Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I beg to differ. Fans of the likes of Norwich won't be any different to ours overall. In fact a quick look at the boards of other teams sometimes and you see the same comments as you would on here before and after games, positive and negative. Football fans are football fans whoever people support

Whilst I don’t disagree that all fans are typically negative, the key difference is fans of clubs who’ve spent many years in the top flight know they can pull off a result because historically they have. We haven’t, and until we do...so it’s a bit catch 22!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shocking line-up for the Amazon Prime studio analysis IMHO: Rosenthal, Jenas, Dancing Alan and the now-obligatory token woman. Most boxes ticked then :thumbsup:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Amazon so happy with that win.

We played well again.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Thought the Greyhound played well.(awaits flaming)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We played well again.

And yet we have one win in the last eight matches. Sadly that is relegation form. While we are competitive, we’ve not been clinical and it’s going to lead to an uncomfortable second half of the season.

I’m fully behind Potter, who has only had half a season of a project that could well take years. I don’t expect Mr Bloom to take fright in the way Palace did following De Boer’s appointment. Deep breaths. Hopefully this will all be worth the wait.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
*sucks air through teeth*

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And yet we have one win in the last eight matches. Sadly that is relegation form. While we are competitive, we’ve not been clinical and it’s going to lead to an uncomfortable second half of the season.

I’m fully behind Potter, who has only had half a season of a project that could well take years. I don’t expect Mr Bloom to take fright in the way Palace did following De Boer’s appointment. Deep breaths. Hopefully this will all be worth the wait.
It's the net result of only having 2 strikers.

It's a massive feather in GPotts cap that he can still get this squad close and has taken 6 from 9 points, from North London.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Uncomfortable? If we match the first half of the season we'll be fine on 40 points.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I agree. Also, it's 1 win in 8 but all tough games. Leicester, wolves, sheff utd, at home, all doing excellently this year and good away form. spirs, arsenal, liverpool and United away, plus our biggest rivals. That's a bloody tough run of games , so just saying 1 win in 8 doesn't tell the full story. Especially with lots of great performances in there.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

W4 D2 L6 in 12 which isn’t

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That was frustrating. The ball was too slow, too often. There was loads of space on the wings and they were vulnerable from set pieces but we moved to ball too slowly. We had more shots but they created better chances and finished them clinically. We have to get better at creating chances.

I said after Sheff Utd we need a proper wingback, a midfielder with pace and a striker. I still think we do.

Mooy MOM by a distance again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that we played well first half but Spurs upped their game for the 2nd and deservedly got the win unfortunately for us. Mooy had another good game and I also thought Bernardo played well Webster took his goal well but I am still worried about his defending and nearly have a heart attack every time he has to do it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree. Also, it's 1 win in 8 but all tough games. Leicester, wolves, sheff utd, at home, all doing excellently this year and good away form. spirs, arsenal, liverpool and United away, plus our biggest rivals. That's a bloody tough run of games , so just saying 1 win in 8 doesn't tell the full story. Especially with lots of great performances in there.

Ay - Come back in 9 games time, after:-

Bournemouth x 2
Chelsea
Villa
Sheffield Utd
palace
Everton
Watford
West Ham

If we're 1 win in 17, this place is gonna be messy.

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Uncomfortable? If we match the first half of the season we'll be fine on 40 points.
To be fair I think this season 38-40 points will be needed to stay up. While Norwich and Watford have a lot of ground to make up there's no stand out other side for relegation. Teams who we thought would struggle like Newcastle and Burnley continue to grind out wins.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh well. In the end, the monied team gained a momentous home win. The reaction of arrogant Mourinho, their fans and Wnkr Sissoko was that of finally winning a trophy. Weird, a small club mentality.

The silver living, I won my routine £50 insurance bet against the Albion.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can’t carry on being good and getting no points - we need results no matter whether we are good or bad on the day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here