Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Daily Mail accusing BBC of doctoring videos to enhance the boos.

Oh do **** off Mail. You papery ****.

This is “Alternative Facts” at the Trump inauguration territory.

D

Deleted member 2719

Booed on the way out too.

[tweet]1532711361368965121[/tweet]

I could only hear cheering, I suppose if you guys want to keep looking for negatives you find what you want.
I can't believe how much time people have wasted on this thread getting angry......let.......it...go.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Daily Mail accusing BBC of doctoring videos to enhance the boos.

Oh do **** off Mail. You papery ****.

I think the most likely conclusion is broadcasters lowered the audio on the live feed very quickly for fear of broadcasting swearing pre-watershed.

The recorded footage is presented "as is".

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I could only hear cheering, I suppose if you guys want to keep looking for negatives you find what you want.
I can't believe how much time people have wasted on this thread getting angry......let.......it...go.

bungle****..............has...............to.....................go

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
You could not hear no booing?

That's called selective hearing my friend. The country hate him and there are only a few of you that support him.

No one will let it go untill the pleb is gone.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

It’s jeering and not cheating mouldy …easy mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

A little bit of cheering right at the end, maybe for the next ones out. Maybe listen to the first 75% of it again?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think the most likely conclusion is broadcasters lowered the audio on the live feed very quickly for fear of broadcasting swearing pre-watershed.

A commentator ('conservative home'?) on radio 5 earlier today suggested that they weren't really booing Johnson, "They were just caught up in the moment, rather like at panto". Someone else said it was disgraceful for people to bring politics into such an important national day.
:facepalm:

The answer to that, I would suggest, given that the booers were there to see the queen and hardly represent the republican left, Johnson should have stayed at home and not brought politics (himself) to the celebration.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Prime Ministers get booed, politicians get booed, some unfortunately like Prescott get punched.

So no great surprise there especially for a divisive character such as Johnson.

What's new in politics is this weird hyper loyalty and the almost romantic / sexual type devotion exhibited above.

One that leads to conspiracy theory hunting when the news presents something disagreed with.

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

Are you aware that Specsavers now do hearing aids? I'm sure there's probably a discount code I could find you to get a free hearing check if you'd like?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

A commentator ('conservative home'?) on radio 5 earlier today suggested that they weren't really booing Johnson, "They were just caught up in the moment, rather like at panto". Someone else said it was disgraceful for people to bring politics into such an important national day.
:facepalm:

The answer to that, I would suggest, given that the booers were there to see the queen and hardly represent the republican left, Johnson should have stayed at home and not brought politics (himself) to the celebration.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
[tweet]1532778456072732672[/tweet]

And is response the Times have tweeted a poll.

[tweet]1532792418063491073[/tweet]

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
When my FIL (who has always voted Conservative) says he can't stand the sight of Boris anymore and if there was a GE tomorrow he'd vote Labour, you have to hope his time is limited (Boris, not FIL).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure how sniggering at the downfall of Johnson represents anger, but hey ho, I'll let it go.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Do you think it does you any favours to blatantly lie?

The booing is clearly audible to anyone.

A BJ Boy, through and through....sad, really.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Absolute nonsense.

If you look closely, you can clearly see Matt Kuchar strolling past for a sausage roll in the background.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here