Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So. Top left.

Is that a bin bag covering a CCTV camera?
Looks like a shoddy attempt to cover a camera, surely police in No10 would know if there is a camera there and wonder why it might be covered up? Even Hancock forgot to cover the camera in his office!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good article that sums things up pretty well…….

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/08/boris-johnson-may-not-recover-double-covid-catastrophe/

Extract :

There is an overpowering fin-de-regime stench emanating from Downing Street that can no longer be ignored. Why do all governments end up taking their voters for fools? Why do they feel that they have the right to break the rules that the rest of us must follow? That senior advisers chose to party at a time when the rest of the country was in a traumatic Christmas lockdown betrays an appalling lack of judgment, but it is their shocking sense of superiority, the sneering elitism and the subsequent lies that are most angering voters.

I feel sorry for Allegra Stratton, who is taking the rap for others’ failings, but she did the right thing in resigning. Yet it won’t be enough: the Government’s incompetence and moral failings are a toxic combination that have cut through. The Partygate video featuring officials joking about wine and cheese was an almost perfect encapsulation of everything the public hates about the political class, and will be devastating for the Government, especially as it comes at the very moment Boris Johnson is proposing to impose new restrictions on our freedoms.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cutbacks from when Labour spent all the world's money :nono:

I'm beginning to get your sense of humour now.

Right, I'll have a go....

Everything went wrong when the communist 'labour' party created the NHS. What were they thinking? ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good article that sums things up pretty well…….

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/08/boris-johnson-may-not-recover-double-covid-catastrophe/

Extract :

There is an overpowering fin-de-regime stench emanating from Downing Street that can no longer be ignored. Why do all governments end up taking their voters for fools? Why do they feel that they have the right to break the rules that the rest of us must follow? That senior advisers chose to party at a time when the rest of the country was in a traumatic Christmas lockdown betrays an appalling lack of judgment, but it is their shocking sense of superiority, the sneering elitism and the subsequent lies that are most angering voters.

I feel sorry for Allegra Stratton, who is taking the rap for others’ failings, but she did the right thing in resigning. Yet it won’t be enough: the Government’s incompetence and moral failings are a toxic combination that have cut through. The Partygate video featuring officials joking about wine and cheese was an almost perfect encapsulation of everything the public hates about the political class, and will be devastating for the Government, especially as it comes at the very moment Boris Johnson is proposing to impose new restrictions on our freedoms.

Why do all governments end up taking their voters for fools?

Not exactly a stinging condemnation of de Pfeffel.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why do all governments end up taking their voters for fools?

Not exactly a stinging condemnation of de Pfeffel.

Have you not spotted certain posters on NSC opining that 'all governments are the same'?

I think they are hoping the disgusted element of the elecorate will slink off, newly cynical, allowing them to make their sneaky tory-till-I-die vote effectively count double at the next election. ???

It's a plan, certainly :shrug:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
For the bazillionth time - but I don't care.

Chl 4 sent 4 groups of nationals on a free holiday.
The resort was rigged with secret cameras and adversity, Inc a couple of people in on it.
Throughout the week the issues became greater, fueled by the plants.

One rues was 'how will they deal with a queue jumper?'

They all went according to plan except the UK holiday.
The plants in the group couldn't queue jump, despite working for the production company they just couldn't physically jump a queue. :lol:

Oh and for the record, all stereotypes where met:-

Japan - quiet withdrawn and insular.
Germany - practical.
USA - pig headed, patriotic but a bit simple.
UK...

...smashed, absolutely w@nkered, for the whole holiday.
Had a great time, didn't even care when all the staff left overnight on the last evening.

I remember that programme, although slightly differently to you. The Japanese surprised everyone by not being as quiet and insular as you say.
I do remember the queue jumping bit but also remember the brits just sitting on their arses waiting for someone to show up and make their breakfast for them when the staff disappeared.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have you not spotted certain posters on NSC opining that 'all governments are the same'?

I think they are hoping the disgusted element of the elecorate will slink off, newly cynical, allowing them to make their sneaky tory-till-I-die vote effectively count double at the next election. ???

It's a plan, certainly :shrug:

Not so sure - I think this lot have had it…….toxicity goes way too deep (by the time all the pics and stories are out there will be a list as long as your arm of impacted ministers) to have a bit of a ‘cleanse’, replace a few and hope it all dies down……

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not so sure - I think this lot have had it…….toxicity goes way to deep (by the time all the pics and stories are out there will be a lust as long as your arm of impacted ministers) to have a bit of a ‘cleanse’, replace a few and hope it all dies down……

Quite. I was commenting on the sneaky efforts of the 'put a blue rosette on a pig and I'll vote for it' brigade. Politicians are very certainly not all the same. Hopefully there are sufficient disgusted tories with some reach who can pull us back from the brink.

Despite being a labour member I would rather see an internal tory coup and Johnson the liar replaced by someone prepared to drain the tory cabinet swamp and who may actually win the next general election, than see this current oaf cling on, only to be crushed by Starmer in 3 years. Country first, for me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quite. I was commenting on the sneaky efforts of the 'put a blue rosette on a pig and I'll vote for it' brigade. Politicians are very certainly not all the same. Hopefully there are sufficient disgusted tories with some reach who can pull us back from the brink.

Despite being a labour member I would rather see an internal tory coup and Johnson the liar replaced by someone prepared to drain the tory cabinet swamp and who may actually win the next general election, than see this current oaf cling on, only to be crushed by Starmer in 3 years. Country first, for me.

Increasingly looks like he has ‘lost the dressing room’ so we can hope………

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's a dead man walking. You have to understand the particular psyche of middle England when it comes to this kind of thing. You can lie, insult, cheat and feather your own nest, but if you make rules for them and then don't abide by them yourself, you'll be considered as bad as a queue jumper, the worst sin an Englishman can commit. They will never trust him with anything ever again. The Tory party loves an Ides of March and quite a lot of them never liked him in the first place. His seemingly limitless personal ambition may see him hang around for a little bit, but he is gone, absolutely no doubt.

Yeah... I think in six months you will still have Boris in charge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here