Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Watching this afternoon’s pageant thing, I did enjoy Claire Balding saying “some serious political points to be made too” while the ABBA music was playing…

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
She is almost there though.

“Much has also rightly changed in Downing Street since all this came to light - much of it importantly driven by the PM himself. This is absolutely vital to respond to and I, like many across the country, know this must be fully delivered upon. The House of Commons Privileges Committee will now decide if the Prime Minister intentionally misled Parliament. We will all await this important process, and he has said he will not shy away from all it entails. The PM has admitted he should have done better, taken responsibility and is striving to show this in action. He and our Party working together have to use every sinew to turn this around.

So, after taking stock, I am in no doubt we have a very significant mountain to climb to fix this and all eyes are on this action and what the plan is. I know the Prime Minister is fully committed to doing so; we saw that in the announcements in supporting the most vulnerable once again in weathering this very financially difficult storm.”

I thought the following para interesting

“ For some people this is not enough and they wish to see him go. The No 10 team know this erosion of trust must be fixed and that my constituents and myself will be looking to see this happening urgently. We have a chance to show our integrity and change these views. Our Party and this country will not wait for this much longer.”

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Seems to good to be true. Has that document been verified?

I wondered that, I'd imagine the political editor of the Politics Home has done his homework.

Quite interesting bit of analysis regarding "There are very little votes on our right to squeeze..".

The Government has walked backwards blind fold into a populist right wing cul-de-sac and doesn't know the way out.

I read something quite telling the other day about Corbyn, where you he could suggest actually quite "popular" policies (free broadband, nationalising utilities) but have the opposite effect of toxifying the "brand".

That's where they find themselves.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Chris Mason on BBC news just saying he’s spent the day on the phone to Conservative parliamentarians from Cabinet level downwards and his analysis from those calls is that Johnson is “in considerable danger”

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
She is almost there though.

“Much has also rightly changed in Downing Street since all this came to light - much of it importantly driven by the PM himself. This is absolutely vital to respond to and I, like many across the country, know this must be fully delivered upon. The House of Commons Privileges Committee will now decide if the Prime Minister intentionally misled Parliament. We will all await this important process, and he has said he will not shy away from all it entails. The PM has admitted he should have done better, taken responsibility and is striving to show this in action. He and our Party working together have to use every sinew to turn this around.

So, after taking stock, I am in no doubt we have a very significant mountain to climb to fix this and all eyes are on this action and what the plan is. I know the Prime Minister is fully committed to doing so; we saw that in the announcements in supporting the most vulnerable once again in weathering this very financially difficult storm.”
May I quote Brooks,Mel " Strewth, you use your tongue prettier than a 40 dollar whore"

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Chris Mason on BBC news just saying he’s spent the day on the phone to Conservative parliamentarians from Cabinet level downwards and his analysis from those calls is that Johnson is “in considerable danger”

.. and very complicated danger, although some fruit loops are trying to spin it as "remainers".

He's managed to piss off colleagues who want the Government to do more about the cost of living.

He's managed to piss off colleagues who want to Government to do less about the cost of living.

He's managed to piss off colleagues who thought he wasn't lock downy enough.

He's managed to piss off colleagues who thought he too lock downy.

Some of the ERG have asked for him to resign, others still queue up to kiss his ring.

It says as much about the broad coalition / fractured Conservative Party more than anything else, but retrospectively I think they've come to the conclusion he isn't the great winner they thought he was, when all he has ever come against is a very damaged Livingstone and 70s throw back Corbyn.

The two un-investigated parties in Downing Street and Lee Mack haven't helped though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A few zingers in this review of the potential leadership contenders. Whatever happened to political heavyweights?

https://twitter.com/RussInCheshire/status/1533441926363504640?t=wrg_L0aMdYlgJCbG2l_N-Q&s=19

It's how the ended up with Johnson in the first place. It was always a marriage of convenience. So bereft of talent and full of oddballs, they ended up electing a "winner" whose first claim to fame was defeating a hugely damaged Livingstone.

His second was beating Corbyn.

Nadine Dorries is Culture Minister, I repeat Nadine Dorries is Culture Minister.

Deep down for the party's sake the sensible know they need a complete re-build and purge, probably in opposition.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
It's how the ended up with Johnson in the first place. It was always a marriage of convenience. So bereft of talent and full of oddballs, they ended up electing a "winner" whose first claim to fame was defeating a hugely damaged Livingstone.

His second was beating Corbyn.

Nadine Dorries is Culture Minister, I repeat Nadine Dorries is Culture Minister.

Deep down for the party's sake the sensible know they need a complete re-build and purge, probably in opposition.
This is why I hope to save his skin, he calls an election. Not because I'm a Labour supporter, but because the Tories have gotten lazy and just assume they're winning. Losing a general election could actually be the best thing for them.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going back to bed. :lolol:

FUdz7iMWAAEJlWh.jpeg

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Typical lefty snowlflayke re maniac nonsense about the crowds booing our Boris on Saturday. If Nadine Doris said they we’re cheering that’s good enough for me

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”.
George Orwell, 1984

Regards

DF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Another letter has gone in this morning, Jesse Norman, MP for Hereford and South Herefordshire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here