Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Could not give a **** that at Easter the archbishop has said this is "the opposite of the nature of God",

Seriously?........get some ****ing perspective on the nature of your God you ****ing hypocrites..

Its fine to drown the whole planet bar a handful on an ark, just dandy to allow 250,000 to drown in a tsunami, no second thought when killing thousands every year in earthquakes. God invented diseases that kill children. God cures people apparently if you prey hard enough……..but that doesn’t include amputees.
WTF. Own your ***** imaginary God but please don’t try and preach some sort of moral high ground.

I'm an athiest, but that's bang out of order.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Worst crop of politicians in my lifetime on every side.

Every side of the government benches.

I'm not yet ready to throw stones at labour or the libdems.

When you have a mad ape throwing his shit around in the kitchen, it would be wrong to chastise the bewildered cat and dog, cowering under the stairs.

In this country we hand over everything to the lucky majority for 5 years, and whatever happens in that time, it's down to them alone.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When the Archbishop of Canterbury uses his Easter message to question the Rwanda policy, and then Jacob Rees-Mogg decides to shoot the messenger, you know this is getting serious.

This whole Rwanda thing is bigger than partygate. It is so ill-conceived and ill-judged, it has the capacity to bring down the government.

The government have SERIOUSLY misjudged this one. I am pessimistic that it will bring down this mob but it’s going to bring them very close.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The government have SERIOUSLY misjudged this one. I am pessimistic that it will bring down this mob but it’s going to bring them very close.

To a certain extent Governments with a large majority can get away with what they like, but this is weird one.

This current administration are acting like end of days, no core philosophy, no long term plan and desperate to appeal to their core vote to shore up support. Quite happy to piss as many people off as they please.

There are on a path (as history tells us) to be out of power for a decade or more.

Having witnessed the complete collapse of sensible with Labour and their subsequent laboured crawl back to the centre, you'd think that with Johnson at the helm (actually quite centrist in his views) he would sense that doing the same would cement their future.

Unfortunately the Conservatives currently are a marriage on convenience with a very weak leader pandering to the extreme wing.

I'm not sure when they will implode, but it will happen.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Could not give a **** that at Easter the archbishop has said this is "the opposite of the nature of God",

Seriously?........get some ****ing perspective on the nature of your God you ****ing hypocrites..

Its fine to drown the whole planet bar a handful on an ark, just dandy to allow 250,000 to drown in a tsunami, no second thought when killing thousands every year in earthquakes. God invented diseases that kill children. God cures people apparently if you prey hard enough……..but that doesn’t include amputees.
WTF. Own your ***** imaginary God but please don’t try and preach some sort of moral high ground.

Yes, the world isn’t perfect and Sh1t happens.

I’ve never believed that God will cure things if you pray hard enough,

This is about how you treat people - the victims of the tsunamis, the earthquakes, the wars.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You don’t like him I take it?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Every side of the government benches.

I'm not yet ready to throw stones at labour or the libdems.

When you have a mad ape throwing his shit around in the kitchen, it would be wrong to chastise the bewildered cat and dog, cowering under the stairs.

In this country we hand over everything to the lucky majority for 5 years, and whatever happens in that time, it's down to them alone.
I agree, these are genuinely strange times,we are stuck with an awful government stripped of all talent, conscience and honesty. The opposition leaders call out Johnson for his lies in Parliament on a regular basis, but, are hamstrung by a Speaker who seems unable to enforce Johnson to either answer a question or retract a lie.

Starmer and Blackford have repeatedly highlighted the lies and ineptitude that have cost this country 170,000 lives, countless Billions of Pounds, our standing in the world and the trade and benefits lost for generations by Brexit.

And to think that we thought Theresa May badly led the Cobservative Party and Government just a few short years ago. Sadly now there is not only Johnson happily smirking as he lies, but a whole ministerial layer that will happily defend the indefensible and ignore morality and the truth.

I'm praying that the May Council elections will show that people have had enough.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When the Archbishop of Canterbury uses his Easter message to question the Rwanda policy, and then Jacob Rees-Mogg decides to shoot the messenger, you know this is getting serious.

