Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well that's him done if he wasn't before. Booed entering St Pauls and ridiculed by a comedian at the Jubilee Concert.

When it "cuts through" to a Royalist supporting audience there is no going back.

I can hear the party sharpening their knifes.

Lee Mack will be dining off that moment for years.

I thought the gag itself was a bit weak but I guess the power of it is the fact that he made it, rather than in the quality of it.

He should have said something like “welcome to the Platinum Jubilee party! Or ‘work event’ if that makes things easier for you.”

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
[tweet]1533135353472815113[/tweet]

What should be most worrying for the Tories is that Keir Starmer also has very low approval ratings with the local electorate.

Next week is going to be interesting.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
[tweet]1533135353472815113[/tweet]

What should be most worrying for the Tories is that Keir Starmer also has very low approval ratings with the local electorate.

Next week is going to be interesting.

Indeed.

Normally a Labour seat with around a 3k majority but they managed to get that majority up to around 15k during Blair’s ‘97 landslide.

Thatcher missed the constituency by 400 on ‘83 so it was a big a achievement for the Tories to turn the 3k deficit and kick out Mary Creagh. But Johnson attracted ‘those that don’t normally vote’, I wonder if they’ll be supporting him again or thinking that ALL politicians are corrupt and criminal and that they’ll never vote again?

It will be very interesting comparing the result to previous elections.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nope only complete tossers as alternatives.
The first step towards a better country is for Johnson to go.

If we have to go through a couple more tossers before the next decent leader with vision on to how to drag the country off its knees, so be it.

But step 1 is for Johnson to go. The country is falling further and further until he's booted out.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The first step towards a better country is for Johnson to go.

If we have to go through a couple more tossers before the next decent leader with vision on to how to drag the country off its knees, so be it.

But step 1 is for Johnson to go. The country is falling further and further until he's booted out.

Most of the Tory-Tossers will be firmly behind Johnson in any leadership contest. Very few members of the cabinet have the talent to be there under anyone else so we might get someone capable next (assuming the next leader is chosen by the Tory party rather than the electorate).

I think that Tobias Ellwood is very credible, hopefully the Tories don’t realise that before the next election.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Stephen Fry comment will go without much notice, he is openly political and everyone knows where he stands. Many find him particularly annoying as well.

The Lee Mack joke is going to get all the coverage.

The crowd noticed it, because he got cheers for it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought the gag itself was a bit weak but I guess the power of it is the fact that he made it, rather than in the quality of it.

He should have said something like “welcome to the Platinum Jubilee party! Or ‘leaving party' if that makes things easier for you.”

Could have gone horribly wrong.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think that Tobias Ellwood is very credible, hopefully the Tories don’t realise that before the next election.

Elwood has committed the cardinal sin of suggesting being in the single market might be a good idea, no way the swivel-eyed looms in the Tory faithful can back that.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Hannan appears to now be saying the same thing re single market.

In other news. It is blowing my mind how many who normally champion free speech and edgy comedy are losing their minds about Lee mack and Stephen fry. Social media is hilarious. As we have known all along - those championing free speech actually hate free speech unless it is exactly what they think so actually it isn’t free speech is it?

It is hilarious.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Elwood has committed the cardinal sin of suggesting being in the single market might be a good idea, no way the swivel-eyed looms in the Tory faithful can back that.
Ellwood is right though.

EEA membership is the magic silver bullet that will drag the country off its knees.

We need a PM with the vision to see this.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

In other news. It is blowing my mind how many who normally champion free speech and edgy comedy are losing their minds about Lee mack and Stephen fry. Social media is hilarious. As we have known all along - those championing free speech actually hate free speech unless it is exactly what they think so actually it isn’t free speech is it?

It is hilarious.

This. And people who act this way are no better than Russia's propaganda losers.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ellwood is right though.

EEA membership is the magic silver bullet that will drag the country off its knees.

Indeed. It solves the Northern Irish border issue in one swoop. An issue this current administration is not able to deal with because they are always seeking to stoke a culture war and divide people rather than find realistic solutions to the biggest issues.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ellwood is right though.

It would take courage, yes, but sadly it will re-invigorate the swivell-eyed loons and breath new life into the rotting frog carcass of Herr Farrage, and we would be back to the pre-Brexit days of shit-stirring by 'nationalists'.

One thing in its favour is that it would, I suspect, resolve at a stroke, the Norther Ireland problem.

Edit: [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] beat me to it!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It would take courage, yes, but sadly it will re-invigorate the swivell-eyed loons and breath new life into the rotting frog carcass of Herr Farrage, and we would be back to the pre-Brexit days of shit-stirring by 'nationalists'.

One thing in its favour is that it would, I suspect, resolve at a stroke, the Norther Ireland problem.

Edit: [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] beat me to it!

And the Export costs and paperwork that are taking British businesses down daily, and JRM's 'Act of self harm' Import controls which we daren't implement, and the majority of other issues introduced by Johnson's 'Great Brexit Deal with a border in the Irish Sea'.

I can't imagine what's stopping us :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It is hilarious.

Luckily I don't read toss, but I did a quick check on what was said. Lee Mack....gosh, that's nothing. The Daily Mirror describes this as 'hilarious' :facepalm:. Extraordinary that the Broflakes are up in arms at that, if so. As for Fry, gosh....praises queen for tolerating prime ministers....how dare he!

I may be slightly amused to read some of the broflake outrage about these disgraceful left wing anarchists, if anyone cares to post. I'm unwilling to personally dig around in the broflake echo chamber (or '**** tank' as it's sometimes known), however.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here