Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think the most likely conclusion is broadcasters lowered the audio on the live feed very quickly for fear of broadcasting swearing pre-watershed.

The recorded footage is presented "as is".

Agree

Edit. Maybe. Not a hugely sweary crowd traditionally though. Unless some came specifically to need Johnson.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
[tweet]1532778456072732672[/tweet]

And is response the Times have tweeted a poll.

[tweet]1532792418063491073[/tweet]

I could only hear cheering, I suppose if you guys want to keep looking for negatives you find what you want.
I can't believe how much time people have wasted on this thread getting angry......let.......it...go.

You are Nadine Dorries and I claim my £5

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's been cleared up by Twitter.

Since Sadiq Khan was apparently cheered, it must have been the same radical communist snowflakes booing the PM.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You could not hear no booing?

That's called selective hearing my friend. The country hate him and there are only a few of you that support him.

No one will let it go untill the pleb is gone.

He’s trolling. I’d advise ignore

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I could only hear cheering, I suppose if you guys want to keep looking for negatives you find what you want.
I can't believe how much time people have wasted on this thread getting angry......let.......it...go.

Thanks for the advice mate, but we'll do what we want if that's ok.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

:lolol:

I see lying blatantly runs in the party and its supporters. Or is it stupidity? Or both?

I suppose that famous left wing, woke cesspit The Times is lying?

You'll be the last man standing, fellating BoJo while even Rees-Mogg stabs him in the back.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just watching last night's BGT on catch up. A 14 year old girl with cerebral palsy has just roasted Johnson and The Dots, a "comedy" girl group came on in Carrie hats. Probably the most traditional and conservative talent show, to find someone to perform for The Queen, is laughing at the country's leader. This isn't Spitting Image or HIGNFY.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I see lying blatantly runs in the party and its supporters. Or is it stupidity? Or both?

I suppose that famous left wing, woke cesspit The Times is lying?

You'll be the last man standing, fellating BoJo while even Rees-Mogg stabs him in the back.

That's a bit harsh! I genuinely believe Mouldy can hear cheers. :shrug:

Still....confirmation bias is a sweet and seductive mistress.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
[tweet]1532778456072732672[/tweet]

And is response the Times have tweeted a poll.

[tweet]1532792418063491073[/tweet]

Further down the thread

Tom Payne
[MENTION=14113]tom[/MENTION]EPPayne
'Who stands for hours to watch royals attend a thanksgiving service? Primarily people who respect tradition, enjoy pageantry, feel positive about British institutions ... A Tory PM should be worried about being booed by people like that.'

I make this right.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just watching last night's BGT on catch up. A 14 year old girl with cerebral palsy has just roasted Johnson and The Dots, a "comedy" girl group came on in Carrie hats. Probably the most traditional and conservative talent show, to find someone to perform for The Queen, is laughing at the country's leader. This isn't Spitting Image or HIGNFY.

I'm really enjoying this. The dilemma among tory MPs - "should we brazen it out in supporting Johnson, knowing that a growing proportion of tories think he's fit for mockery, or should we stab him in the back before it gets too......oh, it's already too late . . . . so shall we just brazen it out or . . . .oh it's too late for that too" :facepalm:

Let them eat soap.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Further down the thread

Tom Payne
'Who stands for hours to watch royals attend a thanksgiving service? Primarily people who respect tradition, enjoy pageantry, feel positive about British institutions ... A Tory PM should be worried about being booed by people like that.'

I make this right.

97+% for cheering!

Just kidding.

Boris would choose Carrie as his second and then promote her to fighter. The bloke's literally only interested in surviving the next five minutes.

Yup, the fat messy lazy cowardly bungle**** would be found in the nearest fridge given JRM's outstanding marksmanship of 19th century shooters..

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Further down the thread

Tom Payne

I make this right.

97+% for cheering!

Just kidding. Its the other way round.

Boris would choose Carrie as his second and then promote her to fighter. The bloke's literally only interested in surviving the next five minutes.

Yup, the fat messy lazy cowardly bungle**** would be found in the nearest fridge given JRM's outstanding marksmanship of 19th century shooters..

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

I am not surprised... you are 'Right behind Boris', aren't you, so you hear only what you are predisposed to hear.

It doesn't matter anyway; the man has completely disgraced the high office he snatched - and more and more people are recognising that, even if you never do....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm afraid this is all fantasy.

As previously posted the 1922 Committee Grey Suits have to decide if his time has come.

And at the moment it hasn't.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

As previously posted the 1922 Committee Grey Suits have to decide if his time has come.

Well as he's likely to win that vote (but today won't help), there is always the electorate.

The party are in clear need of a reboot and that's usually done in opposition. It invariably takes them a decade to recover, usually by shifting to extremes and making their way back.

However I'm not sure how much more to the extremes this one can go. In the medium term they are in trouble.

As the bulk of the electorate slowly move back to the centre, I don't see who can bring them back.

That person could be Johnson (he will shift anywhere) but look at what/who he has surrounded himself with.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I have a gut feeling the 54 votes were in on Tuesday.
Announcement this coming Monday or Tuesday.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I have a gut feeling the 54 votes were in on Tuesday.
Announcement this coming Monday or Tuesday.

Although I doubt it will happen, let's just hope they are in, he loses the vote of confidence and all those who are still 'right behind Boris' leave when he does......that would be a great day for the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here