Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
However it ends for the nation (probably just m'eh).....he's ****ed up his own legacy, which is pretty funny. I'll be interested to find out whether this is more or less important to him than his venality and his cock. I suspect the answer is less, but we shall probably never know :shrug:

If he leaves office with a Ronaldo wink, though, that will provide the answer.

As for his supporters, shame on you. You are a disgrace.

Will be very interesting if they lose Wandsworth in May. It defies the "laws of physics" in that they have the second lowest Council Tax in the country, the libraries are very much open, the streets are clean, the bins get emptied and the trains run on time.

I lied about the last bit.

The local residents vote in a Labour MP, but still return this low cost efficient council even if they deny it at the local organic farmers market.

It's a badge of honour for the Conservative Party. If the message is, "**** the council tax and the bins, we've gotta get this lot out at the election" - they are in trouble.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Surely if the report basically say “possibly some bad judgement but we must move on” the public won’t accept that. I simply can’t see the public letting that go. If anything it could make it worse for the tories. Any mp rolled out to say “it has been investigated and it’s fine” will have that thrown at them in a general election. So boris might survive for now but the longer term damage could see the party absolutely hammered. In the long term for the tories it might be better if it make boris have to step down then a replacement has about 2.5 years before facing general election.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Surely if the report basically say “possibly some bad judgement but we must move on” the public won’t accept that. I simply can’t see the public letting that go. If anything it could make it worse for the tories. Any mp rolled out to say “it has been investigated and it’s fine” will have that thrown at them in a general election. So boris might survive for now but the longer term damage could see the party absolutely hammered. In the long term for the tories it might be better if it make boris have to step down then a replacement has about 2.5 years before facing general election.

Agreed. It’s all down to the party now. Johnson doesn’t acknowledge public opinion and he won’t let decency dictate his decisions. We shall see…

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well, that’s just ever so ****ing convenient now, isn’t it.

Jesus wept. There is literally nobody in authority willing to hold this nest of ***** to account.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...wont-investigate-alleged-no-10-lockdown-party

“Met police won’t investigate alleged No 10 lockdown party
Force says it does not look into flouting of Covid restrictions ‘long after they have taken place”

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have just listened to the Telegraphs political editor on 5 live. These 2 party’s have already been brought to the attention of Sue Gray, both were leaving do’s attended by about 30 people each . 1 was in the basement, where there were drinks and food, music and a small amount of dancing. The other, again about 30 in attendance, took place at the start inside, and graduated to the garden. No dancing at this one. Both went on to the early hours .

Johnson and his wife did not attend either, as they weren’t in Downing Street that night.
When ask if he thought there would be more party’s , other than the 13 we already know about, revealed he said, there is bound to be.

He didn’t think Johnson would resign.
He will wriggle out of this most recent scandal yet again , if he was not actually there he can say how " angry and upset " he is to find out this had happened.... Remember he has just about managed to lie his way from " No parties took place " to " After 25 minutes of chatting and talking I realised I was at a party..." and hang on to his job.

Is the latest revelation really that much worse than the recent litany of lies and deflections?

Ad I said in another post, we need someone who was at one of the parties to hold their hands up, spill the beans and have documentary evidence such as a Selfie with Johnson and Princess Nut Nut maskless and with drinks in hand.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
BBC News - Jacob Rees-Mogg: Covid inquiry must look at whether rules were too tough
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59981890

Government inquiry must consider whether rules set by the government were too tough for government employees to follow.

You couldn't make it up.

Maybe Jacob would like to refund everyone that was fined for breaking lockdown rules

He's such a tw*t..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1481756580290965509[/tweet]

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just for the records, I won’t be voting for a government headed by Johnson at the next election.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He will wriggle out of this most recent scandal yet again , if he was not actually there he can say how " angry and upset " he is to find out this had happened.... Remember he has just about managed to lie his way from " No parties took place " to " After 25 minutes of chatting and talking I realised I was at a party..." and hang on to his job.

Is the latest revelation really that much worse than the recent litany of lies and deflections?

Ad I said in another post, we need someone who was at one of the parties to hold their hands up, spill the beans and have documentary evidence such as a Selfie with Johnson and Princess Nut Nut maskless and with drinks in hand.

Yep.

How can he go for this when he hasn't gone for anything else?

I guess our only hope is the fact that all his colleagues are almost as self-serving

Our only problem is that history (the party) never look favourably at the first one over the ramparts.

On his show John Oliver would occasionally hit a big button in the wake of the latest Trump scandal.
Balloons, ticker tape, dancing girls, marching band through the studio.
A massive 'We've Got Him' banner would unfurl.

Then then obvious anticlimax as 'news breaks' that everything will carry on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do feel a little sorry for any poor sap who gets wheeled out and attempts to defend the indefensible - they must get a massive amount of Brownie points from Tory HQ.

As said that spineless toadie gets considerably more kudos than the MP who finally says:-

'**** this shit, you're a wrong'un, I vote to sack him'.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I see them toughing this out.

The clues are in yesterday's other news items.

1) An unnamed member of Boris' family has Covid, so he needs to isolate. Translated, that means, get him out of the public eye for a few days.
2) 'We should wait for the Sue Gray enquiry'. Translated, that means 'we've got a few days for it to blow over, and we can massage the outcome'.
3) Ian Duncan Smith makes an announcement in the Commons about the risk of Chinese interference. Translated, that means 'find a news item to distract the media; something to unite the nation against a common enemy would fit the bill nicely'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here