Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So anti-establishment Farage had a tantrum because he’s not rich enough to bank at Coutts. Man of the people.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Clearly there will be change of government at the next election, aside from the obvious truth and honesty, what will Sir Kier Starmer will do differently once in Number Ten?
Law and Order?
The NHS?
Immigration?
The Economy?

He’s probably facing the biggest challenges of any peacetime incoming Prime Minister.

For everyone, regardless of political allegiance, let’s hope he’s up to it.
I agree that the choice on offer is not great, especially now that Starmer seems to be to the right of Cameron but that is where the polititcal landscape currently is. However, if we look at the last election the current government swooped to power on one issue which was just to get Brexit done and think about everything else later on, No one questioned what Johnson's government would do on other issues, so I think we should just "Get Tories Out" then think about all the other issues later, after all, no one is going to disagree about Labour's plan on law and order and vote for Sunak instead

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
They really have doubled down with whatever is the political equivalent of the long ball.

Perhaps they are up to something with major tax cuts at the next election, but I can't see it.

These "New Conservatives" are nothing new, the party (as does Labour) has always had extreme wings but they've we didn't have a couple of Fox News clones in the past where they role up and be interviewed by a colleague.

Ofcom somewhat helpless although they are trying, but who are they looking into ? The MPs from the ruling party :lolol:
I watch Phil Moorhouse on YouTube. His channel is A Different Bias. He's unabashedly Labour but his political knowledge and analysis is superb in its depth. He normally drops two videos a day but has been running three recently as the list of government calamities piles up.

He has commented on the possibility of the government offering up tax cuts in the next budget. I think it might be in the attached video but I can't be sure as it was a couple of weeks back. His thinking is that the Tories were almost certainly planning tax cuts as a pre-election bribe but that the recent slew of bad economic data has probably done for that now. While they almost certainly still want to, it seems the data is now so bad that any unfunded tax giveaways will have a similar result to the Truss mini-budget. The markets simply won't allow it and we'd have another crash.

This is what convinces Moorhouse that the Tories will now lose power at the next election. They're simply run out of viable economic options and will be forced to call an election in the teeth of a financial skip fire.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

1688493608453.png

One of the first replies......

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And that's a textbook response from him BEFORE we elected him.
Yeah but Jeremy Corbyn wore funny hats and thought we should make broadband free so who’s the REAL monster, eh?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Pincher suspended.

In what other workplace would this offence result in only a pathetic 8 week exclusion? It's not the school playground ffs.....

Sack the fucker, and all those found guilty of similar, and bar him from public office.

At least it's another by-election to show the Tories their days are numbered.
His name doesn't help him.....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

This is savage, can’t imagine Maggie or even Blair being put through this 🙈

I feel I have to defend Sunak here. He has only ever had experience of serving under and leading Governments that have shown complete and utter contempt for parliamentary rules and practice and the laws and people of the country they are meant to be governing.

Of course he is going to find it a struggle to achieve the bare minimum of parliamentary standards traditionally required from a Prime Minister :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here