Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Would bet a reasonable sum that he’s actually driving a lot of it.

Cummings is sure to be involved, seeded and sourced some. reckon there's various others involved though, anyone from political rivals (risky!) to staff wanting to see some comeback and going to the press. im not convinced anyone is "coordinating" anything, its scattergun of claims along a theme.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Cummings is sure to be involved, seeded and sourced some. reckon there's various others involved though, anyone from political rivals (risky!) to staff wanting to see some comeback and going to the press.

I’ve been wondering about the 70 people (out of 100 invitees) that didn’t turn up to the garden party. Not one of them blew the whistle on their colleagues despite perhaps having misgivings themselves.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Like him or loathe him I can’t believe that Dominic Cummings would have allowed the Government to self destruct in this manner.
As I have said before, death by a thousand cuts. My theory is that he is slowly feeding out the rope to let him hang himself. Leak stories of a party - Boris said there are none. Show pictures of a Christmas Quiz - Boris says it was socially distanced. Show pictures of people in a garden having drinks - Boris says it is a work event. Leak an email telling people to bring a bottle to something that Boris is at - Boris says he is sorry it looks like a party but there were no parties and it was business. Leak evidence of rowdy parties before DoE funeral - Boris' PR says sorry to the Queen but Boris wasn't there and isn't to blame.

Do you not see where this is heading? Leak something, make him deny it and then leak something else putting a lie to the denial. Rinse and repeat. It may not be Cummings but he seems Machiavellian enough to have squirrelled all of this info away at the time ready to use it if he felt wronged. I don't buy that the media have had all of this all along and are the ones stringing it out - they would love to be the ones to bring him down in one big hit. This isn't a swift bullet to the head - this is being hung, drawn and quartered by someone with no regard to the effect it has on anyone else or the country at large.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tory meltdown incoming...

As I have said before, death by a thousand cuts. My theory is that he is slowly feeding out the rope to let him hang himself. Leak stories of a party - Boris said there are none. Show pictures of a Christmas Quiz - Boris says it was socially distanced. Show pictures of people in a garden having drinks - Boris says it is a work event. Leak an email telling people to bring a bottle to something that Boris is at - Boris says he is sorry it looks like a party but there were no parties and it was business. Leak evidence of rowdy parties before DoE funeral - Boris' PR says sorry to the Queen but Boris wasn't there and isn't to blame.

Do you not see where this is heading? Leak something, make him deny it and then leak something else putting a lie to the denial. Rinse and repeat. It may not be Cummings but he seems Machiavellian enough to have squirrelled all of this info away at the time ready to use it if he felt wronged.

It’s interesting how a different media outlet picks up the ‘leak’ each time. Almost as if someone is sharing out the spoils to get maximum attention. That said, I’m pretty sure that the Deputy Editor of The Sun might well ‘forget’ to open any email containing damaging leaks in case he is implemented again.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Exactly…exceptionally bright, but narcissistic. Boris knew that too which why he didn’t get rid of him initially until it became impossible not to, now he’s being methodically destroyed by this (I think) carefully planned drip-feed of incidents which has to be an ‘inside job’ to a large extent.

I'm not sure it is DC. His Twitter feed has been directing people at the party dates - especially the May one - for quite some time. I'd assumed that he would have blown the whistle if he could and his altered blog predicting Covid after the event showed his true colours. He isn't a 4D Chess player merely a chancer like the rest of them. Whoever it is though, is playing a blinder. My guess is someone from within the civil service fed up with the whole charade.

Given the upping of Stakes at each revelation, I reckon there will be Coke and Strippers at the next one. Already looking forward to it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Cummings is sure to be involved, seeded and sourced some. reckon there's various others involved though, anyone from political rivals (risky!) to staff wanting to see some comeback and going to the press. im not convinced anyone is "coordinating" anything, its scattergun of claims along a theme.

This is correct, there is no coordination and Cummings is "leaking" to the general public via his blog.

