Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A leading Tory Brexiter on Sunday calls on ministers to reopen the UK’s borders to tens of thousands of young workers from EU nations in order to tackle acute post-Brexit labour shortages that he says are driving up inflation.

In an extraordinary admission of the failures of immigration policy since the UK left the EU, former Tory environment secretary George Eustice said Rishi Sunak’s government should begin bilateral negotiations with EU nations immediately, with a view to offering young Europeans under 35 the right to two- year visas to work in this country.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Jenrick has clearly learned nothing. Breathtaking when you think about it..........

"Jenrick is married to Michal Berkner. She is nine years older than Jenrick[97] and is the child of Holocaust survivors.[98] She is an Israeli-born and US educated[99] corporate lawyer who practises mainly in London. The couple have three daughters, whom they are bringing up in the Jewish faith.[2][100][18]"
Wasn’t aware of any of that.
mrs DiS and I were both disgusted when we read about Jenrick’s painting over order. This makes it all the more so. An appalling man with a TOTAL lack of humanity.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
A late night, slightly strange, tweet from Mid Sussex MP Mims Davies suggests she is unhappy about something. She remains a big fan of Mordaunt so perhaps another leadership contest being mooted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230709-075858.png
    Screenshot_20230709-075858.png
    665.2 KB · Views: 92

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A late night, slightly strange, tweet from Mid Sussex MP Mims Davies suggests she is unhappy about something. She remains a big fan of Mordaunt so perhaps another leadership contest being mooted.
As Rishi has now got to a point in his tenure which I describe as:-

'So they were right to appoint Truss, after all - unbelievable'

Another contest would be well lush.

It's hard to imagine spending Christmas thinking 'compared to this one Rishi wasn't a total clusterf**k', and yet there's still time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lee Anderson's wife has cystic fibrosis. A disease that unfortunately I know rather a lot about. One of the things you have to address with CF is the need to maintain a good quality, high calorie intake. As for his 30p meal claims I spend more than that a day on milk ... and I need to. My CF is very well maintained yet I still have weekly contact with the NHS to keep me ticking over (mainly physiotherapy). Anderson's wife has had a life saving, double lung transplant so I'm guessing must have a rather positive opinion of the nurses.

Given his nearest and dearest's experiences it doesn't seem unreasonable that he would have a handle on the importance of good quality nutritious food and have a bit of compassion towards nurses.

I've racked my brain to work out why he thought it appropriate to call nurses who use food banks liars and/or financially incompetent. The only way I can rationalise his actions is to assume that he must be an utter, utter, utter ****.
We live in dark times.

My best wishes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Up to their f***ing necks in it. Again.

Hang the bloody lot of them. Crooks. Criminals. ****s.

Jul 20, 2003
honestly

if it turns our that this venal bunch of ****s are actually just conducting some hugely detrimental performance art project akin to the 'Aristocrats' joke on an entire f***ing nation so be it.

enough

Day by day there appears to be a competition for who can be the most utterly appalling, useless, corrupt, stupid ...etc.

send them on an uninsurable day trip in a plastic submarine

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some of our MPs really are as thick as two short planks. Andrea Jenkyns and the Magna Carta signed in 2015, and Anna Firth saying we've taken in 550 million refugees since 2015. It makes you wonder what they're drinking in their tax payer subsidised bar.

Then you have Johnny Mercer doubling down on his attack on Carol Vorderman with his wife (employed by him) acting like a fishwife.

Roll on 2024

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not enough money to give public sector a decent pay rise apparently.

Why can’t they just say what everyone knows?

“We don’t value you, so go to work and shut the f*** up”

Scum.

I’m not getting paid enough to dig a ditch this big.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I think I’ve found something to spend it on…

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I think I’ve found something to spend it on…

Budgets are budgets. This is the sort of ridiculous situation you get in local councils, where £26K is spent on a 'sculpture' because it was money left over in a budget.

No doubt, they tried to get planning permission for some housing, found it was knocked back and didn't bother again.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Budgets are budgets. This is the sort of ridiculous situation you get in local councils, where £26K is spent on a 'sculpture' because it was money left over in a budget.

No doubt, they tried to get planning permission for some housing, found it was knocked back and didn't bother again.
Or just don’t want to build as it will devalue their own housing portfolios.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
This is rhetorical essentially but why on earth do I watch/listen to PMQs? Deputy PM was just asked about the painting over of the children’s mural at the detention centre in Kent. He didn’t even attempt to answer or refer to the question, just shared how compassionate the Govt are 😳😳
I know avoiding answering questions is part of all politicians armoury but it is actually ridiculous!

edited by this eejit as mistakenly put Sunak - who isn’t even in the UK

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This is rhetorical essentially but why on earth do I watch/listen to PMQs? Sunak was just asked about the painting over of the children’s mural at the detention centre in Kent. He didn’t even attempt to answer or refer to the question, just shared how compassionate the Govt are 😳😳
I know avoiding answering questions is part of all politicians armoury but it is actually ridiculous!
Sunak? He's not there!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I see that Mad Nads is accused of threatening Civil Servants in her hunts for info about her non peerage. Her actions referred to Tory Whip and the speaker.
Any sensible party would have expelled her for not resigning properly. But this one can’t touch her because they think she appeals to a certain type of voter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here