Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’m not sure.

The Sun and Express are standing firmly behind the PM but it’s obvious that the educated Tory classes who read the Times and Telegraph have had enough.

Mr Johnson has a groundswell of support from people of a limited capacity, people who’d made their minds up at the last election and won’t change their minds through stubbornness and a lack of wit, even if Johnson were to shat on their doorsteps.

So that leaves us with what is to follow. The parties scandal is over now but there is probably so much more to come, even then, I think Mr Johnson will command a sizeable support. It would be amazing if he could battle through, so many Tories believe there will be a bounce back, let’s see.

If it was anyone else I would agree, it’s Johnson and he won’t walk and there is still enough Tory MPs behind him

If the investigation does clear him they can just quote that when questioned.

How many letters do you think have gone in? 20/25? I’d wager it’s not even half the required number.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Fukk me ragged. What a sad man.

Boris Johnson sets up 'Operation Save Big Dog' to keep job after party scandal.

Stolen from Twitter

FJI8yF2XEAEorRD.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If it was anyone else I would agree, it’s Johnson and he won’t walk and there is still enough Tory MPs behind him

If the investigation does clear him they can just quote that when questioned.

How many letters do you think have gone in? 20/25? I’d wager it’s not even half the required number.

5 Tories have announced that they’ve popped a letter in. I think that’s you’re there or there about with a guess of 20/25 as most letter writers would want to remain anonymous.

I suspect there are dozens waiting for Sue Grey before they pen their complaint. Mr Johnson will receive the report and attempt to throw a number of civil servants under the bus by playing the victim I suspect, I can see Sue Grey resigning shortly afterwards as her report is whitewashed, whether that will procure more letters, we’ll just have to see.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
oh dear. what's Sir Kier been up to ?Is he so whiter than white ?. All of these so called top politicians really do think they are above the law

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
oh dear. what's Sir Kier been up to ?Is he so whiter than white ?. All of these so called top politicians really do think they are above the law

Well one thing is for certain, the compulsive liar who is Boris Johnson benefits from people believing all politicians are equally corrupt; they are not of course - many have a clear moral compass and become politicians to offer genuine public service.

It serves Johnson's purpose to have us believe there are no distinctions between politicians so he can continue his mendacity in plain sight.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

This has been raised and shot down several times in the press.

It’s a pity that all the press have to do is say something and there will be an element who buy it.

Starmer would have to be very, very foolish to stand at PMQ’s and demand Johnson’s resignation if there was even a remote chance that he could be caught at it himself.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Rehash of old story. It was originally a Sun story and nobody cared and (very oddly) The Mail have run it again.

Do keep up....

It's similar to the Dept of Education "gathering", a complete non story. They moved out of their office into the canteen (because there was more space) had a glass of wine while they were thanked for working through the pandemic and went home.

They only felt the need to apologise because they knew it would eventually be seen part of a much wider culture of ignoring the rules and a word hard play hard drinking culture within Government and Civil Service.

But like the Starmer story, in isolation nothing to apologise for.

Unfortunately for the current administration there is nothing in isolation. They just continued their usual get smashed at work premises on a Friday night and get the last train home. Pandemic wasn't going to stop that.

That was normal for me at work too. But that was 25 years ago.....

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It really is desperate journalism to try to do " Look at him though ? " regarding Starmer, almost as barrel scraping as " It's all about trying to stop Brexit "

Some people have their scarves tied so so tight around their necks that it has cut off their circulation to their most important asset, it's genuinely pitiful some peoples desperation to cling to a narcissist and liar who would throw anyone and anybody under a bus to save his own skin.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Oh dear, typically pathetic "what aboutery?" from someone desperate to deflect attention from Johnson's renowned arrogance, corruption, dishonesty and incompetence.

Are you one of the "all politicians are as bad as each other?" types who idolises Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage and Donald Trump as authentic down-to-earth representatives of the working-classes?

Boris cult.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tim Laughton MP for Shoreham and Worthing East has broken cover and is now calling for Johnson's resignation .. This must be the first decent thing he's done in years!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Carrie Johnson has apologised for her lapse of judgement by going to a nightclub with friends during lockdown.
I would suggest a bigger lapse of judgement was having affair with a married man, and trying to get the press to call her First Lady, when she married him. Thankfully that has died down.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Tim Laughton MP for Shoreham and Worthing East has broken cover and is now calling for Johnson's resignation .. This must be the first decent thing he's done in years!

It's a noticeable trend with Timmy that, since he recognised (several years after everybody else) that he has no hope of advancement in the party, he's happy to rock the boat a little and play to the local electorate where his bread and butter now lies. No-one who's met him could mistake him for a man of principle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here