Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've read that the deselections have as much to do with infighting between Conservative Central Office and local associations over the selection of candidates than the individual MPs politics.
That doesn’t surprise me. The more infighting the better, so they fall apart.
As long as it doesn’t lead to an even more right wing party forming.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seems in Tories have reduced recipes to green peppers only, the state of the country

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I was enjoying some turnip-butter on my turnip-bread this morning, drinking my turnip tea, and looking forward to my turnip-cake at elevenses, when I stopped and thought, “How lucky I am to live in Conservative Britain, with such a highly improved standard of living since the chaotic days of New Labour.”

Then I threw another turnip on the fire, because it’s been cold since central heating became prohibitively expensive, and started googling how to make clothes from turnips. It wouldn’t do to be shabbily dressed at my minimum wage job processing turnips.

How I laugh at those crazy Europeans.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

b95

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I was enjoying some turnip-butter on my turnip-bread this morning, drinking my turnip tea, and looking forward to my turnip-cake at elevenses, when I stopped and thought, “How lucky I am to live in Conservative Britain, with such a highly improved standard of living since the chaotic days of New Labour.”

Then I threw another turnip on the fire, because it’s been cold since central heating became prohibitively expensive, and started googling how to make clothes from turnips. It wouldn’t do to be shabbily dressed at my minimum wage job processing turnips.

chickens

NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

😂

In our new turnip-based economy, the GBT (Great British Turnip) is clearly the closest we’ve come yet to money growing on trees.

I’ve put a crop in the back garden this morning and once harvested I’m going to use them to buy a raft from some freshly arrived migrants and try to claim asylum in France. They got rid of their parasitic overlords when they were told to eat cake.

It’s entirely in keeping with modern Conservatism that here in Britain, we’re being told to eat turnip, a staple in the diet of 14th Century peasants.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

This sort of talk will start a run on turnips at the supermarkets soon and then what will we do ?

chickens

NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I will trade you one turnip for three cows, or European citizenship.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Turns out the whole 2019 election was won on the back of a fraud. Who’d have thought it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ridiculous that this fiasco is still rolling on but superb that Von Der Leyen is flying into the U.K.

It might actually get some way to getting the NI issue solved, it’s a sign that even the Tory’s are admitting we need to have much closer ties with the EU, and it’s really upsetting the Brexiteers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here