Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights match program.

BensGrandad said:
if you can't stand the heat in the kitchen go into the lounge.

Bit of a short-term solution that. You really need a thermostat control, if you catch my convoluted metaphorical drift ;)

BensGrandad said:
people that are being branded about as being willing to invest in the club as soon as permission for Falmer is granted
Now ...

These are exactly the sort of people who are NOT needed at the Albion - unprepared to support the Club when it desperately needs support to stay in business, unwilling to provide any financial input to help us fight the planning battles that must be won if we are to get a new stadium, actively using third parties to spread misinformation about the current board, and - worst of all - wanting to put money up as an "investment" at the first moment they see a prospect that will allow them to trouser some of the proceeds of our years of struggle.

They can f*** right off, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BG = Fantasy Wonderland, FFS go and take a hike

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
The club are as aware as anybody of the names of people that are being branded about as being willing to invest in the club as soon as permission for Falmer is granted so why keep taking Ian to task and tell him to name the persons and for them to come forward. This is not going to happen until we are given permission for Falmer.

But why don't all these mystery investors come out into the open?

Is it, perhaps, that the cast of bandied characters are the same old fantasy merchants who couldn't run a bath, let alone a football club?

If they had the club's interests at heart they'd show their hand now. Not get their stooges to stir the shit on Southern Counties Radio.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I "GAVE" to the A+K fund. I neither expect nor want anything in return, except for the club to survive. Could you live with yourself if the club went bust and you hadn't done all you could to keep it afloat?

Put yourself in DK and the club's shoes for a moment. And let's assume for the purposes of argument that you have done everything you could in the best interests of the club with no thought of personal profit.

And then you get constant criticism you get from some (not all) areas, have to answer the same questions over and over again, hear uninformed speculation about underhand financial motives and all the crap that flies around, especially after we lose a game! And you can't put all your cards on the table because of commercial sensitivity. And on top of that you've invested a huge wedge of dosh that you haven't a hope in hell of getting a return on (maybe not huge in terms of other football club chairman but huge in comparison to what any other supporter has done)?

Wouldn't you get pissed off? And maybe over-react sometimes? I know I would.

Get real people. Like it or not, two things are crystal clear to anyone with half a brain.

Without DK there would have been no present.

Without Falmer there will be no future.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
BensGrandad does have a valid point. The people who've covered the £7m all have bits of paper saying that technically they can get their money back. The A&K donators have no such 'security' (and I use the word only in the loosest financial sense) and are effectively being asked to donate to protect the investment of the shareholders.

One response to that is - 'so what?' We're not being asked to bail out Tescos or Sainsburys but our beloved football club. Ultimately Shares, Loans, Stocks and Bonds mean nothing, all that matters is getting the cash in. However there is a part of me that thinks it's been done 'wrong' which is why for my own part whilst I'm happy to buy any number of CDs, fanzines, merchandise etc I am not investing directly in the A&K fund via a Standing Order. I will save that for a Supporters' Trust or Share Issue.

As for the phone in, I'm afraid I can't comment. I haven't listened to any for months as I cannot STAND the numpties who phone in. That applies to all phone-ins, not just Harty's.

D

Deleted User X18H

I think Ian Hart is a twat from Worthing has no knowledge no sensible argument and no right (as he is from Worthing) to comment on Brighton and Hove Albion and should stick to Worthing United ................. there that should liven up my Saturday morning.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:
Now ...

These are exactly the sort of people who are NOT needed at the Albion - unprepared to support the Club when it desperately needs support to stay in business, unwilling to provide any financial input to help us fight the planning battles that must be won if we are to get a new stadium, actively using third parties to spread misinformation about the current board, and - worst of all - wanting to put money up as an "investment" at the first moment they see a prospect that will allow them to trouser some of the proceeds of our years of struggle.

They can f*** right off, as far as I'm concerned.

I have to disagree with you Lord B.

People that may have the cash and idea of buying or investing into Brighton & Hove Albion FC are NOT going to come forward or make their names known whilst thetre is a possibility however remote, that permission wil not be granted for 3 reaons:

(a) They would not want to just throw away money on a possible lost cause irrespective of how much they have.

