Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tossers who left before half time!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
roz said:
Well everyone is ENTITLED to leave, Richie. Since the club has yet to introduce a lock-in. And I agree, the people who leave every game really annoy me.

But surely, if people are "prepared to follow the club all over the country" they could manage to demonstrate their support for a little longer than 15 minutes?

Leaving after 15 minutes is f***ing stupid.

I was talking about the ones who left in the second half like Turkey.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Gritt23 said:
I just don't understand why people leave early - except for the old boy someone has mentioned.

There have been plenty of games that are dead and buried as far as I can see, only for something to turn it around. Or even if it doesn't there are things happening all of the time that interest me, or cause debate afterwards.

Biscuit, what's your view on the penalty claim when Hart was floored? Or the performance of the lino, or MM's reaction to it? How about Hammond and McPhee when they came on, should they be starting the next games?

I'm not picking on you Biscuit, far from it, but in hindsight do you feel you have missed out leaving early? I know I would. I have a bit of a treck home myself but leaving early doesn't make it shorter, and the 30 mins I spend somewhere else isn't going to be more interesting than watching the Albion.

The names Turkey :jester: Leaving early made my journey quite a bit shorter and I'm up early tomorrow but yeah I should have stayed. 99.9% of the time I would. I wasn't the only one though - far from it - I doubt many others will be brave enough to admit it though. I don't need to prove my commitment to anyone though. I follow the Albion everywhere. Just a slight blip tonight.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
People leaving after 15 mins?
Surely the question should be why did our defence didn't show until 15 mins.

Sorry Tank - but you know it's true, and it wasn't just you!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Its the tossers who leave EVERY game early that annoy me.

I don't see that it's anybody else's business other than their own. Funny old way to support your team, for sure, but the club's got their £22, or at least SOMEBODY's £22, and if they're daft enough to donate £22 to the Albion and then not stick around to see what happens then so be it. Besides, there's all manner of clowns who miss half the game by strolling in with chips half-way through the second half, going to the bogs after twenty minutes etc. etc. Like the bloke said, 'hell is other people'.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
None of my business no but highly annoying when they walk infront of me when I am trying to watch what is going on.

It also tends to be the same people who ruin my game by moaning the whole way through.

Cannot be great for the players either seeing them flock out.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gritt23 said:
People leaving after 15 mins?
Surely the question should be why did our defence didn't show until 15 mins.

Sorry Tank - but you know it's true, and it wasn't just you!
closer to 35 minutes more like it :down:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
For goodness sake, Richie! Make a point and stick to it!!

One minute you're saying it's people who leave every week that you are pissed off with, now it's people who leave 55 minutes into the game. In a page or two you'll be making a perfectly reasoned argument for a mass-walk out shortly after the mascots get their picture taken....

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
roz said:
For goodness sake, Richie! Make a point and stick to it!!

One minute you're saying it's people who leave every week that you are pissed off with, now it's people who leave 55 minutes into the game. In a page or two you'll be making a perfectly reasoned argument for a mass-walk out shortly after the mascots get their picture taken....

Roz? Can you forgive me? :( It was actually probably closer to 60 minutes. :jester:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think if you read what I wrote its quite obvious what I am saying.

I can understand the people who left in the second half tonight, like Turkey, who would not normally leave early but chose to tonight.

What annoys me is the people who leave early week in week out and anyone who left after 15 minutes tonight is clearly an idiot.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Paul Jewell paid tribute to the team and our supporters because we kept going
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/4343125.stm

We even managed a bit of graveyard humour in H block.
Can we play you every week
:jester:

If people have to travel then I can understand them going early but I cannot leave early however much I want to.

Anything can, and sometimes just does happen.

E

enigma

:salute: to the fairweathers that leave really early and I dont understand when people leave games even 5 minutes before the end, you never know what you might miss and if you've paid for the whole match you might as well watch it.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
ShorehamGull said:
I paid to stay for the whole 90 mins so I will stay in my seat for the whole 90 minutes. However badly the team were playing and how goals down we were I would never consider leaving early.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Here! here!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think there always have been people leave before the end of games and there always will, its just more obvious at Withdean, and more temptation to do so.

At the Goldstone, if a load of people left before the end it would not be so noticable due to the fact that 1. There were more people there and 2. Most people were standing.

Personally at the Goldstone I parked in roughly the same place every home match and knew that after clapping the players off the pitch I could get back to the car and on a good day almost be going under the viaduct at the end of Old Shoreham Road by 5.

At Withdean you know you have to wait for the bus and then wait to get out the park and ride so there is the temptation to leave early to beat the rush. Interestingly because of the road improvements I can now get home earlier than I did from the Goldstone.

Its also very easy to see people leaving Withdean.

However much ranting, raving and name calling the same people are always going to leave early.

And no, I have never left a match early

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
No matter how selfish or annoying it is, people have paid for the right to come and go as they please, its only your personal opinions that they should stay....and it doesn't make them any more or less of a fan than any one else...

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
The only game I have ever left early was the 4-0 defeat at Brentford last year but taht was only when they scored the 4th goal with about 5 mins to go. I usually leave my seat during injury time and watch the rest from the running track. If I had left early last night it would have been to get away from the moaning twat behind me rather than performance on the field. From the first game of the season he has shouted his criticism in my ear but last night was the worst yet. FFS support the team or :shutup: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here