Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Drip, drip, drip, probably plenty more to come.
Sue Gray answers to the head of the civil service who in turn answers to the PM.
Given Johnsons record and his desperation to cling on to power and as much as we are told that Gray is a tough cookie, I find it implausible that pressure will not be put on both of them to get Johnson off the hook.
And we have the ridiculously late Covid investigation to come yet another kick it into the long grass exercise in the hope that people will either forget or not care.

For the avoidance of any doubt the below is worth noting in case there is anyone ( I doubt it) who ******* themselves silly for the outcome of her report.

‘It is perhaps misleading to say she has the power to bring Boris Johnson down.

Her job is simply to establish the facts. Once she has reported, it will be up to the prime minister, other ministers and MPs to determine what happens next.

But if she does decide that coronavirus rules were broken, the police may become more heavily involved.”

Even if she wanted to (unlikely )she couldn’t topple Boris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I fully expect that Gray will be getting the whitewash out.

I'm willing to bet that the report will be critical of Johnson without actually putting him bang to rights, the report will allow just enough wiggle room for him to lie his way out of it by the skin of his teeth as it seems no one currently has the balls to nail him.

I think we are reliant on someone with documentable evidence who was at one of the " No-Party's" to spill their guts and blow it wide open. Currently the police, parliamentary standards office , the Ethics committee ... etc etc all lack the balls to actually call the lying cheat out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tory meltdown incoming...

[tweet]1469004530901790721[/tweet]

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is the Torygraph reporting this.

The Conservative and Unionist Party’s newspaper of choice.

Linked to the Queen, and in the worst way possible apart from if he mooned at her.

Dead meat, gone by the time we kick off tomorrow night.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That photo of the Queen alone in the chapel resonated with millions, even those of us who are largely indifferent to the institution of the monarchy. He’s in serious shit on this one.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hasn't Sue Gray got a reputation for telling special advisors how to completely delete emails to avoid releasing information for Freedom of Information requests?

It has been reported as such, yes. She has got rid of Tory's before but one suspects the outcomes of these inquiries are curated.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
This is the Torygraph reporting this.

The Conservative and Unionist Party’s newspaper of choice.

Linked to the Queen, and in the worst way possible apart from if he mooned at her.

Dead meat, gone by the time we kick off tomorrow night.

He should walk the plank after all that's gone on. There is just no defending him anymore

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think there is plenty of evidence that Corbyn and allies did not understand that conspiracy theories around capitalism/banking/the media are the type of anti scemitism endured by Jews for over a thousand years. These dog whistle tropes are used unthinkingly until a generation comes along sufficiently mobilized to restart the massacres.
Just for the avoidance of doubt though you should remind yourself of the anti Semitic abuse described by Luciana Berger. Plenty of evidence there;

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news...on-in-emotional-anti-semitism-debate-11335825

I am not sure that level of hatred has been documented in any other mainstream political party ?

Agree.

My credentials? A labour party member (rejoined when Starmer became leader) and union member (UCU).

As noted perviously my union recently voted in favour of a very proactive and aggressive boycott of Israel and all it's doings (by 22 to 5 - more than 1000 members didn't attend the meeting or vote).

I am sick of momentum/militant twats and their petty vendettas.

My union is ****ed and I expect I will resign when I get around to it (soon). Sad, after 36 years.

However I am hopeful that Starmer Labour will have no truck with all this bollocks.

And let's not forget, although it is quite a while since a tory campaign in East London used the slogan:

'If you want a n*gg*r for a neighbour, vote Labour',

... they did. That trumps anything currently from the mad militants.

On the whole I regard the labour heart, over the decades, as more well-intentioned. It is a great pity that some 'activists' (and most of the noise is from SWP members of unions, like mine, not proper Labour people) have caused so much stink.

One of the most sickening sights is the vilification of Hodge (a Jew) by the militants for her criticism of antisemitism.

I just hope the militants and momentum are thrown in the sea, soon. That said I suspect they are mostly in the sea already, but are too dim to realise :shrug:

Viva Starmer!

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Oh dear… breaking news tonight on tomorrow’s Daily Telegraph front page

News of more parties at No 10 on eve of Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral whilst indoor mixing was banned….

Bye bye Boris :wave:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

News of more parties at No 10 on eve of Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral whilst indoor mixing was banned….

It's quite something. The way they've framed that whole piece is absolutely going for the jugular, and from the paper that both employs and worships him too. Gone by breakfast?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Rule #1 of British politics - You DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, **** with the Queen

He’s totally ****ed now. There’s no coming back from here. Even for him.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have just listened to the Telegraphs political editor on 5 live. These 2 party’s have already been brought to the attention of Sue Gray, both were leaving do’s attended by about 30 people each . 1 was in the basement, where there were drinks and food, music and a small amount of dancing. The other, again about 30 in attendance, took place at the start inside, and graduated to the garden. No dancing at this one. Both went on to the early hours .

Johnson and his wife did not attend either, as they weren’t in Downing Street that night.
When ask if he thought there would be more party’s , other than the 13 we already know about, revealed he said, there is bound to be.

He didn’t think Johnson would resign.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

He’s a goner.

Downing Street staff drank alcohol into the early hours at two leaving events the night before Prince Philip’s socially distanced funeral, The Telegraph can reveal.

On the evening of Friday April 16 2021, Britain was in a period of public mourning. Union flags on Government buildings across Westminster hung at half mast to mark the passing of Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth II's husband, the previous week.

With the country in step two of a strict lockdown roadmap, which barred indoor mixing, mourners were told not to leave flowers due to the Covid threat. A book of condolence was set up online to “reduce the risk of transmission” from physical signings.

In a private chapel in Windsor Castle the Prince’s coffin lay overnight. The next day the Queen, her face covered by a black mask, would say farewell to her husband of 73 years. With social distancing rules in force, she sat alone.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...d-downing-street-queen-country-mourned-death/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here