(b) They would not wish to be associated with a failed bid thus reducing their credibility.

(c) They would need all their cash to consider further ground options in the event of a No to Falmer. We all know how expensive this application has proved to be.

I cannot agree with the caller who phoned in about DK removing his money although I do empathise with him on the reason for Ivor Caplin resigning suddenly. I believe that he has possibly heard whispers, but again that is only a view and a possibility not a stated fact.

I personally thuink that we will get Falmer and possibly incorporate and area for Brighton Bears to play in or is this just wishful thinking with their tie up with Skint!

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
Bens Grandad -

The Club are not aware of the mystery investors that keep popping up in you posts and friendly pubs nearby.

I know you have had an email from Martin Perry asking you to name the mystery investors. You have not replied.

You do not have to post their identities on here but just email MP with their identities and the Club can contact them.

It is put up or shut up time,

I will speak to Martin on Monday and check whether you have sent an email with the names of the people involved and will post on here whether you have done so.

There is no need for the investor's names to become public knowledge but you can not keep coming on here with your pie in the sky posts without taking some action to bring the two parties together.

BensGrandad said:
I have to disagree with you Lord B.

People that may have the cash and idea of buying or investing into Brighton & Hove Albion FC are NOT going to come forward or make their names known whilst there is a possibility however remote, that permission wil not be granted
These people (IF they exist) sound to me like they are not interested in the future of the Albion, but only want to get rich on the back of the current board's hard work.

As I said before, they are not the people I want running the Albion.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
hove born&bred said:
I think Ian Hart is a twat from Worthing has no knowledge no sensible argument and no right (as he is from Worthing) to comment on Brighton and Hove Albion and should stick to Worthing United ................. there that should liven up my Saturday morning.

I suggest that if everyone who didn't live in Brighton stopped following the club there would be a half empty Withdean every other week.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think that is anyone wants to convert their A&K 'investment' (and I use that word in it's loosest sense !) into shares or something tangeable that they help the Supporters Trust get set up.

It doesn't help when (like me) standing orders get returned by banks for having the wrong length bank account number though !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
e77 said:

It doesn't help when (like me) standing orders get returned by banks for having the wrong length bank account number though !

You too?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
e77 said:
I think that is anyone wants to convert their A&K 'investment' (and I use that word in it's loosest sense !) into shares or something tangeable that they help the Supporters Trust get set up.

From experience with the Electricity company that is down to your own bank. All you need to do is ask your bank to put a 0 in front of the bank account number and then your bank computer will accept it.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Yorkie said:
From experience with the Electricity company that is down to your own bank. All you need to do is ask your bank to put a 0 in front of the bank account number and then your bank computer will accept it.

I think it had 10 digits, which is too many.

My point is, if the club want the money it should be made easy.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
e77 said:
I think it had 10 digits, which is too many.

My point is, if the club want the money it should be made easy.

Either way it is down to your bank to sort out not the club's bank.

I worked with standing orders and direct debits.

I am paying my A&K money by standing order and had no problem at all.

Not all problems are down to the club

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
To be honest after a hard week at work I was somewhat shocked at the content of the programme editorial.
I am a great believer in being able to take it as well as give it, so any come back from last weeks show comes with the territory, however it was the nature of the personal attack, from Paul Camillin someone who I considered a friend, which saddened me.

On reading it part of me was prepared to walk out of the ground and forget the whole thing, ie both the Albion and the BBC, but as was pointed out to me at the time I've spent 31 years actively supporting the club through thick and thin, they sell 3,500 programmes whilst 25,000 listen to the phone-in and the same number read my weekly newspaper column, to leave now would tarnish those great memories and would also let my detractors both inside and outside the club win, which wouldn't be right.

Everyone has skeletons in their cupboard, its part and parcel of life, and whilst I do feel a little agrived with the nature of the attack on me I certainly won't fight fire with fire.

I still remain, for at least the time being, the BBC SCR phone-in host, and I am still passionate about the Albion and the right for its supporters to have a voice.

Whilst on NSC can I take this opportunity to thank everyone who has offered their support in the last 20 hours, the old phone at home has been fairly busy. Special mentions to Paul Neal, Mick Costin, Mary Wells and Paul High.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here