Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
No I don’t know! Did what? And I’m definitely confused, explain yourself please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't you even know what you did now?

You seemed to at least know that when you last posted. It's getting worse.

Have a quiet afternoon and come back when you are feeling a bit better....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Don't you even know what you did now?

You seemed to at least know that when you last posted. It's getting worse.

Have a quiet afternoon and come back when you are feeling a bit better....

Respectfully please tell me what it is I have done, come on it’s not hard don’t be afraid, I’m all ears

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Respectfully please tell me what it is I have done, come on it’s not hard don’t be afraid, I’m all ears

Respect? I've notice you used that term before but I have never known you actually show it.

Get well soon and then return to the debate...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Call me a sceptic but No 10’s statement they will publish an updated version version by Sue Gray after the Met has finished investigations falls short of saying they will publish the full report as requested in the Commons yesterday and Johnson’s response to numerous questions makes me think that even more.
As I said earlier I don’t think we will ever find out who will get Fixed Notices after the police investigation as it is not normal procedure to publish. This whole saga is becoming a whitewash.

"Beginning" you say? Been a whitewash from the moment Sue Gray was appointed Witchfinder General!

"Concerns about its transparency had already been raised by privacy campaigners through openDemocracy. We revealed that Gray had, in previous roles, helped to block the release of information and shield Number 10 from scrutiny."

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/op...vestigator-stonewalled-transparency-campaign/

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Respect? I've notice you used that term before but I have never known you actually show it.

Get well soon and then return to the debate...

Why don’t you just admit that perhaps I didn’t delete anything and that you might be wrong?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Why don’t you just admit that perhaps I didn’t delete anything and that you might be wrong?

...and now you are have a moment of lucidity; you now seem at least to recall what the original exchange was about. Take your time, more memories will come back to you in time.

Rest for a while and stop running it through your befuddled mind. With respect.... (the same as your use of the word)

D

Deleted member 2719

He has a control, alright. It sits on his right,

You forget that Bercow was a Conservative and is so sickened by what has changed in his party, he left and joined the Labour party.

I know Bercow was a tory, the man has a bitter nature and appears confused with his beliefs in life.

I suppose you have to feel sorry for him.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
...and now you are have a moment of lucidity; you now seem at least to recall what the original exchange was about. Take your time, more memories will come back to you in time.

Rest for a while and stop running it through your befuddled mind for a while. With respect.... (the same as your use of the word)

I haven’t posted anything today that I’ve subsequently deleted, show me where I have please.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Sssssh! Rest now.......

Oh dear you’re being a little vacuous now in your responses, you’ve clearly dug yourself into a bit of a hole and I get your duplicity is as a result of this!

One thing I won’t tolerate is a complete stranger telling me I’m unwell when I’m not, that is very mendacious of you and a little disappointing to be fair.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Oh dear you’re being a little vacuous now in your responses, you’ve clearly dug yourself into a bit of a hole and I get your duplicity is as a result of this!

One thing I won’t tolerate is a complete stranger telling me I’m unwell when I’m not, that is very mendacious of you and a little disappointing to be fair.

Okay then..... sorry to have riled you......

No offence intended.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The “Saville remark” was by the parody account, not the person you think it is [emoji2357]

I will explain once again but v..e..r...y... ....s...l...o...w...l...y

Boris Johnson lied about Kier Starmer in parliament yesterday. Off the back of that lie, a couple of your buddies got all excited and your friend [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION] posted the 'Saville remark'

Starmer was a little gobsmacked when he was reminded that he let Jimmy Saville escape prosecution by Boris. Never knew that kept it quiet

The Johnson lie about Saville was then repeated by your other friend Ppf here

https://youtu.be/mVV1YhZeXgo

Marvellous scenes

Regards
DF

As you can see above it was posted by your pal Ppf, not the PPF spoof account :dunce:

Neither of the two posters above are parody accounts as Portslade seagull has pointed out
Cheers Watford Zero after 19yrs I'm now a spoof account. I think yours is more likely with all the copy and pasting must take you ages

although why he's pointing it out to me when it was you that called it a parody account, I have no idea :facepalm:

I'm sure that potty training my kids was simpler and took far less repetition :lolol:

All of which is completely irrelevant to the main point which is whether you are going to get the full Johnson 5 year plan that you voted for. I have to say, I do have my doubts :wink:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Okay then..... sorry to have riled you......

No offence intended.

As much as I've completely lost track of this particular tangent of the conversation, I believe the problem here is that somewhere along the lines you have become confused as to who said what and when. I think you've been accusing Chicken Run for something that someone else said, because you got confused when Chicken pointed out that there was a spoof account ("Pretty Plnk Fairy" instead of "Pretty pink fairy") that was fishing for reactions and a couple folks fell for it (or didn't fall for it).

