Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom - you're a disgrace

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Well actually, yes it is. At least partly. He's responsible for putting the manager in place and plays a part in signing whatever players we bring in. If it's not working out he can sack the manager and, out of his pocket, bring someone else in. I've no problem with that as it's his right after putting so much money in. BUT that doesn't make him right to do so OR excuse him from getting the appointment wrong in the first place (if you agree with getting rid of Slade).

I just don't understand this theme in football where players get away with murder, chairmen can appoint and sack dozens of managers, but its only the managers that lose their jobs and take the flak. Disgrace may be harsh but it's a reflection of the disappointment I feel in what Bloom's done.

Slade spent Blooms money and for what its worth, I like most of the players he bought with Blooms money. Unfortunately the simple fact is Slade, Booker & White can't get the best out of those players with their coaching methods so it is time to find someone who can. ITS ALL DOWN TO THE BLOODY COACHING. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS WERE THE CURRENT 3 GOING TO ACHIEVE IT! GET OVER IT & MOVE ON!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was always on the cards as Knight gave Slade the job, not Bloom. Bloom can now pick his own man and coaching team.

I suspect Tony Bloom is like most football fans and most football club chairmen.

He hasn't got a CLUE what the secret of success on the pitch is.

Nothing wrong with that. We all need to get real. Things might get better, things could get worse. There is no magic wand. Most of the the time, it's just luck.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Thanks for the stadium money, Tony, but ON the pitch (which is what we really care about) you've just f***ed up your first major test. You're a JOKE. Welcome to the club of idiotic football chairmen. It's a shame because I had hoped you were a bit better than that.

You're the JOKE you utter numpty

Stadium = future of the club ON AND OFF the pitch

And exactly why should Bloom continue to fund and support a man who isn't delivering ON the pitch since he took control.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I suspect Tony Bloom is like most football fans and most football club chairmen.

He hasn't got a CLUE what the secret of success on the pitch is.

Nothing wrong with that. We all need to get real. Things might get better, things could get worse. There is no magic wand. Most of the the time, it's just luck.

Of course you are right LB. Its what makes the Wilkins sacking look dreadful and maybe (hopefully) this one look the brave correct and proper action for the club. Only time will tell of course.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The right decision by a strong chairman, what's not to like!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Thanks for the stadium money, Tony, but ON the pitch (which is what we really care about) you've just f***ed up your first major test. You're a JOKE. Welcome to the club of idiotic football chairmen. It's a shame because I had hoped you were a bit better than that.

Calm down dear, its just football.

It was inevitable this would happen sooner or later; because Slade wasn't a Bloom appointment and the results this season and the standard of performances made his decision easy.

And anyway, perhaps a new manager will restore Michel as 1st choice keeper. Then you'll be happy again!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Make sure you have a different opinion and people will talk about you."
-Arab Proverb

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
You're the JOKE you utter numpty

Stadium = future of the club ON AND OFF the pitch

And exactly why should Bloom continue to fund and support a man who isn't delivering ON the pitch since he took control.

Lots of unanswered questions about this supposed £80-90m that is funding the stadium. Bit strange that he hasn't put any money into buying players yet.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its Blooms money he can do what he wants. Im sorry to see Slade go but there is NO excuse for the comedy defending since the season started.

I would actually say the football was ok but the results were awful. No f***ing way should Oldham, MK Dons, Southend, Wallsall be coming away with all 3 points. Oh anmd Stockport and we should have beaten Tranny.

Sorry Salde but your number was up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Exactly the right decision from Bloom. We were going nowhere under Slade. It was largely rubbish football with rubbish results.

Yup, it was patently never going to 'gel'. Russell Slade is a lovely man, and the club owes him bigtime, but who can blame the chairman for trying to salvage the season and maybe even kick on to something quite exciting.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was always in a no win position really. Slade is a nice and by accounts a top bloke but results haven't happened despite a few quid being spent. Very tough call personally think Slade would have got it right in the end and has been let down badly by some players but how long do you give it for results to come? Wouldn't have liked to have been in Blooms shoes making the call

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I am sorry to see Russel go but hey, Tony bloom has bankrolled and safeguarded the clb to the tune of £93m. It's his ball and he dictates what game we play. He owns the club and can do what he wants. Long term I hope we get Curbishley. He will be fabulous for us, especially when we thump Charlton in December.

TNBA

TTF

twickers

Jul 17, 2003

Thanks for the stadium money, Tony, but ON the pitch (which is what we really care about) Slade just f***ed up. Our defending and overall team performance was a JOKE. Welcome to the club of idiotic football fans. Im delighted because you've demonstreated you're capabable of making good decisions in the interest of our club and taking it forward.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Lots of unanswered questions about this supposed £80-90m that is funding the stadium. Bit strange that he hasn't put any money into buying players yet.

Ooh, I've not heard about the questions surrounding the C£90M that Tony Bloom has stumped up to pay for the stadium. Can you refresh my memory? Are they good questions, or complete bollocks?

Cheers

Papa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here