Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom - you're a disgrace

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm trying to think how many 50-50 sacking decisions Tony Bloom would have to get wrong before I called him a disgrace. I'm not sure of the exact figure, but it would certainly be a very big number.

Bloom is right up there in the Albion pantheon with Knight - already - by underwriting our new stadium, the 'arranged' funding for which seemed to be disappearing fast under the previous regime.

My own view, and happily its consistent with what I posted in May/June, is that the brave and correct (if slightly ungrateful) move would have been to thank Slade very much for beating relegation in the summer, and then get someone else more suitable and proven in for the long term.

We didn't do that, and as so often in life, bad decisions lead to bigger problems down the line.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I agree with the Badger, it's a disgrace. Every season we go through the same damn thing, the fans are bored with a manager building the team and not getting results in the short term whilst building for the long term. We have HOUNDED White and Booker and we have ultimately got Slade the sack with unrealistic expectations for the season. Russell Slade deserves more respect from the fans, and more patience. Once again, the Brighton fans prove how fickle we truly are. We are high in numbers and low in quality in my opinion, and if you can all sit there and say Bloom has done the right thing then I have the right to say differently. And so does TCB, who might be a bit extreme and over the top at times but who has passion for this club and doesn't want to see us inflicting wounds upon ourselves... again!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
A good decisive move there from Tony Bloom, The set up we had was'nt working so what better way of sorting it out than scrapping the lot and starting again.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I have some sympathy for Badger, I think he(Slade) deserved until Christmas to turn it around, there is no chance of us making the play offs and I think he could have taken us forward. Slade is a good guy and although we will never know I think it was a rash decision. I started a thread saying that DW and BB should be replaced not through a personal vendetta but because they were linked to a very disappointing few years and I appreciate what they have contributed to this club. It is anew era and actually I think Tony Bloom has failed the first test, the second and more important test is who he brings in

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Tom you're a mate. But I'm afraid you're dead wrong calling him a disgrace. He hasn't put money into this club and into the stadium, to see where we're now and dive head first straight into League Two under Slade. It had to happen, he should of gone after the Oldham game. Now whoever the new manager will be, can bring in his own coaching staff and get us up this league, because Falmer is two seasons away, and we could be in League Two with the way we're going.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
No................. what's EMBARRASSING is

loosing 7-1 to Huddersfield, :shootself
loosing 2-0 to Tranmere, :shootself
winning just two games at home so far this season. :shootself
Amassing an amazing 14pts in 15 games. :shootself
poor discipline throughout the team. :shootself

Thats all EMBARRASSING dont you think, because i do. :shootself

He was lucky to keep us up it was NO great escape, it was luck & Owuso :shrug:

Sorry I forgot we had a divine right not to lose games.

Luck in staying up? Well done, that is without doubt the most idiotic statement I have read today. top marks.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
I think TB has a right to Hire and Fire whoever he wants.

A massive majority of fans think he got it right.

A tiny minority, badger, elephant think he got it wrong.

Majority rules here!! We cant all be wrong!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I cannot take your biased views seriously TCB, anything and anybody that you don't like is shit, absolutely no middle ground with you. I'm happy to see where we end up at the end of the season before passing any judgement.

Slade is obviously a lovely guy and averted 100% guaranteed relegation, just like Gritt. Anyone who was not very concerned about the direction we were headed has their head in the sand. As long as we bring in an experienced manager who knows that you start with a solid defence I'll be happy enough, Slade seemed to struggle with the concept of shoring up at the back and yesterday was a shit result too far imo.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
I think TB has a right to Hire and Fire whoever he wants.

A massive majority of fans think he got it right.

A tiny minority, badger, elephant think he got it wrong.

Majority rules here!! We cant all be wrong!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I agree with the Badger, it's a disgrace. Every season we go through the same damn thing, the fans are bored with a manager building the team and not getting results in the short term whilst building for the long term. We have HOUNDED White and Booker and we have ultimately got Slade the sack with unrealistic expectations for the season. Russell Slade deserves more respect from the fans, and more patience. Once again, the Brighton fans prove how fickle we truly are. We are high in numbers and low in quality in my opinion, and if you can all sit there and say Bloom has done the right thing then I have the right to say differently. And so does TCB, who might be a bit extreme and over the top at times but who has passion for this club and doesn't want to see us inflicting wounds upon ourselves... again!

