Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's got to go !

Time to put an end to the current Banana Republic.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Thunder Bolt: Raab has just repeated the slander on R4 and TimesRadio, defending Johnson by saying it is just the cut and thrust of Parliament. I hope Starmer sues him.

This is from April 2014 talking about victims of crime. I can remember going to workshops on rapes and sexual crimes which focussed entirely on the victims, especially domestic violence,

...and we have posters on this site suggesting he was just 'reminding Starmer' of his Savile connection. That's how the poison spreads!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Thunder Bolt: Raab has just repeated the slander on R4 and TimesRadio, defending Johnson by saying it is just the cut and thrust of Parliament. I hope Starmer sues him.

This is from April 2014 talking about victims of crime. I can remember going to workshops on rapes and sexual crimes which focussed entirely on the victims, especially domestic violence,

...and we have posters on this site suggesting he was just 'reminding Starmer' of his Savile connection. That's how the poison spreads!

The "Saville Connection" was with senior members of Thatcher's government and senior police officers who regularly used to pop in to see Saville at his home. What that has to do with Starmer (and I think you can probably tell by my previous posts that I am absolutely no fan of his) I really do not know.

Gray has enabled the PM to just carry on because she did not have the courage to "publish and be damned" and instead allowed herself to be bullied by Dick into not publishing the full report.

There aren't going to be serious criminal charges arising out of the Met's "less than a year" investigation. Some fines for breaches maybe. So absolutely no reason or excuse to not publish the full report now. All I'm hearing from Tory MPs now is "we can't / it would be unfair / it might prejudice if we comment whilst the Met's cover-up, I mean investigation, is ongoing."

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think he conceded that at tonights meeting to placate the 1922

He did, from what I've read - but now Raab is rowing back on that pledge. How can anyone - anyone - believe a word this Government says? They are a complete bunch of mendacious b*astards without an ounce of moral fibre. I know we knew that before Partygate, but every day that passes brings more humiliation on this country. Please - just clear out, the lot of you. I don't care if we need to bring back Theresa May....much as I disliked her politics, at least she seemed to have some sort of moral compass.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The "Saville Connection" was with senior members of Thatcher's government and senior police officers who regularly used to pop in to see Saville at his home. What that has to do with Starmer (and I think you can probably tell by my previous posts that I am absolutely no fan of his) I really do not know.

Gray has enabled the PM to just carry on because she did not have the courage to "publish and be damned" and instead allowed herself to be bullied by Dick into not publishing the full report.

There aren't going to be serious criminal charges arising out of the Met's "less than a year" investigation. Some fines for breaches maybe. So absolutely no reason or excuse to not publish the full report now. All I'm hearing from Tory MPs now is "we can't / it would be unfair / it might prejudice if we comment whilst the Met's cover-up, I mean investigation, is ongoing."

I think this is a fair and reasoned response and I thank you.

What makes me very angry is tribal tories on here quoting the liar Johnston without scrutinising his comments as if they were true by default. It makes them complicit in the deception and that is what he relies on.....

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tory meltdown incoming...

The “Saville remark” was by the parody account, not the person you think it is [emoji2357]

That Saville remark, and how it's been parroted by our beloved PPF in this very topic, is exactly how false narratives perpetuate.

Hoyle should have it retracted. He was quick enough to kick out Blackford for labelling Johnson a liar.

Still being wooshed I see by the parody account [emoji2357]

TC wasn’t fooled though

Almost had me. The two accounts are almost inseparable :lolol:

f6d1dc1ff6bebac1c71845b05904ef19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The “Saville remark” was by the parody account, not the person you think it is [emoji2357]

TC wasn’t fooled though

This is the remark to which I was referring... 'Starmer was a little gobsmacked when he was reminded that he let Jimmy Saville escape prosecution by Boris. Never knew that kept it quiet'. Are you suggesting this was a 'spoof' comment? Do explain....

You did the right thing to delete it but you would have done better if you had researched it in the first place. Next......

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

TC wasn’t fooled though

I refer to you posts 3245 and 3249. Libel implications.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

TC wasn’t fooled though

No.

The Saville remark was made by Johnson. Then our PPF posted a video about it.

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
:lolol:

This turn of phrase is new to me and one I'll be using for sure!

[tweet] 1488208104093331465 [/tweet]

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He's got to go !

Time to put an end to the current Banana Republic.

We've been a banana republic a while now, can't see it getting much better even if Boris gets hung drawn and quartered as a warning to the rest.

cheating lying and corruption is the norm for the tories. and 1/3 of voters are idiotic enough to live with it.

D

Deleted member 2719

The Speaker should have made him withdraw it. Lindsay Hoyle is weak.

Hoyle is Premier league, Bercow was national league.

He has a control, without the "look at me" touch that Bercow employed at most sittings.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hoyle is Premier league, Bercow was national league.

He has a control, without the "look at me" touch that Bercow employed at most sittings.

He has a control, alright. It sits on his right,

You forget that Bercow was a Conservative and is so sickened by what has changed in his party, he left and joined the Labour party.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This is the remark to which I was referring... 'Starmer was a little gobsmacked when he was reminded that he let Jimmy Saville escape prosecution by Boris. Never knew that kept it quiet'. Are you suggesting this was a 'spoof' comment? Do explain....

You did the right thing to delete it but you would have done better if you had researched it in the first place. Next......

What did I delete then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here