Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Last night’s Question Time was rather depressing. There was enough evidence from the audience that the clown in charge(not Fiona Bruce) STILL has support from many. Unbelievable but true!

But that is the current situation. They won't engage in discussion about why, because they can't give any sensible reasons and end up feeling bullied, foolish, 'put down', insulted etc when presented with simple facts. But they are 'entitled to their opinion', so they will stick to it because it is 'their right to have an opinion' even though the opinion has been proven to be completely invalid :shrug:

validity
/vəˈlɪdɪti/

noun
the quality of being logically or factually sound; soundness or cogency.
"one might question the validity of our data"

They will simply sit there and seethe, awaiting the chance to economically smash themselves in the face at the next opportunity to vote. Because the only alternative is to admit that they have been taken for mugs for a significant number of years now, and surely a bit (or a lot in some cases) of financial pain for them and their families is far better than that ???

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I thought it was well known that you would be asked about your political views before being invited into the audience. This is from the BBC website as to how they are chosen:-

Question Time selects local audiences which reflect a broad range of political views. People apply to be in the audience for Question Time via the website and by phone and producers get in touch to ask questions on their previous voting record and future voting intentions, whether they have party political membership and also how they voted in the EU Referendum. This is to ensure a range of views are represented in the audience. Occasionally, if production staff feel any group or view is under-represented in the applications, they will promote the programme through relevant local media channels to encourage people to apply.

As with the make-up of the panels, Question Time is aiming to achieve due impartiality in the membership of the audience across the series as a whole, rather than being confined to an exact mathematical formula for each programme. However, particular guidelines will apply during election periods to both panels and audiences.

The problem is you can't control who puts their hand up to comment on the debate. I watch the first few questions last night and when someone banged on about moving on from partygate I would say there was lukewarm applause suggesting most didn't agree!

Well quite. Wouldn't be much of a debate if everyone on there had the same opinion. I would have thought that opposition parties would love the chance to find out why Johnson still appears to have strong support amongst the general public. It certainly shouldn't be "cringe" to hear opposing views.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Boris Johnson has pulled out of a major event held by his northern Tory MPs designed to energise supporters and improve the party’s chances of holding on to “red wall” seats at the next election.

No reason was given by Downing Street for Johnson’s non-attendance.

One Tory MP said it was a “big error” for Johnson to pull out.

Tick. Tock.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Still no explanation. Odd.

COVID?

Cowardice?

Simple laziness?

Got a late invite to a bunga bunga party?

His 'violin teacher' had a late cancelation?

Got a summons to meet his Russian handler?

Or Covid, possibly. Unlikely to be that though, as he'd have said so.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s gone to Ukraine

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cowardice?

Simple laziness?

Got a late invite to a bunga bunga party?

His 'violin teacher' had a late cancelation?

Got a summons to meet his Russian handler?

Or Covid, possibly. Unlikely to be that though, as he'd have said so.

Or a photo opportunity in Kyiv...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Boris Johnson has pulled out of a major event held by his northern Tory MPs designed to energise supporters and improve the party’s chances of holding on to “red wall” seats at the next election.

No reason was given by Downing Street for Johnson’s non-attendance.

One Tory MP said it was a “big error” for Johnson to pull out.

Tick. Tock.

The Tory candidate there didn't do himself any favours.

[tweet]1537448702016737280[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
“The cost of living crisis is nothing to do with Brexit” latest

[tweet]1537415189590589446[/tweet]

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
In light of Boris Johnson's trip to Ukraine, a day too late to meet the grown ups, I thought I would post this excellent picture...

johnson pig.jpg

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I have to admit to not drilling down on this story, I just know I hate the policy, it's nasty, vindictive, illegal and entirely non sensical. But, 37, only 37? On a plane that can carry 300? So that's £13,500 per person just for the cost of transportation, put aside all the processing and legal costs. How low can this govt sink?

Priti Patel - "Hold my beer" - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61849433

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
“The cost of living crisis is nothing to do with Brexit” latest

[tweet]1537415189590589446[/tweet]
Whether it is or it isn't to do with Brexit, it needs to be fixed.

Joining the EEA will ease the crisis somewhat.

So there is the solution, right there.

Get a grip, Johnson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here