providing we could find one? Im guessing every cabbie in the north sussex area will be disptaching here double quick for guaranteed fares, so hopefully by 5pm enough of them will have been mobilised

Or am i being naive to think this might be a viable alternative to a trip via barnham or Eastbourne?

See my warning, these buses are expected to be very heavily in demand

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Leeds seem unaware at the moment, nothing on their official website.

And Seagulls website news doesn't seem to convey the level of disruption to be expected.

The last time the Brighton line was closed from London - landslip August 1st - my sister-in-law took from 6:30pm until near mid-night to get from Victoria to Brighton.

Rail-staff were in complete chaos - she went through Clapham Junction three times, following their advice! Every train packed like sardine tins ...

Don't expect today to be better!

Anyone here in contact with Leed's forum(s)? Do them a favour, link them in to NSC local knowledge.

Expect this to disrupt road journeys, not just rail, going by reports from last time.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here