Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
people should read the Cummings blog. its interesting both as an insight to operations, and how he obviously holds a grudge against the PPS. notable that all the meetings in the garden were fine, just this one on the 20th May is sus. he's probably right too, due to the wording of the invite, highlights how the rules/legality of this is a smoke screen. we/media/politicans should be objecting the moral act, because focusing on the technical rules give Johnson a slither of a way out.

https://dominiccummings.substack.com/p/parties-photos-trolleys-variants
It is indeed very interesting as an insight, and I find it very amusing that he's doing what he can to stitch up Boris.

However, Cummings is just so unlikeable, even his writing style so clearly portrays him as a monumental bellend. Childish language and littered with arrogance/self-importance.

Not that he needs to be likeable of course.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Far more interesting to read Hansard and the PMs first "apology" after the release of the fake press conference video.

I repeat that I have been repeatedly assured since these allegations emerged that there was no party and that no covid rules were broken. That is what I have been repeatedly assured.

Well a senior civil servant sent him an email suggesting otherwise, prior to the party. The sender will be interviewed in the next few days. We know that because they have spoken anonymously to Robert Peston.

I think he is toast.

remember the context of events 6 months apart, 20th May was not public, so can string it out he didnt lie to the house about that event. he'll go either way jst take a bit longer, still expect Gray inquiry to find rules werent breached but everyones been very naughty.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Far more interesting to read Hansard and the PMs first "apology" after the release of the fake press conference video.

I repeat that I have been repeatedly assured since these allegations emerged that there was no party and that no covid rules were broken. That is what I have been repeatedly assured.

Unfortunately a senior civil servant sent him an email suggesting otherwise, prior to the party. The sender will be interviewed in the next few days. We know that because they have spoken anonymously to Robert Peston.

I think he is toast.

Cummings blog is a bit of a side show, there isn't anything much new there. He's simply confirming what Dominic Lawson wrote in the Sunday Times.

I don't think this is correct. The email Peston is referring to was sent to Martin Reynolds (the person who sent the invite) and Cummings, not Johnson.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't think this is correct. The email Peston is referring to was sent to Martin Reynolds (the person who sent the invite) and Cummings, not Johnson.

Yes sorry. There are a number of witnesses (from a variety of sources) saying Reynolds and/or others then spoke to the Prime Minister about the email.

Those individuals have been talking to which ever journalist will listen. Dan H0dges, Beth Rigby, Peston, Dominic Lawson, Kay Burley etc...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tory meltdown incoming...

Unfortunately a senior civil servant sent him an email suggesting otherwise, prior to the party. The sender will be interviewed in the next few days. We know that because they have spoken anonymously to Robert Peston.

I think he is toast.

Cummings blog is a bit of a side show, there isn't anything much new there. He's simply confirming what Dominic Lawson wrote in the Sunday Times.

So this Sue Grey report will be completed and given to the Prime Minister.

Will it be published or can the PM just do what he did with the Patel bullying report and brush a damning report under the carpet? I just think that a white wash might be on the way. The Liar might well conclude he’ll have to go through a vote of no confidence, but if that means he hangs on for a bit longer, then he’ll take it. That then gives him the chance to swoon individual Tory MPs and promise them promotions, PPE deals for their friends, honours or whatever the fat little f*** can bribe them with.

The resignation of Sue Grey seems very likely if Boris the Liar is to keep his job and ignore her report.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So this Sue Grey report will be completed and given to the Prime Minister.

Will it be published or can the PM just do what he did with the Patel bullying report and brush a damning report under the carpet?

Not forgetting the report on Russian influence, which disappeared into Johnson's bottom drawer never to be seen again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill, had three readings in the House of Commons, and then sent to the House of Lords.
In between, Pritti Patel added several clauses with draconian measures like 10 years imprisonment for protests, without them being debated in the Commons. Very sneaky and leading to an authoritarian state.

Last night, over 200 peers stayed in the HOL until past 1am, to vote on 14 different clauses, defeating the government on each and every one of them.

Whatever you think of the House of Lords (I think it is vastly over inflated) they do help to protect out interests with this rogue government.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The simple fact is that what Johnson has 'achieved' in the last 2 years, we are all going to be suffering for the next 10 years and beyond, and I really can't see how he can make it much worse, so just for the laugh

How about the letters go in, there is a confidence vote and Johnson wins it by the skin of his teeth and stumbles on, unchallenged for another year :lolol:

Joking - of course he can f*** it up further if he continues for the full 5 years that people on here voted him in for (even if they have now changed their minds after 2 :facepalm:)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill, had three readings in the House of Commons, and then sent to the House of Lords.
In between, Pritti Patel added several clauses with draconian measures like 10 years imprisonment for protests, without them being debated in the Commons. Very sneaky and leading to an authoritarian state.

Last night, over 200 peers stayed in the HOL until past 1am, to vote on 14 different clauses, defeating the government on each and every one of them.

Whatever you think of the House of Lords (I think it is vastly over inflated) they do help to protect out interests with this rogue government.

If PP had her way we would be a police state, the Belarus of north atlantic

Whether you are an anti-vaxer, a remainer or a defender of the NHS you have a right to peaceful protest.

That's too much for this government

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Good point.

The House of Lords is essential to our democracy but needs a big cull followed by a democratisation process and perhaps, a few more ‘teeth’.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If PP had her way we would be a police state, the Belarus of north atlantic

Whether you are an anti-vaxer, a remainer or a defender of the NHS you have a right to peaceful protest.

That's too much for this government

It’s interesting that none of the MSM reported the many demonstrations throughout England against this bill.
#Killthebill

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It is indeed very interesting as an insight, and I find it very amusing that he's doing what he can to stitch up Boris.

However, Cummings is just so unlikeable, even his writing style so clearly portrays him as a monumental bellend. Childish language and littered with arrogance/self-importance.

Not that he needs to be likeable of course.

Indeed. His writing style is Paul Barber on steroids. In his world, he is always always right but no one listens. Given he had the ear of the PM but could not get him to change his ways that makes him pretty poor in his role. Not that he'd ever admit that.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It’s interesting that none of the MSM reported the many demonstrations throughout England against this bill.
#Killthebill

Not reported, or not reported enough? Sky, the BBC, the Standard, the Guardian, i, and others, they've all covered the protests and the bill over the past several days.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Amazing that this government is so Liberal that you can do pretty much whatever you like in a pandemic without any real rules laid down to protect others and the NHS (relying on the common sense of the public) but they want to put you in the shovel for 10 years if you protest.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Amazing that this government is so Liberal that you can do pretty much whatever you like in a pandemic without any real rules laid down to protect others and the NHS (relying on the common sense of the public) but they want to put you in the shovel for 10 years if you protest.

The ultimate mission is deregulation to reward themselves and their mates with minimal accountability. This why Europe was such a problem for them.

In order to sustain this you need to take control of everything to your advantage, the courts, the media, the electoral system you name it.

Mark my words our democracy is under attack from every angle, give this lot another term and we're in real trouble.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not reported, or not reported enough? Sky, the BBC, the Standard, the Guardian, i, and others, they've all covered the protests and the bill over the past several days.

Fair comment. Not reported enough especially the dangers of this bill.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Raabs come out and said he should go if lied to Parliament.

Some of the backing is weakening

If it’s the interview this morning on the BBC then it wasn’t exactly weakening. He was constantly pressed with multiple repetitive questioning. He only said what he said when asked effectively whether he agreed with the Ministerial Code which states that the consequence of lying to Parliament is resignation. I’m sure Raab thinks he is helping but every time one of them appears on tv it all gets a little worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here