Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear - absolute quality

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Lokki 7 said:
Why do people on this thread keep telling me what to do? If I wanted to go racing I would. I don't. I want to sit on my sofa in my warm and comfortable flat, eating pies and watching good telly at 8pm on a Sunday and not think about work. Normally Top Gear provides this, I just happen to think that 10 minutes talking to the star in a reasonably priced car,10 minutes on the cool wall and 30 minutes in a lake doesn't do it for me. Personally, I think they are getting desperate for good ideas, highlighted by the SCR item last week. I thought this was a DISCUSSION thread about Top Gear?
Well if you don't want any comeback don't start moaning about how crap it is on a thread where everyone else loves it. Everyone i've spoken to at work today thought last night was one of the most entertaining, if not informative, shows they've done. If you want to know about cars i'm sure there's plenty of info on the web.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lokki 7 said:
Why do people on this thread keep telling me what to do? If I wanted to go racing I would. I don't. I want to sit on my sofa in my warm and comfortable flat, eating pies and watching good telly at 8pm on a Sunday and not think about work. Normally Top Gear provides this, I just happen to think that 10 minutes talking to the star in a reasonably priced car,10 minutes on the cool wall and 30 minutes in a lake doesn't do it for me. Personally, I think they are getting desperate for good ideas, highlighted by the SCR item last week. I thought this was a DISCUSSION thread about Top Gear?

I can hear Mr Ban approaching...

Billy the Fish said:
Well if you don't want any comeback don't start moaning about how crap it is on a thread where everyone else loves it. Everyone i've spoken to at work today thought last night was one of the most entertaining, if not informative, shows they've done. If you want to know about cars i'm sure there's plenty of info on the web.

:lolol: He he. I never thought I'd get a flaming for saying Top Gears gone off the boil. Ho hum. Can I take a leaf out of the "MM outers" handbook now and call you all sheep, afraid to be different? If it wasn't for people like me we would never have known what Bellotti and Archer were up to!
:angry:
By the way, at my work most people thought the majority of the hour was boring.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
where do you work Lokki . . . Freinds of the earth ? :lolol:

I agree in part, its not the motoring magazine it once was, but its entertaining in a light hearted SUnday evening kind of way

especially if you don't want to watch some bollocks Daily Mail drama on ITV :eek:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Lokki. I give you this thought and I am not trying to get on anyone case.

I for one believe it is quality entertainment, and so does my friends young boy. What it has done for him and a lot of his friends, is given him a good healthy interest in science. In conjunction with Scrapheap Challenge I think it is one of the most educational and yet funniest programmes on TV.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
is he (Ben Collins - haha now everyone knows) being set up as a fall guy, to stop any speculation?

(thinks back to Darth Vader, in Star Wars- can you name the actor who eventialy shows his face?

be honest- you were thinking of David Prowse- the guy who did the action scenes, who was also the Green Cross Man, werent you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here