Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a noticeable trend with Knob jockey that, since he recognised (several years after everybody else) that he has no hope of advancement in the party, he's happy to rock the boat a little and play to the local electorate where his bread and butter now lies. No-one who's met him could mistake him for a man of principle.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly, he is a cretin of the highest order, I remember how he threw his " weight" behind the awful Andrea Leadsome in her bid for leadership post-May. That was his only hope to get high(er) office . Still, through accident or design he has done the right thing for once. I think the tide is turning for Johnson, the sheer weight of his incompetence and deceit over these parties should be enough to hang him.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
More dripping out, but this time from the Murdoch owned Times and from Dominic Lawson brother of the ex-chancellor.

The Times is behind a pay wall, but have been quoted elsewhere. From the Mirror quoting the Times:

Mr Lawson’s claims suggest Mr Johnson knew more about the parties than he let on.

The well-connected columnist said: “Last week I spoke to a former Downing Street official who said at least two people had told the PM, after seeing the emailed *invitation from Martin Reynolds that this was ‘a party’ and should be immediately cancelled.

“I was told that Johnson’s dismissive response was to say they were ‘overreacting’ and to praise Reynolds as ‘my loyal Labrador’.

"I then asked someone who has known the PM for decades what could have made him take such an approach (other than natural hospitality and affability).

“His immediate answer was: ‘It’s because deep down he obviously thought the regulations were ridiculous, so why should he observe them?’”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/new-no10-party-revealed-boris-25962670

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
More dripping out, but this time from the Murdoch owned Times and from Dominic Lawson brother of the ex-chancellor.

Big Dog and his Loyal Labrador.

Sounds like some strange 90’s cartoon. Meanwhile, Murdoch’a Sun tabloid (the website at least) is concentrating on Harry bashing and implicit support for the PM in stories such as the following:

“EMBATTLED Boris Johnson is to enlist the Royal Navy to help combat migrant Channel crossings as he launches a policy blitz in a bid to cling on to his job.”

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Completely bonkers time politically. This regime (which is completely estranged from anything I understand as The Conservative Party in my lifetime) knew post Brexit it would have to somehow bring the country together.

It is now eating itself, split right down the middle between those who now support the PM for ignoring the rules it didn't agree with anyway and those still seething he employed them in the first place and ignored them.

Now trying to distract everyone with "Operation Red Meat", which I'm still confused is Scottish Beef or hormone injected mince that Rees Mogg would be happy to feed to his children.

Fascinating times.

Jul 20, 2003
Oh I agree wholeheartedly, he is a cretin of the highest order, I remember how he threw his " weight" behind the awful Andrea Leadsome in her bid for leadership post-May. That was his only hope to get high(er) office . Still, through accident or design he has done the right thing for once. I think the tide is turning for Johnson, the sheer weight of his incompetence and deceit over these parties should be enough to hang him.

I remember how he charged travel expenses for attending the Shoreham air tragedy memorial (briefly to get his photo taken) said he didn't (i.e. lied) and was subsequently shown to have actually put in for more the legitimate expenses for the distance.

He's a ****.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's lived off his "lovable buffoon" persona for far too long. He's now become absolutely toxic - his incompetence, his lack of attention to detail, his laziness, his endless lying, the fact he's surrounded himself with 23 year old lacky's. Its all coming home to roost.

Without doubt by far and away the worst Prime Minister in all our lifetimes. Probably ever, in history. He is an utter embarrassment to this country. I literally cringe whenever I see he is amongst other world leaders. Its like sending Michael Barrymore to the UN.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He's lived off his "lovable buffoon" persona for far too long. He's now become absolutely toxic - his incompetence, his lack of attention to detail, his laziness, his endless lying, the fact he's surrounded himself with 23 year old lacky's. Its all coming home to roost.

Without doubt by far and away the worst Prime Minister in all our lifetimes. Probably ever, in history. He is an utter embarrassment to this country. I literally cringe whenever I see he is amongst other world leaders. Its like sending Michael Barrymore to the UN.

Or Benny Hill to see the Queen.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
5 Tories have announced that they’ve popped a letter in. I think that’s you’re there or there about with a guess of 20/25 as most letter writers would want to remain anonymous.

I suspect there are dozens waiting for Sue Grey before they pen their complaint. Mr Johnson will receive the report and attempt to throw a number of civil servants under the bus by playing the victim I suspect, I can see Sue Grey resigning shortly afterwards as her report is whitewashed, whether that will procure more letters, we’ll just have to see.

Couple of reports say its as high as 40 already.

Still, that will only trigger a vote of non confidence - will 180 of so vote against him? Even May survived that process - then he is safe for another year.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Definitely the worst PM of all time, he's a buffoon so far out of his depth on almost every political matter. When you see him on the world stage,unkempt and disheveled, it shames our country.

It's going to take a political heavyweight to somehow pull the country together post Brexit, post Covid and post Johnson.....the right wing media will always be fervently anti Labour and the Tory benches have been stripped of any MP'S with the credibility to lead... Worrying times ahead.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

"Are you awright Prime Minister?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Completely bonkers time politically. This regime (which is completely estranged from anything I understand as The Conservative Party in my lifetime) knew post Brexit it would have to somehow bring the country together.

It is now eating itself, split right down the middle between those who now support the PM for ignoring the rules it didn't agree with anyway and those still seething he employed them in the first place and ignored them.

Now trying to distract everyone with "Operation Red Meat", which I'm still confused is Scottish Beef or hormone injected mince that Rees Mogg would be happy to feed to his children.

Fascinating times.

Yes time to take down the BBC, we're paying too much and should hand over our money to take dodging tech giants instead...

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill

Bang on. Worst possible PM at the worst possible time.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Most of his plans will be reversed the minute anyone sensible gets into power. If they ever see fruition in the first place. For example, it’s highly unlikely we will actually see the BBC license fee scrapped. The only problem is that his core voters love all their “bash the left” rhetoric and will keep voting for them.

As we all know, this won’t fix itself if Johnson goes. There are plenty more nasty ****ers left to take over the construction of the Death Star.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As I have said before, how right wing do you have to be to consider the BBC left wing?

On the political test graph thing I come up as only just right of centre, and I consider the BBC to be slightly left of centre.

I also consider the non journalist staff of Auntie to be a complete bunch of PC ‘right on’, muesli munching bellends who are only so faux left so that they can somehow disguise their utterly self centred existence. Bit like some of the charity workers for Kidscape? run by looney Batmanwhatshername. I used to know a couple of the staff who were horrified when they lost their jobs as they could not comprehend how they would get by without their London life interspaced with long weekends in the Cotswolds!

But then many on the left see the Beeb as a bastion of the middle/upper classes supporting Hooray Henry’s and the Royal Family. What gives huh?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Big Dog and his Loyal Labrador.

Sounds like some strange 90’s cartoon. Meanwhile, Murdoch’a Sun tabloid (the website at least) is concentrating on Harry bashing and implicit support for the PM in stories such as the following:

“EMBATTLED Boris Johnson is to enlist the Royal Navy to help combat migrant Channel crossings as he launches a policy blitz in a bid to cling on to his job
.”

To be honest, I'm not sure whether that line actually DOES imply support. Yes, it puts out there (another) crass populist 'policy', that the feeble-minded will lap up, but it also makes clear how the very action is a shallow distraction aimed at nothing more than self-preservation on Johnson's part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here