Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I went to the States in1985 the £ was at its lowest ever exchange rate with the $, 1.01$ to the £.

It made it hugely expensive.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Simon Clarke,Treasury Minister says that large pay rises will lead to spiralling inflation.

I trust MPs will be refusing their 2 and a half grand p.a. pay rise then.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Treating refugees and asylum seekers as common criminals without trial.

How much further down the road to full on fascism do we go?

I saw the astonishing Matt Lucas ‘who do you think you are’ documentary with much of it focused on Nazi Germany and Holland.

The slippery slope to fascism was clear. In the 30’s, the Nazis changed the rules for University entry. In essence, they mapped the available course places on ethnicity. So for example, if there were 10% Jews in Germany, they could only fill 10% of the places on degree courses. This was the start, the holocaust is where these measures led to. The same sort of people who enabled the Nazi’s are Johnsons’s biggest fans. People bred on hate and jealousy but more significantly, very cerebrally challenged.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Simon Clarke,Treasury Minister says that large pay rises will lead to spiralling inflation.

But I thought a major part of Johnson's Brexit benefits was a high-wage economy ? Surely he wasn't misinterpreted or misreported again :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
“The first to be tagged will likely be people who successfully challenged their removal to Rwanda this week.”

That’s what you get for humiliating the Home Secretary!

Just when you think they couldn't sink any lower morally. There are some seriously disgusting people in this cabinet :wanker:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

well thats just stating simple economics. highlighting a 2.5% pay rise doesnt really say anything to the contrary.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I saw the astonishing Matt Lucas ‘who do you think you are’ documentary with much of it focused on Nazi Germany and Holland.

The slippery slope to fascism was clear. In the 30’s, the Nazis changed the rules for University entry. In essence, they mapped the available course places on ethnicity. So for example, if there were 10% Jews in Germany, they could only fill 10% of the places on degree courses. This was the start, the holocaust is where these measures led to. The same sort of people who enabled the Nazi’s are Johnsons’s biggest fans. People bred on hate and jealousy but more significantly, very cerebrally challenged.

Yes, I saw that too. His grandmother's cousin, Werner, lodged with Otto Frank and knew the family, in Amsterdam.

Otto Frank applied for a visa to the USA in 1941 but was unsuccessful

. https://www.annefrank.org/en/about-...ch-otto-franks-attempts-emigrate-united-stat/

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003

We're very much sleepwalking into a soft fascism already. Certain rights to protest are being criminalised, withdrawing of the Human Rights Act, threatening to withdraw from the ECHR. The isolation of sections of society is already starting to happen, the Transgender community have already been told they're not being included in legislation to protect them from conversion therapy, it's all following the same pattern. As a gay man I've never felt more vulnerable and worried. Who's next, because they'll start turning inwardly at some stage, when demonising immigrants isn't enough.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
£2,500 pay rise, not 2 1/2 %.

They should set an example, perhaps even take a pay cut.

their £2212 pay rise is 2.7% on £81,932. example set?

they probably should go for a freeze, but the pay award body set the rate. leaders and a selection of MPs will say they shouldnt take a rise, but they'll all take it. a few will tell how they're paying to a charity.

meanwhile binmen are getting >20% rises. that'll lead to demands across council workers for similar. then taxes up next year to cover, raising the cost of living. and so on.

Last edited:

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015

It's the Left in this country who hate the Jews!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We're very much sleepwalking into a soft fascism already. Certain rights to protest are being criminalised, withdrawing of the Human Rights Act, threatening to withdraw from the ECHR. The isolation of sections of society is already starting to happen, the Transgender community have already been told they're not being included in legislation to protect them from conversion therapy, it's all following the same pattern. As a gay man I've never felt more vulnerable and worried. Who's next, because they'll start turning inwardly at some stage, when demonising immigrants isn't enough.

Yep. Fascism by degrees. Each new law or abolition of rights taking another bit of our freedom away.

I would bet they’ll be looking to tag U.K. citizens with a history of protesting. Weekend tagging when big protests are due to take place. Exclusions from areas etc.

They are testing boundaries at the moment. Trying out tactics on the most vulnerable immigrants.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I want Johnson gone, I am not a fan, so the above cannot apply to me. But I will call out personal opinion when it is delivered as fact. Not sure how accurate your numbers or figures above are, or what the source is, but I will take it as correct, as factually accurate. But you then muddy the waters with utter twaddle like this

‘ The same sort of people who enabled the Nazi’s are Johnsons’s biggest fans’

Nothing more than personal opinion based on what? A closed mind? Blind hatred? Jealousy? Class war? The current parliamentary Tory part is bankrupt, morally and ideologically, but the left does itself no favours by spreading lies and hatred, leave that to Johnson and his peers.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As someone on the left, I've seen it & sadly have to agree.
Magic Grandpa has a lot to answer for

I presume by ‘Magic Grandad’ you mean Jeremy Corbyn?

Can you provide a reliable source for his anti- semitism?

The Forde report would be a good place to start.

Oh, I forgot, they haven’t released that, as it doesn’t say what they hoped it would.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's the Left in this country who hate the Jews!

Indeed.

Whereas the alt-right hate immigrants, Islam, every single LGBTQ+ denomination but particularly the trans people (who were referred to on here by one of our lovely woke-baiters as "fruit of the forest transvestities"), Covid laws, working families, BLM, good governance, honesty, fidelity and protest.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Indeed.

Whereas the alt-right hate immigrants, Islam, every single LGBTQ+ denomination but particularly the trans people (who were referred to on here by one of our lovely woke-baiters as "fruit of the forest transvestities"), Covid laws, working families, BLM, good governance, honesty, fidelity and protest.

You forgot Jews.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here