West, West, West Sussex
James May: "Is that your car?"
Clarkson: "Yep"
May: "It's the wrong way up"
:lolol:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Those blokes are going to end up killing themselves one day. But it would be funny.

Oh yeah and standing in front of the speed camera waiting for it to go off! Would love to have seen that picture.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm suprised they were allowed to actually drive those things on the road.
Funny when hamster broke down;
Hamster "Help I've broken down"
Clarkson "Bye"

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Top TV, no question !!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was pissing meself at Clarksons "Toybota" when he capsized it. Brilliant show.
:D

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
GNF on Tour said:
Seconded. Top Gear has always been considered boys toys bollocks telly in the Tour household and Clarkson the biggest twunt on television by a country mile. But hey, thats just my opinion.

Totally agree. Think it's utter gash.

As for Clarkson... :censored:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Soul Finger said:
Totally agree. Think it's utter gash.

As for Clarkson... :censored:
I'm SO glad it's not just me...phew, I'm genuinely relieved.

I like top gear, but thought last night was poor. Isn't it supposed to be about cars? They reviewed one last night in an hour.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
:clap2: :clap2: Brilliant show

*now off to modify my 106 for a booze cruise to France

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Lokki 7 said:
I like top gear, but thought last night was poor. Isn't it supposed to be about cars? They reviewed one last night in an hour.

It used to be about cars, now it's just about pissing about and having a laugh. If you want to watcha program about cars try 5th Gear on channel five and you'll realise it's rubbish.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
lets face it showing a car drifting round a corner squeeling its tyres tells you nothing about its ability as a vehicle regardless of whether it a sprts car, race car or $X$, MPV, whatever

Top Gear is purely light entertainment with a motoring bias

5th gear isn't much better in the factual stakes either

would you buy a car on the basis of a TV shows reccomendation ?

I would buy a Triumph Herald yatch though :lolol:

Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather watch a Ferrari screech around a track then spend 5 minutes discussing where a Nissan Micra should fit on the cool wall. :yawn:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
then watch some racing on TV or go to your local race circuit theres 100's of assorted national and club races every week which look 20 times better than anything you'll see on Top Gear and its often free or very little to get in, including paddock access.

I love cars, and I race, I also like TOp Gear, but its not really got anything much to do with reality on the roads

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Incidentally (and this relates to cars more than 90% of Top Gear ever does) did anyone see the Lamborghinis over the weekend? Bloody things woke me up at 7.30am emerging from the Grand hotel car park, sounded like a plane taking off. Then there were about 30 of them parked on top of Churchill Square car park Saturday night - not the cheapest ever car collection in one place.

80's Seagull said:
If you want to watcha program about cars try 5th Gear on channel five

zefarelly said:
then watch some racing on TV or go to your local race circuit

Why do people on this thread keep telling me what to do? If I wanted to go racing I would. I don't. I want to sit on my sofa in my warm and comfortable flat, eating pies and watching good telly at 8pm on a Sunday and not think about work. Normally Top Gear provides this, I just happen to think that 10 minutes talking to the star in a reasonably priced car,10 minutes on the cool wall and 30 minutes in a lake doesn't do it for me. Personally, I think they are getting desperate for good ideas, highlighted by the SCR item last week. I thought this was a DISCUSSION thread about Top Gear?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lokki 7 said:
Why do people on this thread keep telling me what to do?
:lolol:
Why don't you turn off your television set and go and do something less boring instead?:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here