Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I’m not negative. Just don’t like bias, Hoddle then weird haircut man in the studio. Let’s have some non bias opinions.

We were the better team. Undone by lucky bounces.

I’ve been watching us for forty years and those bounces have always been our undoing!!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
So let me get this straight:-

- Hardly anybody predicted an Albion win.
- Team announced and everyone predicted defeat.
- Again the Albion play well in defeat.

Yet posters are now upset about losing and hunting around for their scapegoat.

This. I can't believe some of the posts on here. Yes, we faded second half, but I'm proud of the lads today.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Sheffield Utd are 6th and haven't lost away for ages, we rarely beat Burnley. Southampton & Villa - granted, but that's football, and we beat Everton when we perhaps 'shouldn't' have done. I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that we're bottom three material. And it simply isn't the 'same old story' really.

Why are we not allowed to beat Spurs? Why do some of fans seem to think that beating a top 6 side is not possible. We should have at least got a point today. You carry on making excuses for lost points!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Argh!

I don't know what to make of that. Good effort, we played quite well but...

what a stupidly soft first goal to give away.

Our decision making and execution, at times, leave a lot to be desired.

Spurs, despite not being great, were just that little bit better - stronger, quicker of foot and thought.

Great winner but I can't help feel we deserved something out of that and yet again haven't got it. We really need to smash the living shit out of Bournemouth on Saturday.

In two words: very frustrating!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Will people be happy with a draw against BMuff ? We need to start winning games

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Why are we not allowed to beat Spurs? Why do some of fans seem to think that beating a top 6 side is not possible. We should have at least got a point today. You carry on making excuses for lost points!

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that when put in perspective we're doing okay really. Yes, we'd all love to do better - but we're really not looking like relegation material, and 20 points after arguably the hardest half of the season reflect that.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Deserved a point stuart Pearce said just lacking in final third and we cost ourselves purely by playing out from the back

Sometimes we really need to be a bit more clever. Lucky bounce yes, but bloody stupid to try that little pass there on the edge of the box. Really frustrating a lot of the goals we've given away this season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So disappointing that we struggle to hang onto leads.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Don't get it..whats all the negativity with that performance? Is it because peeps are pissed or on drugs and expecting a win to make their Christmas happy? Is it cos they were expecting 60% possession and a win or 12 corners to bring in their bets?

We played well. In the Premier League against a so called top club and manager. Away.

Cocks

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Because we have a small club mentality amongst fans. You won’t see fans of SheffnUtd, Norwich etc going to Spurs etc with the write-off mentality engrained in ours. And yes, you’re also right to point out we don’t need to get ‘greedy’ we should be thinking ‘at least a point’ capability. But no, so many of our fans think it’s par for the course losing to big names before whistle goes. What they don’t understand is that’s half the table and we ain’t beating the other either

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Are people REALLY complaining about that performance? Just remember how we played when we lost 1-0 last season. MASSIVELY Team Potter still for me

Just sitting on the coach.
We were great today, even Schelotto [emoji6], and Webster after recent games.

Really great effort today as it was last season, two different performances, but both very good.

Alzate and Mooy were outstanding....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Virgin Media seem to struggle when Amazon show matches. My Internet has slowed down both times they've showed matches. Now game is over, Internet speed has gone back to normal!

I suggest you change the password on your router.If you still have the original,then half the neighbourhood will be watching.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Lets be honest, the dive for the free kick and the millimetre offside goal. Spurs probably just about deserved to win.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Because we have a small club mentality amongst fans. You won’t see fans of SheffnUtd, Norwich etc going to Spurs etc with the write-off mentality engrained in ours. And yes, you’re also right to point out we don’t need to get ‘greedy’ we should be thinking ‘at least a point’ capability. But no, so many of our fans think it’s par for the course losing to big names before whistle goes. What they don’t understand is that’s half the table and we ain’t beating the other either

I beg to differ. Fans of the likes of Norwich won't be any different to ours overall. In fact a quick look at the boards of other teams sometimes and you see the same comments as you would on here before and after games, positive and negative. Football fans are football fans whoever people support

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great to see us competing so well - thought we deserved a point. Winks should have been off for that foul second yellow and Alli for that assault could have gone.

Also, little gripe about homer refs but 40seconds to take a goal kick and then add 4 seconds on. Joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here