Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Some nice racks on show.

Oh and yeah, nothing will happen over this.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, it looks like 101 or 98 Tories voted against their government. That's a substantial rebellion. Once voting against your government starts, it rarely stops.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Did Armanda Iannucci write this series of The Government?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
4522A399-6D5D-4122-BA54-3B56E36A50BB.jpeg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59657361

A former Conservative mayoral candidate who attended a Covid regulation-breaching Christmas party has quit as chair of a police and crime committee.
He remains a member of the committee.

One rule for them,……

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The party was on the 14th Dec, not the 20th.

Which party ? There were 10 at the last count.

This was the Mayoral one which they fessed up on a few days ago. They couldn't get away with it because it got out of hand some aides had already been disciplined.

Classy of Bailey to resign only after the picture came out.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Clamidia: Tarks !!! Why did you sell that picture to the Mirror, I'm in soooo much trouble with Daddy, Bobo has been on the phone.

Tarquin: I'm so sorry darling, but they agreed to pay me offshore.

Clamidia: Oh well done Tarks !! Boxing day round mine with the gang again ?

Tarquin: -x- hugs -x-

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It remember, the Metropolitan Police say there’s absolutely no evidence any of this happened. None at all.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It remember, the Metropolitan Police say there’s absolutely no evidence any of this happened. None at all.

Well to be fair, this one isn't being investigated and is separate from the rest. It was dealt with it "in house" and some were disciplined ages ago.

This one definitely was a party and they haven't said it wasn't.

Not much do with number ten either. They didn't really support Bailey because he was awful and the PM really doesn't want a Tory as London Mayor does he ?

Bailey is classless waiting for the picture to come out and the Tory GLA statement says it all:

'He does not want an unauthorised social gathering involving some former members of the London mayoral campaign team last December to distract from the Committee's important work holding the Mayor of London to account.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Which party ? There were 10 at the last count.

This was the Mayoral one which they fessed up on a few days ago. They couldn't get away with it because it got out of hand some aides had already been disciplined.

Classy of Bailey to resign only after the picture came out.

I thought the party that the picture was taken at, according to the Mirror was the one on the 14th.

Of course, Bailey could have been at several 'gatherings'!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I thought the party that the picture was taken at, according to the Mirror was the one on the 14th.

Of course, Bailey could have been at several 'gatherings'!!

Posted above. Tory HQ knew about this one at the time. Some damage was done apparently.

It's def the London Mayoral one because the man at the back is one the Candy brothers and he has already fessed up.

Three things though - now I've thought about it.

1) It was held at Tory HQ
2) They've knew about it, but only disciplined a few suggested that was for something else and not breaking rules.
3) Shaun Bailey was allowed to carry on as the candidate, although they knew (and his team) had broken the rules.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
On a more general note, this drip feed of leaked info is surely and inside attempt to undermine Johnson. How much more info will the Mirror be releasing over the next few days.

In some respects it reminds me of 24 hours in Police Custody. Undertake an interview and give the accused just enough rope to hang themselves and when they've given their reasons, more evidence to contradict it is released at the next interview and so and so on. Death by a 1000 cuts.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
On a more general note, this drip feed of leaked info is surely and inside attempt to undermine Johnson. How much more info will the Mirror be releasing over the next few days.

In some respects it reminds me of 24 hours in Police Custody. Undertake an interview and give the accused just enough rope to hang themselves and when they've given their reasons, more evidence to contradict it is released at the next interview and so and so on. Death by a 1000 cuts.
Yes and quite a nice anecdote to those complaining "but why did it take a year to come out.." ?

Best ask those there with an invite and a smart phone.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here