Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Couple more polls out - one giving Labour a 9pt lead, and a new YouGov poll showing an 11pt lead. Labour at or above 40% in both.

Not sure the Tory party can afford to wait until after the May local elections at this rate. Those elections are going to be bad either way, it's a matter of how bad are they willing to accept? It's a fair assumption to make that an absolute mauling will be damaging in its own right, so if the polling numbers continue to slide they may be forced to move quickly.

Call a GE or stay in post

Fed up with Tories chopping and changing mid-term every time they have a meltdown.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Times reporting the investigation will conclude nothing illegal was done.

Would imagine they'll be doing cartwheels at Labour HQ at that news. Him clinging on and dragging the Government down the shitter with him is the best news they could ask for right now. I get the feeling the public isn't really in the mood to "forgive and forget" on this stuff.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Couple more polls out - one giving Labour a 9pt lead, and a new YouGov poll showing an 11pt lead. Labour at or above 40% in both.

Not sure the Tory party can afford to wait until after the May local elections at this rate. Those elections are going to be bad either way, it's a matter of how bad are they willing to accept? It's a fair assumption to make that an absolute mauling will be damaging in its own right, so if the polling numbers continue to slide they may be forced to move quickly.

Well Tory MPs are in post and can't go whatever the local election results are.

I suspect they won't mind pushing local councillors under the Bus in May and hope that things improve thereafter?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Call a GE or stay in post

Fed up with Tories chopping and changing mid-term every time they have a meltdown.

It was pointed out the other day that, since the 19th centutry, there had only been three Tory PMs who had not resigned while in office: Douglas-Home, Heath and Major. That's astonishing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It was pointed out the other day that, since the 19th centutry, there had only been three Tory PMs who had not resigned while in office: Douglas-Home, Heath and Major. That's astonishing.

Its the secret of their success

Change leader.....nothing to do with me gov. So much of our system needs to be started from scratch

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Would imagine they'll be doing cartwheels at Labour HQ at that news. Him clinging on and dragging the Government down the shitter with him is the best news they could ask for right now. I get the feeling the public isn't really in the mood to "forgive and forget" on this stuff.

I think a decent number of the public will be happy as well, won’t be able to bring in restrictions whilst he is there.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Downing Street apologises to Queen over lockdown parties....

What about one for lying to her while you're at it?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

I reckon there are a significant number of Tory backbenchers waiting on the outcome and if it exonerates Johnson (did anyone believe it wouldn't ?) then letters will be going in to the 1922 committee; They know he's become a liability to them and will want him out but would prefer him to jump rather than be pushed.
Either way he's a dead man walking.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I reckon there are a significant number of Tory backbenchers waiting on the outcome and if it exonerates Johnson (did anyone believe it wouldn't ?) then letters will be going in to the 1922 committee; They know he's become a liability to them and will want him out but would prefer him to jump rather than be pushed.
Either way he's a dead man walking.

You'd like to think so, but he's the oiliest post tortoise in the land attached with weapons grade no nails . . . it's almost a given he'll lay low until the dust settles, publish some subterfuge and come up smiling whilst a crony is spraying rose water over the steaming pile of shit he's left behind him. I've already seen/heard posts from peopl I know saying its getting boring now, lets move on . . . people like being told what to do by liars cheats and crooks. ****nuckled sheep!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
5E35E5E5-F7FA-456B-AE35-D40218DFE1BC.jpeg

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Liz Truss has come forward today for formal media interviews in a black business suit with the obligatory Union flag draped in the background.

This confirms to me that the Tory establishment has decided that the time is finally up for Boris.

He's toast and the next PM has now got to put up with the awful decor choice in the PM's flat!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1481969451725643776[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Remember this?

FJEOp-fXwAEt5kB.png

Turns out the warning signs were there all along.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Which isn't in itself surprising and they are getting external advice from a QC.

Getting pissed up in work garden doesn't appear to have covered by law and probably the law makes Government building exempt anyway.

The problem is obviously the lies both the general public, but parliament.

The lunatic fringe are getting tired of him anyway. Far too free spending and liberal for them...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Liz Truss has come forward today for formal media interviews in a black business suit with the obligatory Union flag draped in the background.

This confirms to me that the Tory establishment has decided that the time is finally up for Boris.

He's toast and the next PM has now got to put up with the awful decor choice in the PM's flat!

Or she's a member of the HF on her way down to the Amex tonight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here