Chicken Run never said anything re: Savile until mid morning today, as a direct response to the spoof account and whether or not certain others had fallen for it. It was a completely different member who, yesterday, made comments related to Johnson's Savile smear that you took exception to. Unfortunately you then mistakenly assumed CR was talking about that other member when he pointed out the PPF spoof account. And it's spiralled from there.

IMHO you owe Chicken an apology.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
"Beginning" you say? Been a whitewash from the moment Sue Gray was appointed Witchfinder General!

"Concerns about its transparency had already been raised by privacy campaigners through openDemocracy. We revealed that Gray had, in previous roles, helped to block the release of information and shield Number 10 from scrutiny."

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/op...vestigator-stonewalled-transparency-campaign/

It was a whitewash before then. Johnson initially appointed Simon Case, his Cabinet Secretary, to investigate proceedings before it swiftly emerged that Case had been at one/some of the event/s in question, and he had to recuse himself, and along came Sue Gray.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm wondering what Sunak and Truss have made of the last 24 hours.

I take the view that if the Tories had a decent alternative to Johnson then the 54 letters would have gone in by now. Yet part of the Sue Gray report has been published, the police have started a criminal investigation into Johnson AND STILL the letters aren't in.

It looks like the Tory MPs have concluded a wounded Boris is still a better electoral prospect that to be led by Sunak or Truss. What does that say about the alternatives and the quality of the Cabinet Boris has assembled?

As an aside, what moral authority can Boris possibly hope to carry into his talks with Putin, especially when he has accepted big money from wealthy Russian donors with close links to Putin?

We are a global laughing stock.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
As much as I've completely lost track of this particular tangent of the conversation, I believe the problem here is that somewhere along the lines you have become confused as to who said what and when. I think you've been accusing Chicken Run for something that someone else said, because you got confused when Chicken pointed out that there was a spoof account ("Pretty Plnk Fairy" instead of "Pretty pink fairy") that was fishing for reactions and a couple folks fell for it (or didn't fall for it).

Chicken Run never said anything re: Savile until mid morning today, as a direct response to the spoof account and whether or not certain others had fallen for it. It was a completely different member who, yesterday, made comments related to Johnson's Savile smear that you took exception to. Unfortunately you then mistakenly assumed CR was talking about that other member when he pointed out the PPF spoof account. And it's spiralled from there.

IMHO you owe Chicken an apology.

Thanks for your input. Genuinely. Your assessment is well intentioned and I have apologised for upsetting him; but trying to get to the truth of this really is not worth the effort. For either of us.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tory meltdown incoming...

The Johnson lie about Saville was then repeated by your other friend Ppf here

As you can see above it was posted by your pal Ppf, not the PPF spoof account :dunce:

Neither of the two posters above are parody accounts as Portslade seagull has pointed out

although why he's pointing it out to me when it was you that called it a parody account, I have no idea :facepalm:

I'm sure that potty training my kids was simpler and took far less repetition :lolol:

All of which is completely irrelevant to the main point which is whether you are going to get the full Johnson 5 year plan that you voted for. I have to say, I do have my doubts :wink:

ec0ea41aa6e90e5fd8b5cff412ec7377.jpg

I appreciate its not long till the free bus pass is due for you but to clear any confusion up I was commenting on the above, unlike you I don’t have all day to trawl the entire thread and didn’t see the original posts and wrongly assumed the posters were commenting on what PPF (not Ppf) said, I still don’t know what I was supposed to have deleted, maybe you can help?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I'm wondering what Sunak and Truss have made of the last 24 hours.

I take the view that if the Tories had a decent alternative to Johnson then the 54 letters would have gone in by now. Yet part of the Sue Gray report has been published, the police have started a criminal investigation into Johnson AND STILL the letters aren't in.

It looks like the Tory MPs have concluded a wounded Boris is still a better electoral prospect that to be led by Sunak or Truss. What does that say about the alternatives and the quality of the Cabinet Boris has assembled?

As an aside, what moral authority can Boris possibly hope to carry into his talks with Putin, especially when he has accepted big money from wealthy Russian donors with close links to Putin?

We are a global laughing stock.

I think you've hit on what's happening there. There's no one in the Tory party at the moment who either a) wants to replace Boris right now, or b) has enough support to oust him. Without at least one alternative leader who actually wants to lead right now to rally around, any rebellion is unlikely to succeed. They'll know that there's no point getting the 54 letters in if only 54 of them subsequently vote no confidence and Boris gets (under current Tory rules) a guaranteed further 12 months. They need the additional backing they'd get from a support base behind an alternative leader, and with the two most talked about alternative leaders both currently being seen to support Boris the rebellion is going to have to tread water.

Things might / will change if the Tories get battered in May. I expect the prospective alternative leaders are biding their time, looking for a window of opportunity where the can make a clean break from the Boris era. I think the damage is already done re: the May elections, so no Tory in their right mind wants to lead until after those elections are done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here