Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom - you're a disgrace

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Indeed, a very sad day. I think what this has done is highlight the fickleness and unrealistic expectations of many albion fans. Why is there no acceptance that ANY manager we have will need time to turn us around? We've been poor for so long that we can't just be revived overnight now. We're a club in decay and have been for a long time, particularly in terms of the playing squad. I think any manager we employ needs at least TWO YEARS to sort us out, but as the Russell saga proves noone will be given that time. And that worries me, because I don't think we can succeed without someone getting it.

I agree with the expectation level. I think the problem is that with Falmer and a new chairman, expectations were always going to get out of control. Bloom had to make a decision either to stick with Russell Slade and give him more money to spend in January or act now and he chose the latter. To be honest, I am not sure whether it is the right or wrong decision but only time will tell. I suppose if he announces a Coppell or Curbishley type appointment on Tuesday the reaction will be different to us being rejected by a couple of people and taking two weeks to appoint, as with last time.

What I would genuinely like to know is whether Russell was given the option to bring his own backroom staff and chose to keep the current setup or he was forced to keep the current setup. If it was the latter, I would really have liked to see him bring his own people in instead of sacking him.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Exactly. We'd be in league two now if it wasn't for that man. The fact that's been forgotten so quickly makes me ashamed of the club I watch 40 odd times a season. There is a serious lack of CLASS about us now, what with this and the Wilkins sacking.

I'm not ashamed to say there is a tear in my eye for Russell tonight. We didn't deserve him:bowdown:

Sadly that is football these days. Managers go from heroes to scapegoats in the blink of an eye. As I said in my previous post, I am really not sure whether this is the right decision or not but the worry is if we are still in the bottom four come February, do we sack another manager or stick by them?

I agree about being gutted for Russell Slade. He was a fantastic manager for us last season even if it did not quite work this year. He came across as a really decent bloke and I hope he gets a new job quickly.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I'd like too see how many people are actually HAPPY with the sacking of Slade.

Because, I for one, certainly aren't.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Perhaps Bloom sensed the mood of the fans becomming very unhappy with the current manager and decided to nip it in the bud before it became a full blown protest type situation.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I'm sorry Tom, but Russell was NEVER going to turn it round. It was inevitable for sometime that Bloom would wield his axe and he did so. Just face the truth, he saved us from relegation and spent pretty well in the summer. But 15 games in and just outside the bottom four, is pathetic! if we had eleven men on the pitch against Huddersfield and still lost 7-1, he was going to be a goner then. Tranmere WHO are the worst team in this f***ing division, and he played OGH upfront with Murray was another joke decision. Face it mate, Slade had to go so we can look onwards and upwards. A new manager, brand spanking new coaching staff we'll be right up there. So Bloom aint a disgrace, he is the chairman of this football club for a reason, because he wants to see us in the championship and beyond with Falmer. Oh by the way, football is now a results business, and the results just weren't good enough. Let me put this past you, if we were playing Leeds yesterday, like we'll be this month and we defend like that against them, we would of been destroyed even before the half time whistle! So Bloom was dead right in sacking slade!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Thanks for the stadium money, Tony, but ON the pitch (which is what we really care about) you've just f***ed up your first major test. You're a JOKE. Welcome to the club of idiotic football chairmen. It's a shame because I had hoped you were a bit better than that.

biggest load of shit ever posted on here :tosser:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd like too see how many people are actually HAPPY with the sacking of Slade.

Because, I for one, certainly aren't.

Apart from a few I'm sure that the majority are unhappy that Russell Slade had to be fired, mainly because he came across as a thoroughly decent, intelligent man. Sadly, his record this season determined his fate. He did a great job keeping us up last season but his record wasn't that great then either. Since joining us his winning percentage was 29% which is just not good enough for a club building a new stadium that needs filling. 9 wins in 31 games (6 of which were last season) says that the manager had to go-no matter how bad it looks by firing another manager.

