Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear - absolute quality

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Jim D said:
I would imagine that a prog like Top Gear would never get on US TV in its current format. They are often very uncomplimentary about certain vehicles and Clarkson himself is not exactly 'PC'. They'd get pulled as soon as they described the latest Ford/GM/Chrysler car as a pile of poo, as most of the other progs on the channel would have been sponsored by one of them.

Er... Clarkson himself said this a few weeks back after they collected a Golden Globe.

Anyway, it is going to the US, but with different hosts

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Having been fortunate enough to have gone down the Lillehammer bobsleigh run myself - but during the summer, in a bobsleigh on wheels with a cage over the top, and with a very fat Greek tanker owner basically sitting on my lap - I can only testify as to the g-force (that's not GREEK force) that the little bloke was screaming about. Unsurprisingly, it was very much like a highly claustrophobic rollercoaster.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought the classic bit where James May was being driven down the mountain next to the bob sleigh and he kept looking terrified and saying "shit" over and over again.

....and where he was trying to mark the line at which the skijumper landed.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Another superb show tonight.

DIY convertible people carrier - many laughs had here.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Three blokes with nothing really better to do than talk macho - load of bollocks.

Catch a bus or train and save the environment :p

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"We had to do something to stay ahead of the game. And we have.

We've got ourselves a dog"

"We've called it 'Top Gear Dog' ".

And fancy demolishing the front end of a £400k+ supercar. "He's eaten the tyre wall" :lolol:

adrian29uk said:
2) Clarkson may be a doctor of Engineering, however he was given the degree by some University and never studied once which is a complete mockery of the system.

Clarkson has an honorary degree - which means that it is not a mockery of the system, because it is the system.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
fatbadger said:
Clarkson has an honorary degree - which means that it is not a mockery of the system, because it is the system.

and not to be confused with a honours degree. I got one of them and it was 5 years graft ....

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Absolutely BOSS programme.

It started off as a geeky petrolhead's wank-a-thon but over the years has grown in stature and, undoubtedly, budget to become arguably the best entertainment you will find on the BBC outside of World Cup football coverage.

You don't even need to like cars to enjoy Top Gear

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can anyone clarify what it was doing on BBC2 at 7pm tonight? Was it a repeat of an earlier Sunday show? I'm pretty sure it's a new series as I hadn't seen it before...

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Unfortunately as there is no tv in our kitchen at the moment, the only access to the program is on bbc2's webpage, which is as slow as hell, so i kind of get a slideshow of a lot of the show, but thankfully it showed the koenigthing crash into the wall before completely giving up the ghost!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Can I just say that on the rare occasions when I flick channels and Top Gear is on I am sorely tempted to pick up the box and chuck it out the window. Clarkson is an irresponsible pillock who is stuck up his own arse.

There, that's better. Just in the interest of balance you understand.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
227 BHA said:
But who was the well spoken man?

I think you know really dont you ? A certain Mr J.H

Top viewing, something on telly that actually makes me laugh......maybe just easily pleased.

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
227 BHA said:
And why do those reasons detract from the quality of the programme in any way whatsoever???

Whenever Clarkson mentions his doctorate it is with his tongue firmly in his cheek and the whole point of the Stig is that we never know who is under the overalls anyway!

sorry to ruin it for you.....

http://www.crash.net/feature_view.asp?cid=26&id=6611

68694.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here