The first sniff of parties was by the Daily Mirror but they had nothing to back it up until approach. Meanwhile ITV has been sitting on their videos of the fake press conference, wondering what to do with it for months.

It was only the after the Mirror went to press, that ITV released the video.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’ve been wondering about the 70 people (out of 100 invitees) that didn’t turn up to the garden party. Not one of them blew the whistle on their colleagues despite perhaps having misgivings themselves.

It's a good point that you make and I believe there are a significant number of people working at Westminster who have been unhappy about the change in approach to Government between May (and any previous PM) and Johnson.

And it's worth remembering that when they talk about a mixture of Ministers and Officials at the parties, that SPADs (of which there are over 100) come under the heading 'Officials' and are Civil Servants (although obviously not having to undertake any of the background checks, security clearances etc that apply to normal 'Civil Servants') :wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

That was my first thought when this broke - surely one of them must have replied with something along the lines of ‘WTF are you doing ? We can’t do this’

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
What should this whole slow drip,drip process be called?

Borisexit? Borexit? Borisbegone? Borout? Borex?

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Liz Truss has come forward today for formal media interviews in a black business suit with the obligatory Union flag draped in the background.

This confirms to me that the Tory establishment has decided that the time is finally up for Boris.

He's toast and the next PM has now got to put up with the awful decor choice in the PM's flat!

The regal, smarmy remainer Queen Liz 3rd sucking up to Johnson on one side and preparing in Brutus style on the other. Just like Johnson in that respect. Appalling woman.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What should this whole slow drip,drip process be called?

Borisexit? Borexit? Borisbegone? Borout? Borex?

Boron. Half Boris, Half Moron. And apparently, Boron has the following properties.

Is inert.

Is lightweight

Is used in cleaning products (Presumably making your whites as white as whitewash)

Is used as an insecticide so is used to being around fleas and cockroaches

Is very good at shielding (primarily in nuclear reactors but presumably fridges as well)

Can be toxic to humans in multiple doses

Sodium borates are good at retarding (fires in plastic and rubber)

I don't know what it means but apparently Boron is a useful dopant - although I query the useful part

Boron is a component of neodymium magnets (Something must explain his attraction to women)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
By the sound of things the inquiry will find that nothing illegal will have occurred, merely " Errors of Judgement " or " Failure to comprehend the rules ". He will be found 99% guilty of breaking the rules but will get away with a warning on a technicality as usual.

My suspicion is you're right, he will get away with it on a technicality. But I really don't think the public are in the mood for seeing someone getting away with it on a technicality, especially during lockdown #1 when adherence was pretty much immaculate.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The regal, smarmy remainer Queen Liz 3rd sucking up to Johnson on one side and preparing in Brutus style on the other. Just like Johnson in that respect. Appalling woman.

Liz Truss's "Dead Ringer" is absolutely hilarious but, in reality, the real one is even more of an airhead.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Boris: "Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives."

Cameraman: "Ok Prime Minister, that's a wrap."

Boris:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Was there a week when there wasn't a party?

[tweet]1482014927577624583[/tweet]

Its a fair point. I mean, putting aside the lockdown restrictions and all that, it is a phenomenal number of parties and 'work-events' involving booze in one workplace, let alone the workplace thats supposed to be, you know, running the country, keeping us all safe and secure and the like.

Just a bunch of p'ssheads taking the p'ss.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My suspicion is you're right, he will get away with it on a technicality. But I really don't think the public are in the mood for seeing someone getting away with it on a technicality, especially during lockdown #1 when adherence was pretty much immaculate.

Ah but as i think I posted re: James O'Brien, his whole life, when he has ****ed up, he just looks to delay the inevitable... " What can i get away with ? " "What lie can I tell to buy me another day ? " " If I can just get though another day or two people will start to forget "....... Yes, lots of people saying they are absolutely devastated that they followed the rules and could not be with loved ones who died but, these people won't get the chance to vote til May and by that time something may have " turned up " to change the dynamic. That is all he is banking on, deny, delay, postpone, lie, find a loophole and repeat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here