Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Take the number bit of the tweet and put it in between [ Tweet ]number[ /Tweet ] but without any spaces

[Tweet]1488538531236560902[/Tweet]

There's a bloke in the replies there, who's entire identity seems to be 'Brexit', is convinced that this is just part of a remainer plot to undermine Brexit.

Which means it's time for me to step away from Twitter for a bit.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It's frustrating - but I'm not sure it is collusion or a deviation from their normal policy. As I understand it, police don't routinely name people who have been issued with fixed penalty notices.

However, in this case it is important that they do (or at least release certain names), given the far wider implications at play. If Johnson is issued with a fixed penalty notice then he has misled Parliament and by the terms of the ministerial code, which he said he would abide by, he would be compelled to resign. This isn't about whether the PM gets a £100 fine or not - but whether he has broken the ministerial code.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter if the police release the names or not, as the details will be leaked irrespective. It will be impossible to keep the names of those fined secret from the press.

Also, if the Police say something like '15 people fined at birthday event', and Sue Gray lists the 15 people at the birthday event, then it's fairly easy to put them together.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Number 10 now saying if the PM is fined they will say so.

Which suggests they are confident that a loophole will be found by the Met for him to slip through.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Number 10 now saying if the PM is fined they will say so.

Which suggests they are confident that a loophole will be found by the Met for him to slip through.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

It's so, so predictable.........'a number of fines have been issued, but a view was taken that anyone attending for less than 26 minutes wasn't deemed to have 'attended'.....evidence shows the PM was only present for 25 minutes 54 seconds'

'As I said all along, I did not attend any party, and I thank (Dame, MP of constituency of her choice, early retirement on full police pension etc) Cressida and her hard working staff for COMPLETELY exonerating me from any wrongdoing......................'

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm sure someone other than himself said that Johnson could be Prime Minister for more than a decade. Can you imagine that? I mean, he's done two and a bit years and look at the state we're in – the 650-odd (or however many MPs there are) people deemed most suitable to run and represent the country arguing about parties, wallpaper and who did or didn't do anything to help Jimmy Savile.

All COMPLETELY avoidable if there was a competent incumbent as PM and then maybe the real issues – NHS, Brexit, climate change, levelling up, etc, etc – could actually be dealt. What sort of a UK (or maybe just England) will it be under Johnson in 2032? :eek:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
no amount of sabre rattling in Kiev can save his bacon

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm sure someone other than himself said that Johnson could be Prime Minister for more than a decade. Can you imagine that? I mean, he's done two and a bit years and look at the state we're in – the 650-odd (or however many MPs there are) people deemed most suitable to run and represent the country arguing about parties, wallpaper and who did or didn't do anything to help Jimmy Savile.

All COMPLETELY avoidable if there was a competent incumbent as PM and then maybe the real issues – NHS, Brexit, climate change, levelling up, etc, etc – could actually be dealt. What sort of a UK (or maybe just England) will it be under Johnson in 2032? :eek:

I really don't get this attitude! This is not, in my mind, about just attending a party, it's about the integrity of those that make the decisions that affect us all and whether they can be trusted to make even bigger decisions based on facts and not political kudos, for example, we could soon be in a position where Johnson needs to send troops to Ukraine. He needs to do that on the basis of what is best for the situation, not what is best for his career.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Are we all in agreement, Kneel Starmer QC was not the head of the head of the DPP at the time they decided not to prosecute Savile?
Also, Kneel Starmer QC did not apologise for failure to prosecute Savile?
That’s that sorted then. Who’s up for a few cheeky beers and a takeaway at the Durham miners club?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As I understand, the kids who took photos on their work phones will be amongst the first to be burned on the Johnson pyre of 're-organising no 10', but if these really are the brightest PPE graduates we have then maybe they should have had more than the Government issued phones on them. (Or maybe I'm just an old cynical **** :lolol:).

And, I've been asked to point out, SPADS are 'Government officials' :wink:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Are we all in agreement, Kneel Starmer QC was not the head of the head of the DPP at the time they decided not to prosecute Savile?
That’s that sorted then. Who’s up for a few cheeky beers and a takeaway at the Durham miners club?

whatabout.jpeg

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

What is 'the head of the head of the DPP'?

What does he need to apologise for exactly?

Jan 30, 2008
Which is why he needs to resign. He has brought all this attention on himself and it detracts from the work of grown ups

Load of bollocks and just shows the BBC up for what they are , Boris is over in Kiev representing this country and doesn't need a two bob journo coming out with crap like that distracting from the purpose of the visit

Regards
DF

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What is 'the head of the head of the DPP'?

What does he need to apologise for exactly?

The ‘head of the head’ is the sort of position British QAnon followers would assume to be heading up the DPP in a headship role at the head of the organisation.

“Unfounded posts directly accusing Sir Keir of failing to prosecute Savile saw an upsurge on social media after he became Labour leader in April 2020.
They have been shared by British followers of the QAnon conspiracy theory, among others.
A video clip of the prime minister's accusation has been spreading on anti-vaccine channels with thousands of followers on social media chat app Telegram, as "proof" of an alleged cover-up of high-profile child abuse.”

I think you just outed a QAnoner.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Load of bollocks and just shows the BBC up for what they are , Boris is over in Kiev representing this country and doesn't need a two bob journo coming out with crap like that distracting from the purpose of the visit

Regards
DF

It doesn't matter what you think, its going to happen and its his own immature and self-centred approach that is responsible.

Best wishes
T.G

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here