Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What did he make up about Corbyn, exactly?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
O'Brien is also in The World Bollard Association so even if I did have something negative to say I'm honour bound not too.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I like O'Brien, he comes over arrogant because he doesn't tolerate conspiracy theorists or anyone who base their arguments or beliefs on opinions and can't back up their argument with facts or examples. He can be harsh when ridiculing them but they deserve it. There are too many people on talk shows and radio phone ins who talk complete crap and are never challenged then other people will consider it as truth. He even quit the BBC for these reasons as he rightly said at every question time there should be a fact checker.

His crusade to call out Brexit stupidity (He has been proved absolutely spot on with that) and holding this awful government to account has been first class.

The worst kind of presenter are people like Nick Ferrari: pretend not to understand the issue to appeal to idiots and propose simplistic solutions to comples issues and suggest people in the spotlight are stupid. And all the current tories go on his show cos they know they can spout their nonsense unchallenged. They won'i go on O'Briens show because he will own them

How many other political commentators are calling out government lies and corruption?
I’d love O’Brien and Farage to have a head to head, but Nige won’t do it.

Jul 20, 2003
The Times have named Andrew Rosindell as the MP arrested last May on suspicion of rape and misconduct in public office. The Express also reported it but have since pulled the story from their website for some reason.

he had been named on social media when it happened and has not attended the commons or held any constituency surgeries since the arrest. Despite this he was re -selected by his local party in April this year.

Still being paid and maintains the Tory whip.

Away from the rape arrest he's best known for wanting more union flags and the BBC one to play the national anthem every day.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don’t know about his Corbyn stuff. And I largely agree with most of his opinions.
However, you are quite correct. He is one smug fucker. I can’t bear the man.

His interview podcast is terrible. You can tell he has one trick and that is to catch people out.
He interviews perfectly nice people as if he is trying to skewer them. He makes terrible assumptions and states them as fact and asks nothing but leading questions. Awful interviewer.
Since political journalists who have actually read the background material and understand and know the facts sufficiently to pull apart the lies of those they interview are so f***ing rare over the last few years, it's hardly surprising he's a bit smug at times :wink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Government to miss 40 new hospitals target - watchdog https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-66217375

So, they won’t build the hospitals they promised, and they haven’t got any staff to put in them if they did.

Once again this Conservative government fails Britain.
I din't think anyone, least of all the Torys thought they ever would.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Government to miss 40 new hospitals target - watchdog https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-66217375

So, they won’t build the hospitals they promised, and they haven’t got any staff to put in them if they did.

7 years on and the cabal still lying to the British people ? Who could have predicted that :wink:

And I'll bet that they will still get a surprisingly high number of the naïve and gullible still believing them again next time.

If they couldn't figure out Johnson, Farage etc what chance of them working out Sunak, Braverman and co :dunce:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

That'll be because of covid/Ukraine/Brexit/that bald union fella/climate/Woke banks/Huw Edwards. You wait and see...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That'll be because of covid/Ukraine/Brexit/that bald union fella/climate/Woke banks/Huw Edwards. You wait and see...
You missed out trans people, judges and leftie lawyers, with those I think we have a full house of “Conservative excuses for their total incompetence and inaction.”
Immigrants, don't forget them, always a useful scapegoat. Actually, it might be their fault we haven't built a new nuclear reactor plant this year, despite Johnson promising last year to build a new one every year.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Immigrants, don't forget them, always a useful scapegoat. Actually, it might be their fault we haven't built a new nuclear reactor plant this year, despite Johnson promising last year to build a new one every year.
Ah yes. I think I forgot about them due the unmitigated success of the 'Stop the boats' campaign... :dunce:

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
What about the Anti-Growth Alliance ?
Damn, I thought we’d got them all, but you’re right.

The list of people to blame for complete Conservative incompetence and inaction goes on and on. It’s almost everyone except the Conservative politicians themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here