Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
His next audience with the Queen will be a bit awkward, unless it is to inform her of his desire to resign as her Prime Minister

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No wonder the Sun aren’t really embracing the lockdown Parties scandal:

“The atmosphere in Downing Street that Friday evening, however, was quite different. Advisers and civil servants gathered after work for two separate events to mark the departure of two colleagues.

One was James Slack, Mr Johnson’s director of communications. He had served two Tory prime ministers, a rare carry-over from the Theresa May days, but was leaving after four years to become deputy editor at The Sun newspaper. The other was one of Mr Johnson’s personal photographers.” Telegraph.

C***s.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

“The atmosphere in Downing Street that Friday evening, however, was quite different. Advisers and civil servants gathered after work for two separate events to mark the departure of two colleagues.

One was James Slack, Mr Johnson’s director of communications. He had served two Tory prime ministers, a rare carry-over from the Theresa May days, but was leaving after four years to become deputy editor at The Sun newspaper. The other was one of Mr Johnson’s personal photographers.” Telegraph.

C***s.

Wasn’t the Sun also said to have had their own, more boisterous party on the same night of the first Downing Street party.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wasn’t the Sun also said to have had their own, more boisterous party on the same night of the first Downing Street party.

This is the sort of shit they are pumping out on their website:

“WE asked Sun readers on our Facebook page: Should Boris Johnson resign over the Downing Street parties? Surprisingly they were split 50/50.”

“LINDA: No. He’s done a very good job. Of course, he made mistakes but he’s done his best and that’s all any of us can ask of him.

JUNE: No. Poor man can’t do right whatever he does.” The Scum

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And let's not forget, although it is quite a while since a tory campaign in East London used the slogan:

'If you want a n*gg*r for a neighbour, vote Labour',

... they did. That trumps anything currently from the mad militants.

(A pedant writes) That was in Smethwick, Birmingham in the 1964 election when Peter Griffiths defeated Patrick Gordon Walker, a result that went against the national trend. There's some doubt as to whether the Tories actually coined the slogan, although they certainly exploited it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Now Simon Hoare MP is saying that Raab was at the garden BYOB party.

Technically he didn't. He said the party was to welcome back Boris Johnson (after being very ill) and thank Raab for stepping in.

Raab has denied being there and has made it clear "he wasn't invited" :lolol:

I'll miss Raab..... in a way.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is the sort of shit they are pumping out on their website:

“WE asked Sun readers on our Facebook page: Should Boris Johnson resign over the Downing Street parties? Surprisingly they were split 50/50.”

“LINDA: No. He’s done a very good job. Of course, he made mistakes but he’s done his best and that’s all any of us can ask of him.

JUNE: No. Poor man can’t do right whatever he does.” The Scum

You must have a cast iron constitution, taking in that crap and not being nauseous.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
(A pedant writes) That was in Smethwick, Birmingham in the 1964 election when Peter Griffiths defeated Patrick Gordon Walker, a result that went against the national trend. There's some doubt as to whether the Tories actually coined the slogan, although they certainly exploited it.

:bowdown:

Hope all's well with you :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
30 letters of no confidence gone in so far. One interestingly from Irish passport expert and well known potato farmer Andrew Bridgen.

[tweet]1481744603162329091[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don’t expect Johnson to go anywhere….

Tomorrow’s Times;

3F91EC30-727F-4A75-A468-D23243A60E1C.jpeg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don’t expect Johnson to go anywhere….

It's quite a high bar to set that an MP/PM has to go only if they broke the law.

I've privately and reluctantly doubted the law was broken anyway because it didn't account for industries with a drinking culture in the workplace and probably Government buildings were exempt anyway.

However he is very badly damaged. If he carries on he will get mullered in the local elections.

I would put money on him not standing at the next general election.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

C***s.

If I didn't let you know earlier, I am in Bridge car park tomorrow. Will txt when I arrive :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's quite a high bar to set that an MP/PM has to go only if they broke the law.

I've privately and reluctantly doubted the law was broken anyway because it didn't account for industries with a drinking culture in the workplace and probably Government buildings were exempt anyway.

However he is very badly damaged. If he carries on he will get mullered in the local elections.

However it ends for the nation (probably just m'eh).....he's ****ed up his own legacy, which is pretty funny. I'll be interested to find out whether this is more or less important to him than his venality and his cock. I suspect the answer is less, but we shall probably never know :shrug:

If he leaves office with a Ronaldo wink, though, that will provide the answer.

As for his supporters, shame on you. You are a disgrace.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

True. However, coupled with his entire response/defense thus far being “wait for the results of the inquiry” it’s my contention that he won’t be resigning over these parties. Being ousted by his party is still an option obviously.

He’ll hide away until the results are published. Emerge next Friday and say the matter is dealt with. End of story as far as he’s concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here