Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Aren't all sitcoms?

More like a farce tbh. It's about time they rubber stamped it with the approval of Brian Rix as the star in a reasonably priced car.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think its the best thing on Sunday night.
Which isn't saying much to be fair, but all the same. It still has its moments.

I get your point, but is there any point in winning a turd contest?

I'm all for switching my brain off and just letting a program or film entertain me at face value but Sunday's offering was woeful. I thought back to a 'Young Ones' episode when Mike said something like "I wouldn't say that was predictable but there are as yet undiscovered tribes in the Amazon that knew you were going to say that."

Stale and smug; time to go.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
On tonight BBC2 8PM

Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz attempt to set lap times around the Top Gear test track as the Stars in a Reasonably Priced Car. Plus, Richard Hammond is in Sweden for a race against some hardcore snowmobilers, James May attempts to break his personal speed record in a brand new, even more powerful version of the amazing Bugatti Veyron and, in the year that legendary F1 star Ayrton Senna would have turned 50, Jeremy Clarkson finds out why he's still considered the best driver of his generation.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Let's hope that the Senna part is done seriously, great driver

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Let's hope that the Senna part is done seriously, great driver

I hope so, and I think it will be. In amongst all the silliness, they can do stuff like this quite well when they put their minds to it, especially when the subject is such a legend.

I read earlier in the week that they have Lewis Hamilton driving one of Senna's old F1 cars, Hamilton is quoted as saying that he didn't sleep a wink the night before because he was so excited about getting the chance to do such a thing.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Am looking forward to watching tonights Top Gear as my daughter and her mates went last Thursday and watched them recording it. She had a fantastic time and could not believe her luck when Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz appeared!! :bowdown:

I have my sky box all set up to record!!! :thumbsup:

Are the 'inside' bits, filmed at Dunsfold also?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Do you notice they ALWAYS put the decent totty right at the front of the audience for the "news" bit and the star in the reasonably priced car interview ?

Admittedly its usually a somewhat mixed bunch, but I have seen the odd bit of quality clunge in there sometimes.

there has been some right fitties on at that time, also during the News section, especially hot bird tonight behind jezza!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cameron Diaz has a fun personality to go with her looks!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Cracking tribute to my favourite F1 driver.

We always used to watch the GPs as a family when I was young (I was 10 when Senna had his crash), and he was always my favourite.

An absolutely awesome talent whose like I doubt we'll see again.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Superb episode tonight, thoroughly enjoyed that

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fitting tribute to Senna

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if schumacher had have done what senna did to prost to win the title, i wonder what sort of reaction he would have got bearing in mind the ABUSE he coped for just turning into people back in the mid 90s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here