Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Oh well. Always going to be extremely unlikely to get anything from these kinds of games.

Players like Kane, Moura, Alli are the difference, amongst others. We just don't have that kind of quality yet.

Lots of positives though. Bernardo, Schelotto, Alzate and obviously Mooy all had good games.

I disagree but given we’re not getting anything from ‘the others’ either, basically you’re saying we’re relegation favourites?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Right result in the end. We played our part but ultimately quality won the day. We had opportunities in their box but couldn’t find the necessary quality to score a second. Connolly missed header was a turning point. Arguably should have been 2 up and cruising. Stephens poor second half imo.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I1. Harry Kane is a shocking cheat these days.
2. Use of VAR is bizarre. How Dele Alli escaped any punishment for that assault on Webster is a mystery.
3. Mourinho papering over the cracks, Spurs are woeful.
4. Kane getting MOTM? Moura shurely.

All in all, a good effort from the good guys.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Familiar story, unable to make the most of good approach play, let down in the final third yet again.

As the midfield couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo then getting the ball in the box is a must when were in the Final third

Apart from the greyhound, no one would cross it in . Think they want to try and walk it In some times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ali should have had at least a yellow and Winks should have gone. No surprise that Mike Dean is the var ref.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

VAR doesn’t give yellow cards.
Good effort though [emoji41]

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
So let me get this straight:-

- Hardly anybody predicted an Albion win.
- Team announced and everyone predicted defeat.
- Again the Albion play well in defeat.

Yet posters are now upset about losing and hurting around for their scapegoat.

People are frustrated that we can't turn the football into points , nothing wrong with that. Same result as last year except we look 200% better and were in the game to win this time.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Argh!

I don't know what to make of that. Good effort, we played quite well but...

what a stupidly soft first goal to give away.

Our decision making and execution, at times, leave a lot to be desired.

Spurs, despite not being great, were just that little bit better - stronger, quicker of foot and thought.

Great winner but I can't help feel we deserved something out of that and yet again haven't got it. We really need to smash the living shit out of Bournemouth on Saturday.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Given how unbelievably bad we were against Sheff Utd, I thought we put in a decent shift. Some of the first team rested for Saturday. Onwards and upwards.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Errm but you are always negative so I suggest maybe it’s the sounds in your brain :smile:

I’m not negative. Just don’t like bias, Hoddle then weird haircut man in the studio. Let’s have some non bias opinions.

We were the better team. Undone by lucky bounces.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I wasn't saying had to give a yellow, the ref should have given that but var could easily have given a red. If you watch Ali at no point was he looking at the ball.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Not looked through the thread but why on earth has Ryan not attempted to even stop that from Alli? If he’d have even attempted to put his arm up then it wouldn’t have gone in. Very poor from him.

Nothing new there, sometimes I wonder if he can lift his arms above his shoulders.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Virgin Media seem to struggle when Amazon show matches. My Internet has slowed down both times they've showed matches. Now game is over, Internet speed has gone back to normal!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It’s not about today, it’s losing points to Sheffield Utd, Burnley, Southampton, Villa.........just the same old story. You’ll be happy that we played well again but once again get no points. Happy Boxing Day!

Sheffield Utd are 6th and haven't lost away for ages, we rarely beat Burnley. Southampton & Villa - granted, but that's football, and we beat Everton when we perhaps 'shouldn't' have done. I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that we're bottom three material. And it simply isn't the 'same old story' really.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I was there last season and watch today on TV. The result was the same but the game could not have been so much different. In fact I watch the whole game today, when last season I was watching behind my hands just waiting for the inevitable to happen. We have improved so much since then and while disappointed with the result, I enjoyed the match.Good performance, keep believing.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Thought Spurs were crap, yet they still won.

That's what happens when you have the attacking options they have compared to us. Can produce moments of magic.

Bournemouth game huge, now. Don't win that and I will start to worry a bit. Never feel confident against Smug Eddie and his boys though

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I1. Harry Kane is a shocking cheat these days.
2. Use of VAR is bizarre. How Dele Alli escaped any punishment for that assault on Webster is a mystery.
3. Mourinho papering over the cracks, Spurs are woeful.
4. Kane getting MOTM? Moura shurely.

All in all, a good effort from the good guys.

Agree re. Point 1. 100% he is a woeful cheat, worse than Deli Alli, and that's saying something! Dispossessing Gross, by shirt pulling then getting Gross booked as he comes back at him. He did the same with Dunk earlier in the season.

I think Winks got away with 2nd because 1st wasn't 't.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Were some of you guys watching the same game? We have played really well against a team who were the second best in Europe last season. Yes we need to get something from matches like this when we have played so well but this is sooooo much better than last season

Keep the faith

Subjectively that could be described as naive. But it is factually incorrect.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
People are frustrated that we can't turn the football into points , nothing wrong with that. Same result as last year except we look 200% better and were in the game to win this time.

For me it's entirely understandable after performances such as last Saturday's.
You won't find me bemoaning 'our' mentality on the back of that shiteshow.

But this is different, for all the reasons I gave.
'We' can't go into a game expecting nothing.
Actually get a lot of positives (which don't make points)
Then be really arsey about getting nothing.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’m not negative. Just don’t like bias, Hoddle then weird haircut man in the studio. Let’s have some non bias opinions.

We were the better team. Undone by lucky bounces.

We really weren't the better team second half. First half yeah but not second

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here