Thanks Russell, you are a decent, likeable guy who tried hard-sadly, it didn't work out. Good luck in the future.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks for the stadium money, Tony, but ON the pitch (which is what we really care about) you've just f***ed up your first major test. You're a JOKE. Welcome to the club of idiotic football chairmen. It's a shame because I had hoped you were a bit better than that.
unbelievable, many of us might not agree with sacking Russ (or wendy for that matter, which he'd have voted on presumably) but after the bunce Bloom has invested and gauranteed the stadium's completion doesn't stall (which let's face it was always in the back of our minds), I for one believe he has the right to appoint and sack who the hell he wants.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
christ....
lets see if your moaning when the turnaround starts,exciting times for us my friend,exciting times....NOW STOP f***ing MOANING......

This site is full of people who just moan, how long will the new manager get before some tossers starts posting out out out?

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
Now Coppell can get on with it.

Well Done Tony, it had to be done. Thanks Russell you did brilliant last season but it was just not appenin this. Mr Coppell can now get on with the job.:albion2:

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
There are certain players who should be hanging their heads in shame ( I doubt whether they will, though )
I am sad to see RS go and I guess there was an inevitability about it from Tranmere onwards.
Sure, he has made mistakes but he has been helped out the door by certain, so called professional footballers at this club, whose performances have been nothing short of disgraceful.
Do they take any responsibility for our run of poor results...do they hell!!!
They make mistake after mistake, get themselves suspended, disrupting the manager's plans over and over again and then when given second and third chances repeat these mistakes all over again.
They are as much to blame as RS for this current mess but the manager always carries the can.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did a thread a wekk ago saying " does Bllom has the balls to make the big decisions ? ". Well he does. The guy has AMBITION, something a lot of our fans base do not have. Lets look at the FACTS.

We are 20th in division 3. We are out of the league cup at the first round. We are out of the Paint Pot at the first round. We have one of the worst home records in the league. We have only won one away from home all season. We have let in 7 away and have let is 4 and 3 twice at home in 8 games. Our support has slumped to 5600. Falmer is less than 2 years away.

Why on earth would Bloom NOT sack Slade ?.

Most people on here are now considering this season a survival project and if Slade had gone us to lower mid table would have considered a glorious achievement. What of crock of SHIT.

Raise the bar your bunch of LOSERS. Bloom wants SUCCESS not to be the " also rans " a lot of people seem content with.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that post. I'm glad Bloom's chairman and not someone like you Badger. Your oversentimentality towards those you like and bile-spitting hyperbole towards those who don't meet the expectations of your criteria for being good at football/management/business would probably leave us with the failing Kuipers as Lifetime Goalkeeper, the promising yet shredded-of-confidence Elphick hanged from the nearest floodlight and the MAN WHO HAS ENSURED WE HAVE A FUTURE FOR YOU TO MOAN ABOUT told thanks for the £93 million but you're obviosly a circus act so go do one.

Sometimes in life difficult decisions have to be made. I had to leave my first wife even though I still loved her. Maybe a terrible analogy but we were going backwards too. Of course there's no guarantee that the change will work, there are no guarantees in life full-stop. But to suggest that Bloom has 'f***ed up his first major test', suggest he's an idiot and a clown and claim that you know that 'all we care about' is what goes on on the pitch is so beyond stupid that it needs a new word. Any suggestions?

For the record - like so many Albion fans I really liked Slade and maybe with more time he could have got us climbing the league. But that's the problem with sentimentality - you hang on to something you like hoping things will get better when the evidence seems to suggest it's very unlikely that it will. There's a reason why Tony Bloom is very rich and in a position to save the club he and I (and you and everyone else on this board) loves - he's ruled by his head not his heart and has the nerve to make big, difficult decisions. If it turns out he's got this one wrong then so be it. I'm just glad that he's in charge and the one making those decisions and not you or me.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

What Bloom is better than is being responsible for a team in a league 1 relegation battle. He is providing us with one of the best new stadiums in the country and actually has the ambition to try and get the playing side of the club to match the stadium we will be playing in, and he also has the financial clout to do this........he probably sat back and watched last season unfold and has decided that will not be happening again. He has already financed a reasonable squad and i think with the right management and coaching team we can turn this season around........how you can call this a joke is beyond me .........i wonder how much of a joke you'll think it is if a new manager turns this season around and we made the play offs???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If I were Bloom today and logged onto NSC and saw the title of the thread I would be sorely tempted to f*** off with all my money. UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here