I would say that the fans had nothing to do with this decision and the Brighton fans are no different from fans of other clubs, other than they fought very hard to save it.
This was a decison made by a man protecting a high investment, not a few keyboard warriors on NSC.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
we have ultimately got Slade

When did WE pick the team, give the team talk, take the training sessions, I must have missed that no one told me ???

he got himself the sack Ninja, and do you think bloom cares what we think at the moment he will be driven by Falmer,The Banks and then we maybe come in 3rd. Bloom wants us in the Championship when Falmer is open and he is going all out to get that, and good luck to him and i hope he gets it right. We need inspiration and slade never gave me any just excuses and poor results with the promise of we will try harder next time. :shrug:

Lets all move forward :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Coming from the single most disrespectful poster on here, this has given me a nice Sunday afternoon chuckle. But then again, that was probably the intention.

Badger I think you're an alright kid in my book but this time you've gone a bit too OTT. Don't you want us to be a big club? It wasn't going anywhere with Slade in charge, he's a good lower league manager but no more then that.... we've got the stadium on the way now so let's get in someone up to the job of moving this club forward.

Onwards and upwards.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sorry I forgot we had a divine right not to lose games.

Luck in staying up? Well done, that is without doubt the most idiotic statement I have read today. top marks.

Oh you think so do you, good for you that's your opinion

did you see this posted today at 12'o'clock by Ecosse Exile

"The thing i dont understand is the fact that Slade kept us up seems to be keeping him in a job. I dont know how many times i have heard that he deserves longer after last seasons heroics.
Heroics? are you sure about that? yes we were crap under Adams and yes we may have fallen through the trap door if he had stayed. But he was sacked and the new man was given a simple and clear objective, keep us up!
He very nearly failed and if he had we would all have blamed...... Adams.
Just to remind you all when Slade took over he had 13 games left to keep us up, this was the bottom half of the table at that point:

PLD W D L F A PTS
13 Southend 33 13 7 13 39 47 46
14 Bristol R 32 11 10 11 53 44 43
15 Hartlepool 34 10 10 14 48 54 40
16 Northmptn 32 9 10 13 42 43 37
17 Carlisle 33 10 7 16 42 51 37
18 Yeovil 33 9 10 14 31 47 37
19 Crewe 32 10 4 18 44 61 34
20 Swindon 32 7 12 13 45 53 33
21 Leyton O 33 8 9 16 26 41 33
22 BRIGHTON 32 7 11 14 35 50 32
23 Hereford 31 8 6 17 31 47 30
24 Cheltnham 32 5 6 21 37 72 21

As you can see we were in the drop zone and were 1 point from safety.
After we played MK Dons 7 games later we were 8 points adrift of the team in 20th place after only managing to pick up 4 points in Slade's first 7 games. That is 1 win 1 draw and 5 defeats, am i ringing any bells yet?
The fact that the team finally found some form after this and stayed up was indeed a heroic response and of course Slade should take some credit, but he also has to take some blame for his first 7 games to put us in that position in the first place.

Fast forward to NOW, we are out of the drop zone on goal difference, wow that is some improvement after spending close on 1.5 million in the summer.
The defence was the big problem last season, Slade brought in Tunnicliffe and Wright to improve it and yet seems reluctant to play Tunnicliffe. We were crying out for a left back, it was so bloody obvious, and their was never any guarantee McNulty would come back as good as before, yet we didnt sign one. We signed a left sided centre back and hoped he would do? This is not good enough he had three months to sort this out and couldnt. Even now he still hasnt used the loan market to get some cover in.

So to sum up, last season was NOT heroic, it was lucky! This season even the luck may run out. Im not even going to go into the disciplinary side of things, and yes that is down to him to get the players playing within the rules.

one third of the season gone and its not good enough im afraid. SLADE OUT! "

You cant Argue with statistics & facts.

FACT WE WERE LUCKY TO STAY UP IN THE SAME WAY SLADE WAS UNLUCKY THIS SEASON :salute:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I have some sympathy for Badger, I think he(Slade) deserved until Christmas to turn it around, there is no chance of us making the play offs and I think he could have taken us forward. Slade is a good guy and although we will never know I think it was a rash decision. I started a thread saying that DW and BB should be replaced not through a personal vendetta but because they were linked to a very disappointing few years and I appreciate what they have contributed to this club. It is anew era and actually I think Tony Bloom has failed the first test, the second and more important test is who he brings in

As you say, you are very "special"! I understand that is the latest PC name for retards! :bla::bla::bla:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'm trying to think how many 50-50 sacking decisions Tony Bloom would have to get wrong before I called him a disgrace. I'm not sure of the exact figure, but it would certainly be a very big number.

Bloom is right up there in the Albion pantheon with Knight - already - by underwriting our new stadium, the 'arranged' funding for which seemed to be disappearing fast under the previous regime.

........... is the correct response.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

What are you talking about?? How on earth did the fans get Slade the sack?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Shit thread, the geezer is paying for the stadium. That in my book gives him the right to call the shots.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shit thread, the geezer is paying for the stadium. That in my book gives him the right to call the shots.

Indeed another bigger clue is he is the chairman as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here