Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Any sensible party would have expelled her for not resigning properly.
Well, I suppose they could have taken her public announcement as formal notice of resignation. Rules apply I guess.

Any MP resigning means that their personal staff become instantly unemployed so if one employed a couple of family members (paid by civil service) on say £40K+ and expenses, that might explain a reluctance to resign.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well, I suppose they could have taken her public announcement as formal notice of resignation. Rules apply I guess.

Any MP resigning means that their personal staff become instantly unemployed so if one employed a couple of family members (paid by civil service) on say £40K+ and expenses, that might explain a reluctance to resign.
If you are somehow accusing that women of employing her two daughters at the expense of £80k to the tax payer and…………

Oh:

😕

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not enough money to give public sector a decent pay rise apparently.

Why can’t they just say what everyone knows?

“We don’t value you, so go to work and shut the f*** up”

Scum.

I’m not getting paid enough to dig a ditch this big.
Indeed. A bit of honesty goes a long way.

They just need to admit that they are just in it for the cash and hate the country and all the peasants who live in it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
-
This is rhetorical essentially but why on earth do I watch/listen to PMQs? Deputy PM was just asked about the painting over of the children’s mural at the detention centre in Kent. He didn’t even attempt to answer or refer to the question, just shared how compassionate the Govt are 😳😳
I know avoiding answering questions is part of all politicians armoury but it is actually ridiculous!

edited by this eejit as mistakenly put Sunak - who isn’t even in the UK
PMQ’s is, and always has been a pantomime. A game of oneupmanship played out for laughs and point scoring. With a liberal smattering of self congratulatory nonsense. On all sides.

Any Questions and Any Answers on R4 is where I go for reasoned political debate with a. Good balance of left and right politicians and thinkers.

And those sessions where government ministers are held to account away from Westminster.

But no, PMQ’s is a waste of time.

Last edited:

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
If you are somehow accusing that women of employing her two daughters at the expense of £80k to the tax payer and…………

Oh:

😕
Are there any unallocated ditches at this point?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Boris Johnson’s WhatsApp messages are yet to be received by the Covid inquiry because he is said to have forgotten the passcode for his old phone.

The former prime minister’s spokesperson said Johnson still wants to cooperate with the inquiry and did not deny being unable to recall the code.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Boris Johnson’s WhatsApp messages are yet to be received by the Covid inquiry because he is said to have forgotten the passcode for his old phone.

The former prime minister’s spokesperson said Johnson still wants to cooperate with the inquiry and did not deny being unable to recall the code.

Pants on fire?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Pants on fire?
Well, quite.

You don’t need to know the code to your phone to retrieve WhatsApp messages.
Just get a new sim. Put it in the locked phone. Switch it on. Get the WhatsApp app.
Your message history will be there.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
With Johnson withholding his phone, and Osbourne allegedly having sex with a drunk 16 year old, come the Revolution there is not going to be a wall long enough to stand these bastards up against.
Got it's getting worse on here. What a load of bollox.

Are you sure George Osborne had sex with a drunk 16 year old or are you a Sun reporter?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Got it's getting worse on here. What a load of bollox.

Are you sure George Osborne had sex with a drunk 16 year old or are you a Sun reporter?
No we don't. What we know is that Osborne, like Johnson and Cameron, was a fully paid up members of the Bullingdon Club. Whilst this is reprehensible enough because members habitually behaved atrociously for their own hedonistic pleasure, much of the rest of his background has been well covered over.....

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
So this club let's in unaccompanied 16 year olds to have sex with Tory politicians. You should go to the Sun with that.
Could be worth a few quid.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ah uhm, who paid for my private jets? Woo! Good question. Uhm, gosh! Ya stumped me!

I can’t remember but it would have been legit, I do know that. Definitely.

These poor memories that Tory leaders seem to have really are quite concerning. Have they been tested for Alzheimer’s?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He wants locking up in a prison cell until he does remember it .
I can't quite put my finger on why this is dodging.
On the face of it we all recognise the dilemma.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here