Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Tough man" - you are a WANKER!

cdavis, wrong way round. Knight listened patiently to both those "fans" and then when trying to answer, was constantly interrupted and heckled. Outrageous way to treat someone who has done so much for the club.

But cdavis, I respect your view and you have a right to it particularly as you are putting your hand in your pocket for the club :clap: :clap: :clap: Dick rightly thanked Simon for doing the same, which showed great composure and class from the chairman I thought.

cdavis

May 14, 2004
Final point.......much better if DK would come on here for a designated hour.....quetions could be asked uninterupted and answers would be given in the same manner....everybody happy.....!!!!!!!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
cdavis said:
Dk may well have answered the questions befire, but as with all phone-ins etc etc..its so the rest of us can hear the answers clearly.....sorry, but for me DK was every bit as aggressive as the callers...A man with his background should realise that you just sit back and let ill-informed callers make a prat of themselves on their own.

Yes but don't you think that DK may just be getting a teeny bit pissed off and frustrated that he has had to spend years of his time, energy and money to still find himself treading water over the ground issues ( which translate to player and finance issues).

People like those quoted above are complete idiots, and it isn't surprising that every now and again Dk has a little flare up of emotions..... it's human nature.

Keep going Dick.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
You lot on here make me laugh.

Just because somebody dares to ring the phone in and have a different opinion to some of you,you do nothing but slag them off.

The 2nd caller ( Simon I think) had a vaild point about a share issue. More money would be raised this way than by having the opportunity to have your name on a seat in a non existent ground that may never exist.

All DK kept saying was "it'll cost £300k to set up",well Mr Knight you would get that back with interest if you did it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
gerbil said:

All DK kept saying was "it'll cost £300k to set up",well Mr Knight you would get that back with interest if you did it.

DK is right, who exactly would buy shares? The underwriting costs are enormous, and most of the money raised would go to bankers, lawyers, accountants and other spivs. If you look at the value on the stock market of clubs who have floated, such as Millwall and Hearts (equivalent to the Albion realistically) you will see that the shares are worthless and the clubs are worth buttons, which makes them ripe for plundering by unscrupulous investors. (Just ask Hearts fans)

A share issue is all about timing. You need big investors buying into the club to make it worthwhile, that will happen when we get Falmer and we can get our few shares then.

At the Fans Forum Dick knight said the club would convert the donations already made into equity when the time was right.

There is no need for people to be still bitching about this unless it's just another convenient stick to beat the club with.

Oct 19, 2004
Hastings
gerbil said:

Just because somebody dares to ring the phone in and have a different opinion to some of you,you do nothing but slag them off.

The 2nd caller ( Simon I think) had a vaild point about a share issue. More money would be raised this way than by having the opportunity to have your name on a seat in a non existent ground that may never exist.

Financial expert, are we?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
gerbil said:

I can understand why Knight gets impatient when people keep coming up with this kind of thing. The share issue is raised once again, Knight gives a perfectly reaonable answer, and then he's still interrogated as though he has something to hide, or is in some way screwing everyone over. If a share issue would be a viable way of raising cash, then don't you think Knight and Perry would have done it already ? And as they havn't, are you saying there is some kind of alterior motive ? Has Knight not earnt our trust by now ?

"Simon" all but accused Knight of pocketing the cash from the Alive and Kicking campaign...what was the phrase...? "You are asking the fans to put £100 in your hand..." and when Dick then said "this money is not for ME its for the club, where exactly do you THINK this cash is going ?", Simon backtracked, crawled under his stone, and diverted his accusing questions elsewhere.

Tedious.

Last edited:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I think that half the problem with the phone in is that they are willing to put people on calling themselves 'Toughman'. Making up amusing monikers is well and good for the smaller communities of internet messageboards (I Love doing it!), but on a radio phone in? Would you go on Questiontime calling yourself 'Toughman'?

Besides, what kind of grade 'A' numpty calls themselves 'Toughman' anyway. Prick.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the phone in deteriorated into total farce. DK comes on after a lot of persuading that it would be a worthwhile exercise and the first caller after we have beaten Leeds United 1-0 to go midtable in the championship says , Knight, was is it Leeds who are 30 000 000 pounds in debt can afford to spend 217 000 on players and we have no money for players, if you cannot put any money in get lost and put someone else in.

The second caller then more or less says, you want fans yet again to give YOU 100 pounds as if it was for Dick's holiday fund.

No disrepect Harty but I would have taken my earpiece out, said the whole thing was a complete joke and waste of time and buggered off to the bar.

The didn't seem to be many callers and its a shame you could not have got some people on with a braincell or two.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
London Irish said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I'm going to write to Dick Knight and tell him he shouldn't do phone-ins like that again. It's an excuse for cowards and half-wits to have cheap shots behind anoymous names.

These people should go along to fans forums and if they have the guts to repeat that shit while among their fellow supporters, I will have some respect for them. But they will soon be told what WE THINK OF THEM even before they've got their shit out of their mouths.

Well Said London Irish. I'll go further. There is no point to Harty's phone ins. They discredit the true Albion Fan. Moaners, Oddballs or ignoramuses the lot of them. Give it up Harty!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Gaffer said:
Well Said London Irish. I'll go further. There is no point to Harty's phone ins. They discredit the true Albion Fan. Moaners, Oddballs or ignoramuses the lot of them. Give it up Harty!

Sorry fellow Seafordian,but surely you would rather listen to the updated scores,interviews and fellow fans views,than have the usual S.C.R. rubbish, like Joanne Goode.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Easy 10 said:
If a share issue would be a viable way of raising cash, then don't you think Knight and Perry would have done it already ? And as they havn't, are you saying there is some kind of alterior motive ? Has Knight not earnt our trust by now ?

I never said anything about an ulterior motive.

All i'm saying is that I will not be putting my hand in my pocket when I just get letters asking me to put my name on a seat but I would,like several people I know would happily give my money if I was able to have a stake in OUR club.

DK saved this club from extinction but I think that now he's run out money to sustain it.

I'll wait for all the slagging off from certain members of the NSC club for daring to speak my mind.

What was once essential listening has turned into little more than an amateurish farce. Time for SCR to have a revamp on the sports hour between five and six. If that means incorperating Levo's non league slot to pad the show out then so be it. Ian Hart at times seems to encourage halfwits with pointless calls. Embarrasing!.......

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A non-voting share issue (like Norwich's) is not much different from just giving the money to the Albion.

Would a share issue be any different? A share issue with votes and a fans representative on the board, representing a block vote would not have any power, but would be better. At least that way we would have a way to talk to the Albion through the fans representative. We could then ask for a "singing section" at the new stadium and get a vote on a Board meeting.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dick suggested a Supporters' Trust-but it would have to be formed by supporters, independent of the club.

If that were to happen we could all contribute as much as we want/can afford. The club gets more money to operate with-we get a small piece of the Albion in return.

There are plenty of models out there for it to work. Maybe NSC should start the ball rolling? We've done many things to help the club, why not something really important that generates cash for the club?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think you will find the Supporters Trust idea is already in motion.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
They really should screen calls a bit better on the phone in... I like the odd funny person on there but giving prats a platform to hurl s h i t e at the man who saved our club is a disgrace.
:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here