Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Incidentally, has anyone noticed that minister for turnips is T. Coffey?

I thought that was rather comical.

Imagine having R. Sole as a prime minister.

Oh....hang on....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Jul 20, 2003
Big Tesco in Hove haven't got any turnips

:moo:

Attachments

• IMG_20230224_182443.jpg
    IMG_20230224_182443.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 51

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bloody Brexit...

.. when did Ireland leave the EU? :lolol:
Funny how that poor weather in Spain hasn't affected mainland Europe's supply of fruit and veg isn't it?

Glad you are still happy with your voting decision though. You must be starting to feel a little lonely though :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hope we can have an argument over what colour our ration books will be like there was with the passports

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I hope we can have an argument over what colour our ration books will be like there was with the passports
As long as they are blue (and made in the EU, like the passports) everyone will be happy with their spam.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sadly it appears that it will be a little while yet before the Conservatives get their party back from the extremists

Tory activists draw up deselection target list of MPs responsible for Boris' downfall​

Conservative activists who back Boris Johnson drew up a target list of MPs who resigned from his government triggering his downfall including Rishi Sunak's Chief Whip Simon Hart. The list contains Tory MPs from the left and right of the party who resigned en masse forcing Mr Johnson to announce his resignation. The revelation comes after Damian Green, Theresa May's former Deputy Prime Minister, was blocked by activists for being a candidate for the newly created Weald of Kent seat.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...-sunak-conservative-mps-coup-deselection-list

NI Brexit deal: Pressure on Rishi Sunak mounts amid frontbench resignations threat and Liz Truss intervention​

Rishi Sunak is facing mounting pressure over his plans for a Northern Ireland Brexit deal after fresh warnings of frontbench resignations, the potential intervention of Liz Truss, and rival proposals for an agreement. At least three ministerial aides are considering quitting their jobs if the Prime Minister agrees to an ongoing role for the European Court of Justice (ECJ) in Northern Ireland, MPs told i.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/n...ure-frontbench-resignations-liz-truss-2169472
Tory extremists you say?

Imagine being deselected by you local party, because you went on maternity leave?

Such a nice bunch of people the Tories.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just bought some tomatoes and cucumber from my local greengrocer - who had plenty. Even had turnips, both the white ones along with the swede type. Loads of peppers too.

Popped into Tesco to get the evening's beer - and noticed that they had none of the above.

Greengrocer tells me that the problem isn't actually the shortfall in produce, but that the supermarkets are unwilling to pay the increased prices being charged by the suppliers to meet their own increased costs.

Reactions: abc

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've read that the deselections have as much to do with infighting between Conservative Central Office and local associations over the selection of candidates than the individual MPs politics.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know someone who had dealings with Suella when she was plain Sue-Ellen and first became a junior minister. Their verdict ? 'Face like a smacked arse and demeanour to match' :lolol:
Fancy being named after a Dallas chuff-monkey? Then changing your name to ersatz suet? What an absolute mess. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here