Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
True. They have already withdrawn plans to recall parliament over the possible use of chemical weapons because they didn't want to answer any questions about the fines. They are arguing that the lying criminal has to stay because he has to deal with the war, when the facts show that he can't deal with the war because he is politically compromised. We all know that he is done. He has no moral authority and cannot lead the nation. His career is finished, but the country is to suffer a long drawn out removal because it is not yet politically expedient for the Conservative Party to appoint a replacement. None of the potential replacements are less laughable than Johnson was even before this mess. He has always been nothing more than a chancer, only out for himself. That he was elected first as leader of a major party and then by the country leaves an ignoble stain on the history of Britain.
They want him to carry the can for any disastrous May election results in 3 weeks time.

I expect him to be gone within the month.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As you know WZ, it's been publicised simply to get Brexiteers, Red Wall Tories and the hate press back on board and stop talking about Johnson the Criminal.....and guess what ? It worked! Expect the scheme to be quietly dumped as " unworkable " in a couple of months time....that's when there might be another float of bringing back the Death Penalty as another old greatest hit

Indeed.

£120M so a PM can announce a statement of intent between two dodgy Governments is going to be signed and then let the whole thing drop ? It's no wonder we have a cost of living crisis :lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As you know WZ, it's been publicised simply to get Brexiteers, Red Wall Tories and the hate press back on board and stop talking about Johnson the Criminal.....and guess what ? It worked! Expect the scheme to be quietly dumped as " unworkable " in a couple of months time....that's when there might be another float of bringing back the Death Penalty as another old greatest hit

"We're delivering on what the British people want"

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
04F105E6-4B84-4851-9613-E7455E1798F6.jpeg

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Boris called the Rwanda plan "innovative". That's not a word I'd use for ripping off a decades old Australian policy...

I'm not sure when the Australian system came into force but it should be remembered by all on here that the Labour Government 20 years ago were considering David Blunkett's (Home Sec) plan to process all asylum seekers outside of the UK. The plan was eventually dropped after pressure from left wing MP's. Nothing new in this world!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I'm not sure when the Australian system came into force but it should be remembered by all on here that the Labour Government 20 years ago were considering David Blunkett's (Home Sec) plan to process all asylum seekers outside of the UK. The plan was eventually dropped after pressure from left wing MP's. Nothing new in this world!

The original version: 2001.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And then those who are flown back after they have been successfully processed

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

If they are successful, I think I have read they will be offered asylum in……. Rwanda!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And then those who are flown back after they have been successfully processed

There is no intention of processing when they arrive. It's a one way ticket ie. deportation.

In the meantime, the Home Office staff have revealed that Pritti Patel used ministerial direction, without costing or even showing proof of it being a deterrent.

[tweet]1515034858149789699[/tweet]

[tweet]1515252289853747203[/tweet]

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Funny how the gammons cite "wasting" tax payers money as a reason to hate asylum seekers yet you could put them in the Ritz for less than this would cost

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Typical governent minister

Union Flag
Picture of Queen
Completely clueless.....but he does know Rwanda is in Africa

[tweet]1514861024859627524[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Funny how the gammons cite "wasting" tax payers money as a reason to hate asylum seekers yet you could put them in the Ritz for less than this would cost

Funny how there's always money for xenophobia and / or racism.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Priti Patel had to personally approve a scheme to send some asylum seekers from the UK to Rwanda after her officials voiced concern over value for money.

The home secretary issued a rare "ministerial direction" to push through the plans, meaning she takes responsibility for it.

It is only the second time the Home Office has used the power in 30 years.

A union for top civil servants said the plan was "divisive" but officials would have to implement it or leave.

FDA general secretary Dave Penman told BBC News: "Civil servants know their job is to support the government of the day. They sign up for that knowing they might not like what the government does.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Priti Patel had to personally approve a scheme to send some asylum seekers from the UK to Rwanda after her officials voiced concern over value for money.

The home secretary issued a rare "ministerial direction" to push through the plans, meaning she takes responsibility for it.

It is only the second time the Home Office has used the power in 30 years.

A union for top civil servants said the plan was "divisive" but officials would have to implement it or leave.

FDA general secretary Dave Penman told BBC News: "Civil servants know their job is to support the government of the day. They sign up for that knowing they might not like what the government does.

Anyone still talking about Partygate and Johnsons conviction ?......that Rwanda scheme worked well didn't it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here