Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Originally posted by Ernest Newman

Tony Bloom
He is ruining our club! It may look like a good move at the moment and last season was certainly my favourite in recent years and probably my best since the FA cup final season.

However, his ownership is not going to be sustainable for our club. We will be a Championship side for a few years, but he will grow tiresome of us and leave us the same way Archer and Bellotti and we will once again be a debt ridden club. He claims to be a fan for life, but did the Glaziers not say the same thing about United?

Poyet will leave us in a season or two for Chelsea and we will get someone like Ian Dowie and no longer will we attract players with the calibre of Mackail-Smith from the grasp of Premier League clubs.

Within a few seasons, the JCLs will lose intrest with being a mid table Championship side and we will have an empty, ghostly, stadium like Coventry.

All of this will lead to us to becoming the 'Leeds' of the Championship and sink back into League one, leading us to lose our best players and acting as a domino effect. If we do not sort this out soon, we may be playing Eastbourne and Lewes in League Two.

Bloom OUT!

You may think I'm winding you up just because I have a different opinion to you all, but I just care about our club and dont want us to fail.

Come on you Seagulls!

Dear Ernest

Heaven alone knows where you are coming from with that viewpoint.

The stadium belongs to a trust (set up by TB) and is a completely separate issue from BHAFC.

The club will stand or fall on the basis of it's trading performance.

Now, on the one hand, the club may do exceptionally well as it is likely to do especially under the governance of GP and with TB as chairman and the acquisition of the stadium (effectively from TB's trust) will be made gradually as finances allow. I understand that no interest is to be charged to the club during whatever prescribed period it takes to repay the Trust. This is my understanding which may of course be flawed. The income streams for Albion as of now must be fairly substantial (never mind what is about to gradually build up) and in view of the good housekeeping which is being displayed is unlikely to turn sour.

In any case, in the most unlikely event that the club failed, what else could the stadium be used for apart from Association Football. Such a scenario is frankly difficult to imagine but, in any event, there would be no chance of an Archer / Belotti situation because no-one in their right minds would want to re-develop the stadium site as a large shopping complex for example. (Not too sure that large scale shopping centres will ever be built again given the move to internet shopping)

So, all in all, the club is in a strong position and likely to remain so and your thoughts are, I think, somewhat detached from reality.

Last edited:

Originally posted by Ernest Newman

Dear Ernest

Heaven alone knows where you are coming from with that viewpoint.

The stadium belongs to a trust (set up by TB) and is a completely separate issue from BHAFC.

The club will stand or fall on the basis of it's trading performance.

Now, on the one hand, the club may do exceptionally well as it is likely to do especially under the governance of GP and with TB as chairman and the acquisition of the stadium (effectively from TB's trust) will be made gradually as finances allow. I understand that no interest is to be charged to the club during whatever prescribed period it takes to repay the Trust. This is my understanding which may of course be flawed. The income streams for Albion as of now must be fairly substantial (never mind what is about to gradually build up) and in view of the good housekeeping which is being displayed is unlikely to turn sour.

In any case, in the most unlikely event that the club failed, what else could the stadium be used for apart from Association Football. Such a scenario is frankly difficult to imagine but, in any event, there would be no chance of an Archer / Belotti situation because no-one in their right minds would want to re-develop the stadium site as a large shopping complex for example. (Not too sure that large scale shopping centres will ever be built again given the move to internet shopping)

So, all in all, the club is in a strong position and likely to remain so and your thoughts are, I think, somewhat detached from reality.
A very well reasoned expression of the facts.

I do, however, prefer the more succinct "f*** off!", expressed earlier in the thread.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't forget the ivestment into the new trainining ground to help develop future players.
looking forward to see the team at Burgess Hill on Sunday.Thank you Mr Bloom

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
This is the most negative thread on NSC I have ever read. Pisses me off. Your writing the club off before we have even started next season.

If I carried your negative attitude I would have stopped countdown2falmer months ago, but I kept it going.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever happens we will have a beautiful stadium, I can cope with all the other shit if it comes around again.

He is ruining our club! It may look like a good move at the moment and last season was certainly my favourite in recent years and probably my best since the FA cup final season.

However, his ownership is not going to be sustainable for our club. We will be a Championship side for a few years, but he will grow tiresome of us and leave us the same way Archer and Bellotti and we will once again be a debt ridden club. He claims to be a fan for life, but did the Glaziers not say the same thing about United?

Poyet will leave us in a season or two for Chelsea and we will get someone like Ian Dowie and no longer will we attract players with the calibre of Mackail-Smith from the grasp of Premier League clubs.

Within a few seasons, the JCLs will lose intrest with being a mid table Championship side and we will have an empty, ghostly, stadium like Coventry.

All of this will lead to us to becoming the 'Leeds' of the Championship and sink back into League one, leading us to lose our best players and acting as a domino effect. If we do not sort this out soon, we may be playing Eastbourne and Lewes in League Two.

Bloom OUT!

You may think I'm winding you up just because I have a different opinion to you all, but I just care about our club and dont want us to fail.

Come on you Seagulls!

Please can I borrow your crystal ball....I've made a few mistakes in my life lately and could do with your fantastic insight.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
However, his ownership is not going to be sustainable for our club. We will be a Championship side for a few years, but he will grow TIRESOME of us and leave us the same way Archer and Bellotti and we will once again be a debt ridden club.

Tiresome? Back to the dictionary, pal.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
No, the "f*** off" comment was mainly because you are comparing Bloom to both Archer and the Glaziers and it is for that reason that I am saying, f*** Off too

I will second that

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
joined last.. and this is why there should be minimum post count before thread starting...

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
If Tony Bloom walks away tomorrow, he leaves us in a far better position on and of the field than when he became Chairman. That can't be a bad thing. Would you rather we were playing in league 1 at Withdean on August 6th?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Definitely fishing, and it looks like a few of you have been caught. No Albion fan could ever hold this opinion, not if he has all his marbles.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
LOL

I'm not sure it is THE Ernest to be honest, maybe it's another username for Dad38, he's just having his views...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Bloom OUT!

Come on you Seagulls!
you mean Eagles?

The old Brighton died the day we left the Goldstone
A part of that spirit lives on and this is now very much a new club,a club we always wanted it to become.

Some may harp back for the openness of the Goldstone,smoking,and terraces but it just will not be,we now have a superb stadium albeit enclosed and detached from the town but it is absolutely beautiful and JCL's or not we need/require them.

Edit: i am partial to the odd bite once in a while-it's just the nets and line just never seem strong enough for me to get a bite myself-swimming back to the depths.......

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here