This whole Rwanda thing is bigger than partygate. It is so ill-conceived and ill-judged, it has the capacity to bring down the government.

Did you not learn anything from Donny across the pond?

Or for that matter the everything that's happened since de Pfeffel won the election.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It also emerged this morning that not only will we be paying the Rwandan government to take our refugees, part of the deal is that we also take a percentage of refugees from Rwanda :lolol::facepalm:

It really is just a fake scheme to garner hard right votes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s down to their voters as well.

In the wider context, of course. But inside parliament?

I was responding to a post blaming the opposition as equally responsible.

"Worst crop of politicians in my lifetime on every side." [MENTION=865]clapham_gull[/MENTION]

Nonsense.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Convicted Criminal Boris Johnson has overestimated what people will forgive him. I think he is closer than ever before to ah jug to resign.
Some very senior and respected figures are condemning him, Sunak and Patel on the radio and television this morning. I actually think he may be a goner.

But convicted criminal Boris Johnson seems to have infinite lives.

Sunak and Patel :rolleyes:......go figure , we all know these sorts of decisions are made by the home office , having said that i would say that transporting Asylum seekers to Kigali for "processing " would have to be one of the most ludicrous and outlandish proposals to surface in the modern era , i mean i don't know what the answer is but this isn't it :shrug:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It also emerged this morning that not only will we be paying the Rwandan government to take our refugees, part of the deal is that we also take a percentage of refugees from Rwanda :lolol::facepalm:

It really is just a fake scheme to garner hard right votes.

A totally bonkers and immoral scheme in my opinion.
I really do think that the plot has been lost by those who dreamt up this shitshow of a policy.???

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Did you not learn anything from Donny across the pond?

Or for that matter the everything that's happened since de Pfeffel won the election.

Nah, this has got nowt to do with Trump and his wall. This is about geography and the compulsory deportation of asylum seekers in return for £120 million of taxpayers' money, thereby not impacting anyone in the cabinet.

Rwanda is 6000 miles or 10,000 km away. Between us and Rwanda lies the Sahara Desert. Will refugees make it back to Britain with no money after being deported to Rwanda?

Mauritania did come in with a cheaper bid of £100 million, but the head berber held his hand up and said he couldn't guarantee the health of asylum seekers for more than 24 hours, on account of there not being first world benefits or healthcare. Patel liked the sound of this until a civil servant stuck a map in front of her. Too close to Britain she concluded. The asylum seekers could return to Britain before the next general election. Not good visuals.

The BBC has already made a block booking at the Kigali Marriott Hotel in anticipation of years of reports on neglect, abuse and worse of the asylum seekers we will be dumping there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Accidentally ambushed by a cake? More likely, actively encouraged the boozing.

[tweet]1515817226972061698[/tweet]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

And, as your post ably demonstrates, a **** is still just a **** regardless of whether they follow a theology :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's a direct result of Br***t, that referendum was truly a tipping point for us, very sad.

I think you're completely mistaken. I can't possibly see how backing Johnson's various campaigns over the last few years has got us to where we are :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nah, this has got nowt to do with Trump and his wall. This is about geography and the compulsory deportation of asylum seekers in return for £120 million of taxpayers' money, thereby not impacting anyone in the cabinet.

Rwanda is 6000 miles or 10,000 km away. Between us and Rwanda lies the Sahara Desert. Will refugees make it back to Britain with no money after being deported to Rwanda?

Mauritania did come in with a cheaper bid of £100 million, but the head berber held his hand up and said he couldn't guarantee the health of asylum seekers for more than 24 hours, on account of there not being first world benefits or healthcare. Patel liked the sound of this until a civil servant stuck a map in front of her. Too close to Britain she concluded. The asylum seekers could return to Britain before the next general election. Not good visuals.

The BBC has already made a block booking at the Kigali Marriott Hotel in anticipation of years of reports on neglect, abuse and worse of the asylum seekers we will be dumping there.
Trump lurched and leered from one political clusterf**k to the next and was completely teflon.
Anyone of his actions would have bought down the previous 44 presidents but he slide his way to a full term.

de Pfeffel is doing exactly the same.
He's going to lie cheat and con his way to a full term, nothing is now so big it will "bring down this government".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here