Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1515580641403879424[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Convicted Criminal Boris Johnson has overestimated what people will forgive him. I think he is closer than ever before to ah jug to resign.
Some very senior and respected figures are condemning him, Sunak and Patel on the radio and television this morning. I actually think he may be a goner.

But convicted criminal Boris Johnson seems to have infinite lives.

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Nothing illegal about offering free transport to migrant processing centres in fact its very generous, I personally would introduce a interest free loan scheme so the cost of the transport could be paid back over an unlimited time line, this could be extended directly to migrant camps in Northern France so that migrants do not have to pay their fee to people smugglers before they can take advantage of the interest free travel to Rwanda thus enabling them to make a savings of up to £3000 per migrant

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This Rwanda solution, if it ever comes to pass will just lead to even more desperate people finding more and more dangerous way to avoid detection.

It will very likely have the opposite effect to what convicted criminal, Boris Johnson and Priti Patel are trying to convince the more Brexity/racist types of. And well they know it.

Even fewer people will hand themselves in to the authorities for fear of being transported to the colonies. Instead they will find ways to disappear and take bigger risks to avoid detection.

It will undoubtedly lead to more vulnerable unregistered immigrants, open to sexual and financial exploitation, violence, survival sex, criminal engagement and coercion. It will not stop people coming.

The Tory’s will have yet more blood on their hands. “Let the bodies pile high”..

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This Rwanda solution, if it ever comes to pass will just lead to even more desperate people finding more and more dangerous way to avoid detection.

It will very likely have the opposite effect to what convicted criminal, Boris Johnson and Priti Patel are trying to convince the more Brexity/racist types of. And well they know it.

Even fewer people will hand themselves in to the authorities for fear of being transported to the colonies. Instead they will find ways to disappear and take bigger risks to avoid detection.

It will undoubtedly lead to more vulnerable unregistered immigrants, open to sexual and financial exploitation, violence and coercion. It will not stop people coming.

The Tory’s will have yet more blood on their hands. “Let the bodies pile high”..
It is a phenomenal waste of money as well.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Boris Johnson's fine for breaching lockdown rules is the "most severe constitutional crisis involving a prime minister", a historian has said.

History of government expert Lord Hennessy told the BBC Mr Johnson had "broken the law", "misled Parliament" and "shredded the ministerial code."

He also said Mr Johnson had turned his position into "an adventure playground for his narcissistic vanity".

Mr Johnson is the first serving PM to be sanctioned for breaking the law.

Speaking after news of the fine was announced, the PM said people "had the right to expect better" from him.

Mr Johnson has since said it "did not occur" to him at the time that the "brief" gathering in the Cabinet Room to mark his birthday in June 2020 could be in contravention of Covid lockdown rules.

He is known to have attended at least two further events of the 12 being investigated by police, meaning he could be fined again.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I think it’s different for Tory’s.
Perhaps, but since the resignation of Dick, things seemingly have been going against them, for example Partygate. Which to begin with wasn't going to be investigated at all.

If the Met now have a chip on their shoulder the MP in question should be worried

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think it’s important to acknowledge that immigrants will not be going to Rwanda to be processed for U.K. asylum status and then be returning to the U.K.

They are being sent to Rwanda to be processed for asylum in Rwanda. They will not be allowed to return to the U.K.

What is this? Well, it’s nothing less than finding a way to deport immigrants without due process. Which is why it is not going to hold up in court. At present there is no legal way for the Tory’s to execute this plan. So it’s highly unlikely to proceed.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think it’s important to acknowledge that immigrants will not be going to Rwanda to be processed for U.K. asylum status and then be returning to the U.K.

They are being sent to Rwanda to be processed for asylum in Rwanda. They will not be allowed to return to the U.K.

What is this? Well, it’s nothing less than finding a way to deport immigrants without due process. Which is why it is not going to hold up in court. At present there is no legal way for the Tory’s to execute this plan. So it’s highly unlikely to proceed.

Yep it is just another 'culture war' to stoke up the blue rince brigade into voting for them at the local elections.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yep it is just another 'culture war' to stoke up the blue rince brigade into voting for them at the local elections.

I think hordes of traditional Tories will be horrified at the idea of the whole Rwanda thing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think hordes of traditional Tories will be horrified at the idea of the whole Rwanda thing.

Some of my friends who are long established members of the Tory party and have represented them in the past, are absolutely furious at the complete lack of backbone and morals now being shown by their MP's and fellow party members. They really can't believe that they are in this situation.

Mind you, they have always been fully aware of the convicted criminal Johnson's history and what he stood for since long before he was London Mayor and would never have voted for him or anything he backed or campaigned for in a month of Sundays :nono:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Darth Mogg inferring that he knows better about ethics than the Archbishop of Canterbury. He’s got some neck, that ****.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Perjury is sentenced by up to seven years in prison.

As I understand it, it's not perjury, it's the judge saying he doesn't believe a word of it.
As an example, if you said, under oath, that you didn't go through a gate, you jumped over a 10 foot high wall, everyone would know it was untrue. If there was film of you going through the gate it becomes perjury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here