Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If it’s the interview this morning on the BBC then it wasn’t exactly weakening. He was constantly pressed with multiple repetitive questioning. He only said what he said when asked effectively whether he agreed with the Ministerial Code which states that the consequence of lying to Parliament is resignation. I’m sure Raab thinks he is helping but every time one of them appears on tv it all gets a little worse.

This is the same Dominic Raab who said on television after Brexit that he wasn't aware of what a significant port Dover is for the UK, right? Let's not be too surprised that he comes across on TV as a complete tool.

"I hadn’t quite understood the full extent of this, but if you look at the UK and look at how we trade in goods, we are particularly reliant on the Dover-Calais crossing"

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Raabs come out and said he should go if lied to Parliament.

Some of the backing is weakening

That'll be the Radio 4 interview this morning? His response was more nuanced than that, in that he was at pains to keep what the ministerial code says as a separate topic from any pre-judgement of what the Civil Service report says. But yes he agreed that if a Prime Minister had lied to Parliament he would expect them to resign.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This is the same Dominic Raab who said on television after Brexit that he wasn't aware of what a significant port Dover is for the UK, right? Let's not be too surprised that he comes across on TV as a complete tool.

"I hadn’t quite understood the full extent of this, but if you look at the UK and look at how we trade in goods, we are particularly reliant on the Dover-Calais crossing"

Well how was he supposed to know, he had other things on his mind. He was busy being Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union at the time, why would he know about trade links :facepalm:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So the man who stood on TV every day and told us what was / was not allowed - is now saying no-one told him this party went against the rules. Riiiiight

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I see the Boris the Liar has started wearing a mask again.

This is a great strategy because he has the habit of smirking or grinning as he lies. The mask wearing is a great cover-up for him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How can you not know the rules that YOU personally have set? What's more amazing is how many people actually believe him!

Johnson is so full of shite it's untrue.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I see the Boris the Liar has started wearing a mask again.

This is a great strategy because he has the habit of smirking or grinning as he lies. The mask wearing is a great cover-up for him.

Couldn't this just read "talking"?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Boris Johnson has "categorically" denied he was warned a drinks party in the No 10 garden risked breaking lockdown rules.

"Nobody warned me that it was against the rules," the prime minister said, adding: "I would have remembered that."

Sorry Boris old chap, the fact no-one warned you is irrelevant. They're YOUR F***ING RULES. :shootself:wozza::facepalm::jester::shit:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Boris Johnson has "categorically" denied he was warned a drinks party in the No 10 garden risked breaking lockdown rules.

"Nobody warned me that it was against the rules," the prime minister said, adding: "I would have remembered that."

Sorry Boris old chap, the fact no-one warned you is irrelevant. They're YOUR F***ING RULES. :shootself:wozza::facepalm::jester::shit:

It's strange he has thrown in the the "can't remember" caveat, similar to when he said that he "didn't see the email".

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
B'stard son of. . .

raab.jpg

b'stard.jpg

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Laughable isn’t it. He is apparently so stupid that it didn’t occur to him that it was against the law to have a drinks party. ****ing embarrassing considering that he is the leader of our country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sorry, if it's been posted before, but, just spot on:

[tweet]1483418498944671746[/tweet]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So when we were all working from home and he saw tens of people holding wine glasses in his garden he didn't realise that gathering was in contravention on his own rule of meeting outdoors with only 1 person from outside your household?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To be fair to Johnson, it's not like he was in a position to kick back and watch those PM press conferences during the lockdown. Admittedly it's because he was giving them, but still I expect he'd try and use that defence himself.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Rishi suddenly remembering he's left the oven on ?

Yup. A senior cabinet minister stropping off of a TV interview is just what we need. What pathetic behaviour.

I'm sure it must have been some kind of oven related incident as he clearly couldn't stand the heat in that kitchen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here