Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

This should be fun.

E: Just someone dropping some salacious accusations at George the day before his wedding day. Makes grim reading, won't post it here because it's actually just a bit depressing/grim rather than fun.

Last edited:

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Someone told me that Keir wants us talking like the Tories, I sincerely hope not, as I think this would end up as own goal. Can you imagine a country full of Rees-Moggs and Thatchers?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That's pretty terrible, even by his standards. He's still showing nothing but contempt where he should be respectful, looking around to belittle the interviewer. It’s all just a laugh for him.
I wish someone would just tell him to f*** off during an interview. Or at least call him a bloody disgrace. I know it would be career ending (possibly not) but you’d have to risk it wouldn’t you? If you were interviewing the fool?

Just something like

“You’re avoiding the question again. The list of how many times you have done this during your public life is too long to even begin to list but you are a coward and a stain on politics. You’re a disgrace”.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wish someone would just tell him to f*** off during an interview. Or at least call him a bloody disgrace. I know it would be career ending (possibly not) but you’d have to risk it wouldn’t you? I

Eddie Mair came close. He said "you're a nasty piece of work, aren't you?"

People should have paid more attention

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Eddie Mair came close. He said "you're a nasty piece of work, aren't you?"

People should have paid more attention

And, as Eddie Mair showed, it was not hard to pin down the lying, bumbling, incompetent buffoon. Something the vast majority of 'political journalists' seem to have been completely incapable of for the last 7 years. You do have to wonder why ???

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
And, as Eddie Mair showed, it was not hard to pin down the lying, bumbling, incompetent buffoon. Something the vast majority of 'political journalists' seem to have been completely incapable of for the last 7 years. You do have to wonder why ???
Still didn't really get a straight answer out of him though!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

This should be fun.

E: Just someone dropping some salacious accusations at George the day before his wedding day. Makes grim reading, won't post it here because it's actually just a bit depressing/grim rather than fun.

I've just read it. Crikey. What a scumbag.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Awful ****.

I'm embarrassed to read that. In my name.

This is the sort of scum Jenrick is:

On 14 January 2020, Jenrick approved a £1 billion luxury housing development of 1,500 homes on Westferry Road, Isle of Dogs, proposed by Richard Desmond, a Conservative Party donor and owner of Northern & Shell. A Government planning inspector had advised against permitting the scheme, as it would not deliver enough affordable housing and as the height of the tower would be detrimental to the character of the area.[46] When Jenrick approved the scheme on 14 January, he knew that an approval by that date would enable Desmond to avoid having to pay a council-imposed infrastructure levy of between £30 and £50 million, which could have been used for funding schools and health clinics.[47][48] Tower Hamlets London Borough Council then pursued a judicial review against Jenrick’s decision in the High Court, arguing that it had shown bias towards Desmond. It was also reported that Jenrick had helped Desmond to save an additional £106m by allowing affordable housing at 21%, instead of enforcing the local and London-wide planning policy requirement of 35%.[49][50] This could have resulted in a total discount (and subsequent loss of revenue to the Exchequer) of approximately £150 million.[50]

In May 2020, Jenrick did not contest the judicial review, conceding that his sign-off of the scheme was "unlawful by reason of apparent bias". He also confirmed that his approval had deliberately been issued before the new CIL policy could be adopted. This meant that Jenrick was able to avoid disclosing correspondence relating to the application in open court. His planning permission was quashed by the High Court, which ordered that the matter was to be decided by a different minister.[51]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Awful ****.

Jenrick has clearly learned nothing. Breathtaking when you think about it..........

"Jenrick is married to Michal Berkner. She is nine years older than Jenrick[97] and is the child of Holocaust survivors.[98] She is an Israeli-born and US educated[99] corporate lawyer who practises mainly in London. The couple have three daughters, whom they are bringing up in the Jewish faith.[2][100][18]"

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If a writer had presented that Jenrick story as part of a drama, it would have been rejected as being too cartoonishly villlanous for an audience to swallow. We are being governed by actual real life Montgomery Burnses: they seem to wear their lack of empathy, common decency and humanity as a badge of honour. Absolutely psychopathic behaviour that you would hope the voters of Newark will remember next year.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm embarrassed to read that. In my name.

This is the sort of scum Jenrick is:

On 14 January 2020, Jenrick approved a £1 billion luxury housing development of 1,500 homes on Westferry Road, Isle of Dogs, proposed by Richard Desmond, a Conservative Party donor and owner of Northern & Shell. A Government planning inspector had advised against permitting the scheme, as it would not deliver enough affordable housing and as the height of the tower would be detrimental to the character of the area.[46] When Jenrick approved the scheme on 14 January, he knew that an approval by that date would enable Desmond to avoid having to pay a council-imposed infrastructure levy of between £30 and £50 million, which could have been used for funding schools and health clinics.[47][48] Tower Hamlets London Borough Council then pursued a judicial review against Jenrick’s decision in the High Court, arguing that it had shown bias towards Desmond. It was also reported that Jenrick had helped Desmond to save an additional £106m by allowing affordable housing at 21%, instead of enforcing the local and London-wide planning policy requirement of 35%.[49][50] This could have resulted in a total discount (and subsequent loss of revenue to the Exchequer) of approximately £150 million.[50]

In May 2020, Jenrick did not contest the judicial review, conceding that his sign-off of the scheme was "unlawful by reason of apparent bias". He also confirmed that his approval had deliberately been issued before the new CIL policy could be adopted. This meant that Jenrick was able to avoid disclosing correspondence relating to the application in open court. His planning permission was quashed by the High Court, which ordered that the matter was to be decided by a different minister.[51]
How as a human being can you get into a position where you think that making lone, frightened children feel welcome is a bad thing? There will be a special place in hell for him, his colleagues and anyone who defends this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How as a human being can you get into a position where you think that making lone, frightened children feel welcome is a bad thing? There will be a special place in hell for him, his colleagues and anyone who defends this.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.jpeg
    IMG_0096.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 99

Jul 20, 2003
Jenrick has clearly learned nothing. Breathtaking when you think about it..........

"Jenrick is married to Michal Berkner. She is nine years older than Jenrick[97] and is the child of Holocaust survivors.[98] She is an Israeli-born and US educated[99] corporate lawyer who practises mainly in London. The couple have three daughters, whom they are bringing up in the Jewish faith.[2][100][18]"

Lee Anderson's wife has cystic fibrosis. A disease that unfortunately I know rather a lot about. One of the things you have to address with CF is the need to maintain a good quality, high calorie intake. As for his 30p meal claims I spend more than that a day on milk ... and I need to. My CF is very well maintained yet I still have weekly contact with the NHS to keep me ticking over (mainly physiotherapy). Anderson's wife has had a life saving, double lung transplant so I'm guessing must have a rather positive opinion of the nurses.

Given his nearest and dearest's experiences it doesn't seem unreasonable that he would have a handle on the importance of good quality nutritious food and have a bit of compassion towards nurses.

I've racked my brain to work out why he thought it appropriate to call nurses who use food banks liars and/or financially incompetent. The only way I can rationalise his actions is to assume that he must be an utter, utter, utter ****.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here